Disney bought 21st Century Fox for $71.3 billion in stock

Latest News & Videos

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Apparently Disney's rights to distribute 20th Century Studios movies theatrically (and in home video through Galapagos Films) in Poland will revert much earlier than it would have been anticipated. That's because Imperial Cinepix is being put into liquidation:

It's currently uncertain, who will take over home entertainment distribution of Paramount and Sony movies in Poland (Galapagos Films already distributes Disney movies in HE market in Poland since 2014).

Imperial's site seems to be abandoned (still mentions the original release date of "The New Mutants"): Imperial CinePix

Also, Imperial Cinepix's YT account name has changed to 20th Century Studios Polska: 20th Century Studios Polska

Reactions: ZackSmith1

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
Fun fact: Back when Disney didn't have its own international distribution arm, West German distribution of Disney films was handled by Fox.

Reactions: ZackSmith1

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I can't believe I'm bumping this thread.

Just checked around Amazon and the hefty prices and lack of availability tells me most of the stock of the Fox TV shows on DVD are going out of print in North America.

There are raised prices and limited availability for

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Angel
The X-Files
The first season of Bob's Burgers

This includes the most recently released seasons for The Simpsons, Family Guy, and The X-Files.

The titles that appear to still be in print are the Manufactured On Demand ones including the later seasons of Bob's Burgers, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show. Otherwise Disney is putting it all back in the vault.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return

Just checked around Amazon and the hefty prices and lack of availability tells me most of the stock of the Fox TV shows on DVD are going out of print in North America.

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Angel
The X-Files

This includes the most recently released seasons for The Simpsons, Family Guy, and The X-Files.

The titles that appear to still be in print are the Manufactured On Demand ones including the later seasons of Bob's Burgers, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show. Otherwise Disney is putting it all back in the vault.
Yet another defense for physical media.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2017

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Angel
The X-Files

There might be possibly Hulu will finally stream Family Guy American Dad, and The Cleveland Show Uncensored with unbeeped Swearing and extended scenes if happening. i also heard Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story a Direct To Dvd version never made it's streaming premiere so i hope Hulu add it soon

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
Ever since moving to TBS nearly every instance of the "S-word" in AD! has been uncensored (only on the TBS episodes). This is because content standards for cable are a little more lax for even TV-14 shows.

SpaceCowboy

Mar 2, 2002
USA
Visit site

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Angel
The X-Files

This was bound to happen. Now I'm wondering if back catalog movies could also be affected eventually. It'll be interesting to see if evergreen titles like Fight Club, Die Hard, or Rocky Horror Picture Show continue to be mainstays on home video.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Not to mention Aliens, Predator, and Alien Nation which was said to get a reboot. That's before Will Smith's Bright. He did that before when they were planning on rebooting Greatest American Hero, then comes Hancock.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Hey everybody, it's 7/15,World Noivern day! Kra-ka-ka-ka-kee-ree!
Butch Hartman is hinting again that 'Danny Phantom' might come back.
Does anyone find it a bit strange that Misty Lee has co-written 2 Scooby Doo productions (the Abracadabra Doo movie and the Spooky Scarecrow) and yet she's never done any voice acting in Scooby Doo? The former is especially strange since it's about stage magic, and she's also known for being a talented stage magician. On a related note, she should definitely voice Zatanna sometime in the future. It's easy casting.
And the winner is "The Grim Adventures Of The KND" which got 3 votes. "Modern Primitives" got nothing. The next matchup is between "Sky Pirates In The Sky" and "Quack Pack" .

Who is the most yellow-est fella that lives under the sea? Today SpongeBob and his VA Tom Kenny are celebrating Birthday! What a coincidence!
And yes, SpongeBob was born on July 14,1986, exactly 34 years ago!