Disney bought 21st Century Fox for $71.3 billion in stock

PF9

A Home Alone reboot is being developed, but Disney wants to release it through 20th Century Studios.

There's no reason it can't be through the main Disney label, even as it is going to Disney+.

J10

Because Star Brand is expanding outside parts of Asia (Incl. Middle East, South Asia (Star India; also available Internationally through IPTV Services in UAE and Qatar, StarTimes and DStv in Sub-Saharan Region, etc.), and Taiwan) to Latin America, I thought before leaking the news about FOX Premium Channels Rebranding that the Star brand will be used in other regions outside the mentioned regions just for Streaming/OTT Services purpose, and that FOX will rebrand Internationally as Freeform, ABC, etc.

Now, Star Brand is going to be available Internationally to replace the FOX Brand; starting with Latin America, and not just for streaming purpose.

Last edited:

J10

Because they wanted to turn FOXLife LA to StarLife LA, why couldn't they change the channel in February 2021 to StarWorld LA? Are they going to air the same content as it is, or are they planning to change the channel's content to Indian Entertainment Content (Bollywood); moving its current programming soon to Star Channel and Star Premium Channels by February 2021, and becoming just like StarLife in Sub-Saharan Africa?

The logo might be Orange on February like in this picture, if they decided to turn the content of the LA channel to Indian Content by February. If not, the logo color (and the content) will stay the same as it is (unchanged).
1607442757128.png

Last edited:

PF9

I wonder why the international Fox channels are being renamed I thought Disney held the non-US rights to the Fox name (with Fox Corporation owning the US rights)

J10

I wonder why the international Fox channels are being renamed I thought Disney held the non-US rights to the Fox name (with Fox Corporation owning the US rights)
Still, they aren’t. It’ll be by February 2021, starting with Latin America.

For me, I thought that places and markets outside the MENA region, India, and Taiwan won’t have Star Brand, and uses ABC and Freeform brands only, while Star Brand (logo) will be for OTT/Streaming Internationally and worldwide, and for TV purpose via Indian/South Asian, Taiwan, and Middle Eastern Channels only.

But later on, they told me that Star Brand won’t just expand internationally for OTT/Streaming Purpose, but also it’ll replace FOX Brand; starting with Latin America. Disney wants to say goodbye to FOX Brand as soon as possible.

For the UK, maybe they’ll rebrand FOX UK and make a revival for ABC1 or rebrand to Freeform, instead of having Star Brand. This might apply for FX and FOX depending on selected European Market, whether they choose Star, Freeform, or ABC.

Last edited:

homeofthebadguys

Still, they aren’t. It’ll be by February 2021, starting with Latin America.

For me, I thought that places and markets outside the MENA region, India, and Taiwan won’t have Star Brand, and uses ABC and Freeform brands only, while Star Brand (logo) will be for OTT/Streaming Internationally and worldwide, and for TV purpose via Indian/South Asian, Taiwan, and Middle Eastern Channels only.

But later on, they told me that Star Brand won’t just expand internationally for OTT/Streaming Purpose, but also it’ll replace FOX Brand; starting with Latin America. Disney wants to say goodbye to FOX Brand as soon as possible.

For the UK, maybe they’ll rebrand FOX UK and make a revival for ABC1 or rebrand to Freeform, instead of having Star Brand. This might apply for FX and FOX depending on selected European Market, whether they choose Star, Freeform, or ABC.
It's likely due to Fox still existing as a network operator and TV producer in the United States.
If people here don't mind me drifting into a tangent, my personal belief is that Fox (as in: the broadcast service) is starting to suffer an identity crisis since spinning off and is in the same place that UPN was right now.
The only difference between UPN and Fox was that UPN had no sports or news while Fox's broadcast service is wall-to-wall sports (including WWE matches on Friday night. Friday Night Smackdown seems to correlate with eventual failure knowing how the broad/cablecasters that had it either are defunct or drifted away since), barring the third-party "adult" cartoons on Sunday and Korean music-centric reality shows (the third thing coming after "The Masked Singer" got successful).
For another thing, whilst UPN had little identity from the start (aside from being "that Star Trek network") and never got out, Fox only found themselves here after thinking that their cable news (I believe it's called "Fox News") would keep them afloat before bungling up Decision 2020 by pushing that Biden won the election (not until 14th December he didn't) after the counting was done. Fox News' former audience had turned to Newsmax (causing Newsmax ratings to spike in the process).
Fox, in terms of general entertainment has just been doing live-action shows about costumed talent or music (likely trying to catch the "Masked Singer" audience).

