Digimon Adventure Gets a High School Sequel

Light Lucario

Staff member
It is going to keep most of the original music, no censorship, though they are keeping the dub names, that is okay. People are used to those names I understand, though VIZ didn't keep the old dub names for the Sailor Moon redub, just saying, if they change the names in Sailor Moon, why not here, but it not a big deal to me.

It's probably because fans of Sailor Moon wanted a complete uncut dub for years, including keeping the original names, and the higher ups for the show probably didn't want a new dub with the same dub names, especially if the creator of Sailor Moon had a issues with the dub like I have heard. Besides that, I think that the Digimon Adventure dub is held more fondly than the Sailor Moon dub. Neither are the most faithful dubs around, but I see people praising the Adventure dub much more than any of the Sailor Moon dubs.

zoombie

Anyway you think we will finally get a sub version on Blu Ray / DVD, it be great to be able to own the Japanese version legally. They couldn't do it before, but now if it is uncut, the Japanese and English audio tracks can sync.

Vegard Aune

Well Manga UK has already confirmed that their release will feature both the English and Japanese audio, so I'm assuming that the US release will too.

Incidentally, I am very, very pleased with this. I've been wanting a Digimon release I could actually buy for a very long time, but the dub-only thing has always been a deal-breaker for me.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Well Manga UK has already confirmed that their release will feature both the English and Japanese audio, so I'm assuming that the US release will too.

Incidentally, I am very, very pleased with this. I've been wanting a Digimon release I could actually buy for a very long time, but the dub-only thing has always been a deal-breaker for me.

I thought I heard about Manga UK providing both dub and sub for their DVD release. That does make it much more likely that the U.S. release will do the same and that's pretty cool.

Dudley

Staff member
I don't care what people say about the Digmon dub. It made the cartoon downright hilarious to watch when I was young, and it made it more fun to watch than Pokemon.
I can't believe Chapter 3 of tri. came out already. I got some catching up to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeether

HASSHA!!
Oh yeah, forgot to mention but Manga delayed their video release to March 2017 because they need a date for the US release. So in due time there should be a US video announcement.

Re: the posters, it's probably an artistic choice? I doubt they wouldn't put Kari on there at some point.

Last edited:

Zeether

HASSHA!!
let's hope they don't do a High School Musical plot in the dub..
please.
I...don't see them doing that at all. They've never had musical numbers in Digimon (aside from that one bath song from Tamers which was just them being silly) and if they went that route I'd not be watching Tri since, well, I dislike HSM.

Unless you're referring to a plot element from HSM, which still makes no sense. And judging by the first movie dub they're playing the plot straight with a few little funny jabs/shout outs to the original dub (Izzy saying "prodigious!" for example) so they couldn't really make that ridiculous of a change.

Boomerangfan

:|
Oh..
This sounds like that this will be the last time we'll see the Digidestined
And oh yeah, Digimon Fusion was not the last sereis.

user193851

Hi is anyone know where I can find dubbed English for watch Digimon Adventure tri. Reunion online in internet website somewhere because I can't find any different website?

Zeether

HASSHA!!
Hi is anyone know where I can find dubbed English for watch Digimon Adventure tri. Reunion online in internet website somewhere because I can't find any different website?
You can't watch the dub online anywhere, and even if it existed online this wouldn't be a good question to ask here since, well, it's not legal (unless Crunchyroll announces it)

zoombie

So I wonder if Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters anime will have a special OP and ED animation to promote Tri when it getting closer to its release date. I hope so, because I personally think that anime OP and ED is great. The OP has their great catchy rock tune, the ED is nice and somber, so having that music with a Tri trailer would be great.

Nick Evans

You know I just thought of a crazy theory that Digimon Tri not only a sequel to the frist anime but is also it's prequel as well.

I know it sounds strange and I'm mostly basing this off of Geminis being old in the frist anime and younger in the rest of them and Izzy resetting the digital world so the partners don't remember them. I haven't worked out all the time weirdness that needs to happen but bear with me.

As well know the frist anime talked about the Ordinary Digidesten that imprisoned apocalymon behind a fire wall. Well I think this virus that turns Digimon evil is the early form of what will be apocalymon. At the end of Tri the Digidesten will imprison it but realize that it will become Thierry old enemy from their childhood. So to stop from destroying both worlds they build digivices for their younger selfs. Then they make a time warp or something to suckered their younger selfs into the Digital World when they need to save it. They also tell their partners to help and guide their younger selfs.

I know it sounds confusing, but it dose solve the plot hole of the partner digimon seemingly knowing the children before episode 1.

zoombie

Okay what are your Mika Himekawa theories, what is she is? Is she actually human, or is she some other entity, and why she is doing what she is doing?

My theory is there another entity inside her that is taking her over at will. We have seen scenes with her by herself showing she genuine cares about the kids. I don't think she has been deceiving us all along. And no I don't think they are going to make it that Himekawa never existed just a disguise of some other entity. She is human, there is a real person named Mika Himekawa. I be very angry if not.

That is my theory, my other theory I believe in and what some other people think she is an original Chosen. And in order to be reunited with her partner she is desperate to listen to anyone, and like others before her like Oikawa, Yu Amano, etc., she is willing to listen to anyone. Maybe Gennai knows her for when she was a kid.

We will find out in movie 4, it is a giving we are going to find what her deal is.

In fact I am going to up it a notch, and predict whatever evil she is working with, she will have served her purpose to them, be betrayed, and than movie 5-6 be a redemption arc for her. At the very latest this could happen in movie 5, and movie 4 we will just find out why she is doing what she is doing and what evil is working for, but I really think before the end of movie 4 she will not be a villain, she may not be an ally, either because she goes into self loathing depression and goes awol and / or the villains take her captive, I mean that is what happened with both Amano siblings in Xros Wars. But that is my prediction.

Last edited:

Nick Evans

Sorry for the late reply ive been busy. I doubt they will have her possessed by an evil force, its just too light for this darker storyline.

Instead i think she will be like Kurata Akihiro from data squad. Basically she is a bit afraid of Digimon and see them as medicines to the human world. She also thinks because they are made from data they arent really living beings. So she secretly makes the virus to destroy them and manipulate the digidestined to protect the human world as the digimon die.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm not sure if there's any signs that she's afraid of Digimon. She may be afraid of what damage they could do to the human world again, but that would be about it. I could buy that she doesn't see them as real living beings though and thus sees no problem with killing all of the Digimon.

zoombie

Well a rebuttal that she is irredeemable evil, she has done some fishy stuff, make evil expression, you know how many antagonist in Digimon have done that and how many of them have more to them than that and get redeemed. For example episode 11 in Xros Wars, you know how evil and psychotic Nene looked at the end of that episode, let's wait and see wait and see what happens, this franchise is very good with fooling the audience, let's not jump to conclusion just yet, they have done this before.

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
Oooh! Sweet! Shout!Factory are usually good distributing nerdy stuff like these, so I expect some neat features.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's pretty cool. I was hoping that they'd include the Japanese versions with the DVD releases of these movies. Watching them on Crunchyroll is good, but I do still like owning DVDs so I can watch stuff whenever I want without paying a fee for it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts