did u like the 2009-2014 era of nicktoons (the channel)

Latest News & Videos

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
Sep 25, 2015
I liked some of the shows (Shocking isn't it?) such as new TMNT and LOK. And if you expand to 2015, Harvey Beaks is really good. But some of the worst Nicktoons ever have come out in that timeframe. Breadwinners and Sanjay and Craig are some examples.

Pac-Attack

May 20, 2013
I thought it was okay until mid-2011 or so, the programming was the same as when it was called Nicktoons Network for the most part. They did bring some shows like Rocko and ZIM back and surprisingly kept shows like Making Fiends (for 6 episodes that's impressive), ChalkZone or All Grown Up! on for the longest time. This was also when live-action came into the picture unfortunately: The Troop? Ok? Big Time Rush? Kinda pushing it....Power Rangers and "Nicktoons Comedy Breakfast featuring Drake and Josh and Ned's Declassified"? Too far!

In fact it got pretty bad in 2011, live-action became more obvious, too many Avatar marathons (I love this show but we don't need this every 2 weeks, granted it was already like this ever since the show ended), Nicktoons themselves were pushed to mornings and late nights (until Fall 2012). Classics like Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy left (understandable due to The 90s Are All That, though that block mostly aired Hey Arnold! over and over).

Yeah.....so much for what was once "Nicktoons Network: Animation Capital of the World". At this point the channel seems like it's on life support (better than Boomerang and Discovery Family at least, those are bigger wastes), they could be airing every single Nicktoon ever but the 90s ones are locked into The Splat, the 2000s ones are only there from time to time (4 are on right now not counting FOP), and instead we have shows that serve no purpose like LBX and Digimon Fusion, sitcoms that already air on both Nick and TeenNick, Power Rangers, NickSports, and plenty of SpongeBob, OddParents, and Ninja Turtles to go around! They don't even show some that should be airing like Kung Fu Panda and Robot and Monster!

But hey, who needs Nicktoons when you got Nicktoons on DVD!

I liked some of the shows (Shocking isn't it?) such as new TMNT and LOK. And if you expand to 2015, Harvey Beaks is really good. But some of the worst Nicktoons ever have come out in that timeframe. Breadwinners and Sanjay and Craig are some examples.
The poster mean't the channel (read the title), not the shows themselves (though Korra and TMNT began during this channel's era).

qadleez

Jan 22, 2016
]this era of nicktoons is probably the time i watched it the most. Dbz kai used to be my favorite show on nicktoons. I would watch avatar,voltron force,iron man armored adventures,dragon ball gt,legend of korra,tmnt2012,zevo 3, yugioh,power rangers.
I didn"t really watch any of the digimon series

90'sKid

Jul 17, 2015
Ohio
tvtropes.org
Eh, I didn't really care for that era. That's around when I stopped watching Nick and it kind of fell into a personal "dork age" for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crow Mayor

let me bore you
Oct 28, 2015
your closet
www.youtube.com
I actually miss this era of the channel. I remember when Wolverine and the X-Men, Monsuno, Iron Man Armored and Voltron Force used to play on this channel every day. Now I find it pretty friggin' nostalgic.

I do like the 2014 era, though. It's elements and it's announcer remind me of the Nicktoons Network days.

imanidrayton

Jul 30, 2015
I enjoyed 2009-10 era because they showed Fanboy and Chum Chum that time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
I liked it, didn't watch much of it until 2013 but around that time I remembered enjoying the Nick shows and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Sep 26, 2011
Neo Arcadia, USA
Most of my exposure to these times was when Nicktoons knew what they were doing - most of the time, of course.Despite my criticisms of each example, I only really got back into Nick when HBeaks, TLH, and WttW came about and changed my unfortunately negative views on the channel - as good as these shows are, however, they're not the true saviors of this channel everyone claims them to be (IMHO); they are steps in the right direction. Nothing more, nothing less.

I did also finally get into the later seasons of Sanjay & Craig when it didn't involve gross-out gags or excess screaming, but unlike the other 3 shows I mentioned, it's nowhere close to being to the standards Nick is starting to regain, THANKS in part to those examples I've mentioned And that's FACT.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List
Happy Birthday to the great Akira Toriyama!
Today, variety in my country's Cartoon Network's schedule has died.
I'm Planning to make a New Qubo schedule With Several New and Returning Shows (With one of them being Jacob Two-Two), No Paid Programming and the Return of the 4 hour Marathons.
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and the 7th Year Anniversary of its series finale. It ended up becoming my favorite adaptation of the Scooby-Doo Franchise and found out about Lewis Black by name (I had heard his voice in some earlier shows).