Did Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy Had A TV Special?

Latest News

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
Ratings
302 5
Hi,

Okay. This maybe confusing and it confuses me too, but I remember when I was little when there's commercial where the Hanna Barbera characters Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy had a camping trip and Doggie Daddy was about to shoot a bear. I don't know if it was meant to be a tv special or not or could be a nature message commercial. I tried to research it, but nothing. So for those of you (I hope) know what I'm talking about, was there an Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy tv special?

Thanks.

Lucho

'Ja think I'm a cowboy?
Aug 16, 2001
Ratings
NYC
www.geocities.com
Hi,

Okay. This maybe confusing and it confuses me too, but I remember when I was little when there's commercial where the Hanna Barbera characters Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy had a camping trip and Doggie Daddy was about to shoot a bear. I don't know if it was meant to be a tv special or not or could be a nature message commercial. I tried to research it, but nothing. So for those of you (I hope) know what I'm talking about, was there an Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy tv special?

Thanks.
This had me curious, you said "Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy had a camping trip"
Did you check out the episode - Pop’s Nature Pup -
http://yowpyowp.blogspot.com/2009/10/augie-doggie-pops-nature-pup.html

Doggie Daddy decides to take his son Augie back to nature, after several wilderness type incidents.
They don't shoot a bear, but get help from one.
And not just any bear.

" Doggie Daddy exclaims he can’t get in the car smelling like a skunk. Augie Doggie knows someone who can drive them home.

Daddy replies- “But Augie, boy, bears aren’t smart enough to drive.” -

Ah, but this bear is. And it turns out to be our old pal Yogi Bear, making a unique cameo appearance, who lets out with his “smarter” catch-phrase. Daddy winds up the cartoon, happily admitting Augie is - “smarter than the average son,” ...
POPS+NATURE+PUP19.png "

Great scene, great cameo!

Last edited:

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
Ratings
302 5
This had me curious, you said "Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy had a camping trip"
Did you check out the episode - Pop’s Nature Pup -
http://yowpyowp.blogspot.com/2009/10/augie-doggie-pops-nature-pup.html

Doggie Daddy decides to take his son Augie back to nature, after several wilderness type incidents.
They don't shoot a bear, but get help from one.
And not just any bear.

" Doggie Daddy exclaims he can’t get in the car smelling like a skunk. Augie Doggie knows someone who can drive them home.

Daddy replies- “But Augie, boy, bears aren’t smart enough to drive.” -

Ah, but this bear is. And it turns out to be our old pal Yogi Bear, making a unique cameo appearance, who lets out with his “smarter” catch-phrase. Daddy winds up the cartoon, happily admitting Augie is - “smarter than the average son,” ...
POPS+NATURE+PUP19.png "

Great scene, great cameo!
I guess I'm might be seeing things when I was little. So, I guess that might be the one. Thanks.