Disney bought 21st Century Fox for $71.3 billion in stock

Latest News & Videos

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I don't know how the rating system works in the USA, but in the Netherlands, there are not just age symbols (AL, 6, 9, 12, 16), but also categories (sex, violence, drugs, discrimination, scary stuff, foul language). It would make sense to me to give these racially insensitive shorts the "9" and "discrimination" symbols, whatever that is in the USA.

I'm surprised people here care so much about ratings, warning signs etc. Most channels here don't show any ratings.

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
Jul 24, 2014
Near Seoul, South Korea
Starting with Toy Story 4, the release date of Hong Kong is added on ‘In Cinemas’ endboard, which can be shown at the end of Disney movie promos airing on Disney-owned Fox Networks Group channels. And of course even Disney Channel Asia made the endboard, the Hong Kong part would be removed when they air on Disney channels in Southeast Asia because the networks are not available in Hong Kong.

* Note: When they actually on air, the second spot is ended at 30” (Toy Story 4 logo appears before the Woody-Forky scene) and the trailer is shortened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I’m sorry to say but could you delete your last post please? I just edited the post you’ve quoted because the 4th video is wrong and also corrected some information. (This post will be deleted after your post is gone.)

I've removed your quote from my post, so there's no need for me to delete it now.

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
Jul 24, 2014
Near Seoul, South Korea
There's an online speculation that the Korean branches of 20th Century Fox and Disney will merge late next year. It comes after Disney Korea is registered as a distributor of Steven Spielberg's remake of West Side Story, which will open in December next year, on Korea Box Office Information System (KOBIS) where all movies released in Korea must be registered in order to be listed in official box office rankings.

20th Century Fox Korea, meanwhile, currently registered as a distributor of Ad Astra (opens September), Terminator: Dark Fate and Ford v. Ferrari (both open in November) and there are still many upcoming Fox movies unregistered on the system including Spies in Disguise, The King's Man, The New Mutants, etc. Given that, in my expectation, the merge could happen earlier than the speculation, as early as this December. Also here are other Fox properties in Korea which will be effected by the acquisition:
  • 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment Korea. The company is likely to be dissolved as Disney Korea has handed over its home entertainment business, except VOD, to a third-party company due to poor sales.
  • Fox Channel Network Korea, a joint venture with Tbroad, Korea's second-largest cable operator, and Fox Networks Group. Operates Fox-branded channels including FOX, FOXlife and FX.
  • JTBC3 FOX Sports, launched as part of a licensing agreement between JTBC and Fox Networks Group. If Fox Sports International fold into ESPN, it would be the third time ESPN enters the Korean market via joint venture after MBC ESPN (2001-2010) and SBS ESPN (2010-2014).
  • National Geographic Korea. Manages all National Geographic-related properties in Korea including TV channel, magazine and merchandise.

ZackSmith1

Jan 16, 2018
There's an online speculation that the Korean branches of 20th Century Fox and Disney will merge late next year. It comes after Disney Korea is registered as a distributor of Steven Spielberg's remake of West Side Story, which will open in December next year, on Korea Box Office Information System (KOBIS) where all movies released in Korea must be registered in order to be listed in official box office rankings.

20th Century Fox Korea, meanwhile, currently registered as a distributor of Ad Astra (opens September), Terminator: Dark Fate and Ford v. Ferrari (both open in November) and there are still many upcoming Fox movies unregistered on the system including Spies in Disguise, The King's Man, The New Mutants, etc. Given that, in my expectation, the merge could happen earlier than the speculation, as early as this December. Also here are other Fox properties in Korea which will be effected by the acquisition:
  • 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment Korea. The company is likely to be dissolved as Disney Korea has handed over its home entertainment business, except VOD, to a third-party company due to poor sales.
  • Fox Channel Network Korea, a joint venture with Tbroad, Korea's second-largest cable operator, and Fox Networks Group. Operates Fox-branded channels including FOX, FOXlife and FX.
  • JTBC3 FOX Sports, launched as part of a licensing agreement between JTBC and Fox Networks Group. If Fox Sports International fold into ESPN, it would be the third time ESPN enters the Korean market via joint venture after MBC ESPN (2001-2010) and SBS ESPN (2010-2014).
  • National Geographic Korea. Manages all National Geographic-related properties in Korea including TV channel, magazine and merchandise.
Well in Malaysia they seem to be shutting down the theatrical branch of TCF and Disney will handle them.

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com
The Simpsons are going to D23!

If Ralph Breaks the Internet came out a year later, they would’ve put The Simpsons in, I’m sure.

Mind you that a Simpsons Christmas special (Holidays of Future Passed) seems to include a scene that is reminiscent of Ralph Breaks the Internet, seven years before the film even existed: basically the way the internet was depicted (as a city) was a bit of a weird premonition, years before the deal was made.

lowell

Aug 11, 2018
San Francisco

If Ralph Breaks the Internet came out a year later, they would’ve put The Simpsons in, I’m sure.

Wonder if The Simpsons comic license will be transferred to Marvel or IDW from Bongo, which closed down last year, and if they'll be announced at either SDCC or here?

There is some chance that we could get an update on the Simpsons Movie 2's development so far.

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Over here, theatrical and home entertainment rights to Twentieth Century Fox are still held by Imperial Cinepix.

Coincidentally, the company (even way back when they were called Imperial Entertainment) used to have home entertainment rights to Disney films and series in Poland from 1994 till 2009, when those rights were taken over by CD Projekt (who distributed Disney video games in Poland) and ultimately from September 2014 by Galapagos Films.

The Master C

Aug 5, 2012
Dumfries, Virginia

I knew that a Fox property would eventually show up at D23. Here's hoping for more, since 20th Century Fox is skipping Comic-Con this year.

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
Maciej Bral left Fox Networks Group (where he was the CEO for CEE markets):

Coincidentally, from 1st July Kakhaber Abashidze will replace Katarzyna Westermark in the role of CEO for Disney in CEE region (until then he used to manage Disney's operations in Greece, Israel and Turkey):

Abashidze also used to work at Fox Kids/Jetix Europe, according to his Linkedin page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kakhaber-abashidze-7b19a53

Feb 6, 2017
If 20th Century Fox gets the rights to Seth MacFarlane's Ted movie franchise , instead of Universal, then Disney would have announce that a Ted 3 will be in development.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why did SDCC have to happen during the same weekend as Vinesauce Is Hope?
With how widespread the Joy-Con analog drift issue is, I'm honestly surprised I haven't had that issue yet. I've had my console for almost two years.
Is Nick doing anything for SDCC
I hope Trevor Devall is in the PPG 2016 reboot.