J10

It's likely due to Fox still existing as a network operator and TV producer in the United States.

If people here don't mind me drifting into a tangent, my personal belief is that Fox (as in: the broadcast service) is starting to suffer an identity crisis since spinning off and is in the same place that UPN was right now

The only difference between UPN and Fox was that UPN had no sports or news while Fox's broadcast service is wall-to-wall sports (including WWE matches on Friday night. Friday Night Smackdown seems to correlate with eventual failure knowing how the broad/cablecasters that had it either are defunct or drifted away since), barring the third-party "adult" cartoons on Sunday and Korean music-centric reality shows (the third thing coming after "The Masked Singer" got successful).

For another thing, whilst UPN had little identity from the start (aside from being "that Star Trek network") and never got out, Fox only found themselves here after thinking that their cable news (I believe it's called "Fox News") would keep them afloat before bungling up Decision 2020 by pushing that Biden won the election (not until 14th December he didn't) after the counting was done. Fox News' former audience had turned to Newsmax (causing Newsmax ratings to spike in the process).

Fox, in terms of general entertainment has just been doing live-action shows about costumed talent or music (likely trying to catch the "Masked Singer" audience).
This isn't the answer.

He was asking and wondering why FOX Channels Internationally are being renamed, and I responded to him that still FOX isn't changed or renamed to Star yet, it will be on February 2021, starting with Latin America.

More Info:
International Disney Networks Thread Part 7

For FOX News, Murdoch must get rid of both FOX News and FOX Business, and end its ownership. After its rate fell down to Newsmax, he should sell the channels to Comcast and switch FOX Business to Sky News International, while MSNBC and FOX News merges and becomes Sky News America (or maybe Sky News NBC).

Last edited:

J10

The logos are officially revealed or leaked, and will officially appear on February 2021.
1608309885821.png

On February 2021, FOX Premium 1&2 in Brazil will become Star Hits & Star Hits 2.

If they changed FOX Premium Cinema to Star Movies, it’ll be better because of the yellow color. Also, in this picture, Star Life logo will be in Pink color just like StarWorld HD Middle East (and Taiwan; formerly in Southeast Asia before changing color to grey until it got replaced by FOXLife in 2017).

Last edited:

SpongeBobFan2004

The logos are officially revealed or leaked, and will officially appear on February 2021.
View attachment 284936

On February 2021, FOX Premium 1&2 in Brazil will become Star Hits & Star Hits 2.

If they changed FOX Premium Cinema to Star Movies, it’ll be better because of the yellow color. Also, in this picture, Star Life logo will be in Pink color just like StarWorld HD Middle East (and Taiwan; formerly in Southeast Asia before changing color to grey until it got replaced by FOXLife in 2017).
Disney is also planning to sell FOX Sports MX/BR/CL/AR because the rest of the countries got merged with ESPN LA but will keep the name.

Ghoster1987

howdy
Is there any project being made at 20th Century?. Once Disney gutted a bunch of Fox projects in August 2019 and especially once it rebranded into 20th Century. There's like little to no projects being made there. It makes me worry that Disney is going to flat out downgrade one of the most renowned film studios, treat it like garbage, or worse make it into live action Disney 2.0 where it's souless remakes or big budget stuff and treat anything that's original or mid budget like neglected stepchildren. If that's the case what a waste of 71.3 billion by just dumping the legacy that was 20th Century Fox.

Maybe they're waiting until they release the remaining films that were made before the merger was approved. I know COVID screwed up everything as far as movie development goes but even after almost two years into the buyout this is concerning.

it's giving me Kerkorian buying MGM vibes

PF9

As gritty as NYPD Blue was, LAPD Blue would be even grittier to the point of being rated TV-MA, which would be possible because of being made for a streaming service.

lowell

Is there any project being made at 20th Century?. Once Disney gutted a bunch of Fox projects in August 2019 and especially once it rebranded into 20th Century. There's like little to no projects being made there. It makes me worry that Disney is going to flat out downgrade one of the most renowned film studios, treat it like garbage, or worse make it into live action Disney 2.0 where it's souless remakes or big budget stuff and treat anything that's original or mid budget like neglected stepchildren. If that's the case what a waste of 71.3 billion by just dumping the legacy that was 20th Century Fox.

Maybe they're waiting until they release the remaining films that were made before the merger was approved. I know COVID screwed up everything as far as movie development goes but even after almost two years into the buyout this is concerning.

it's giving me Kerkorian buying MGM vibes
For films, there are a few projects in development but I think a larger pool of new films won't be set into greenlight until most of the pre-merger ones are released.

Searchlight doesn't have this problem so they're going to have a head start but both of them will make films for both theatrical and streaming.

20th Television and FX are even faster than these guys with multiple new projects but I'm guessing TV production works at a quicker pace than film production factors into that.

lowell

It's not great but considering how they're going to try to maintain the jobs of the people there at other divisions, it would be interesting if they can merge the studio into 20th Animation, to preserve the IPs and some of the animators.

harry580

It's not great but considering how they're going to try to maintain the jobs of the people there at other divisions, it would be interesting if they can merge the studio into 20th Animation, to preserve the IPs and some of the animators.
I been said that all the time, blue sky studios could be merged with 20th animation, like how Hanna Barbera merged with Warner Bros animation

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Still waiting to see Disney giving their part of A+E Networks to Hearst. They just don't care for A&E or Lifetime, why keeping them? I mean, on Disney's website where they list all their brands and stuff, that just doesn't exist. (But they'll point out that 20% of ESPN is owned by Hearst)

lowell

I been said that all the time, blue sky studios could be merged with 20th animation, like how Hanna Barbera merged with Warner Bros animation
I think the productions of Bob's Burgers film, The Simpsons Movie 2, and Family Guy film could use extra hands from the Blue Sky animators. Plus, considering we got Christmas and Easter TV specials for Ice Age, I wouldn't mind if the IPs (maybe recycle Nimona) transition into TV shows long-term for Disney+.

harry580

I think the productions of Bob's Burgers film, The Simpsons Movie 2, and Family Guy film could use extra hands from the Blue Sky animators. Plus, considering we got Christmas and Easter TV specials for Ice Age, I wouldn't mind if the IPs (maybe recycle Nimona) transition into TV shows long-term for Disney+.
I hope they didn't do live action remakes, those are the worst, I rather have bad Adaptations of young adult books like Artemis fowl and Eragon than live action remakes

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy 50th birthday to Yuri Lowenthal. He's known for characters like Ben Tennyson (specifically as a teenager) from the Ben 10 franchise, Superman in Legion Of Superheroes, and Spiderman in the Superhero Squad Show online game and Spiderman PS4.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Version of Twilight Princess was released in North America. I wouldn't be surprised if it was brought over to the Switch as early as this year.
I'm really not sure how I feel about Paramount+.
So there's this magical fantasy land and all the people lived together in peace. But now they're all divided, until one heroine sets out to bring everyone together. What movie am I talking about?
youtube nickelodeon now streaming live: SpongeBob episodes , youtube NickRewind currently streaming iCarly iKiss and iThink They Kissed episodes,

Featured Posts