Did Anyone Here Check Out The Likes Of Detention/Road Rovers/Lunatics Unleashed.......

GrantM

Given the recent TTG/Freakazoid crossover episode referenced and even namedropped those shows (along with Waynehead), I was curious to know if anyone here checked them out due to curiosity. Detention I saw the first episode of a while back but I'm up to the 5th episode. Road Rovers........is a weird show. And I've yet to see Lunatics Unleashed (yeah, yeah I know it sucks but I'm still curious regardless)

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The Teen Titans could be fans of the original Looney Tunes and complain about how bad the Loonatics are :yawn:

Light Lucario

Staff member
I didn't see much, if any, of Detention or Waynehead, but I watched Road Rovers and Loonatics Unleashed back when they were airing. Road Rovers always felt underrated to me. It doesn't stand out as much as most of the other WB comedy series at the time, but it was fun and had some pretty funny moments from what I remember. It's certainly weird and it's really hard to stand out with shows like Tiny Toons, Animanaics and Freakazoid, but I had fun watching it.

Loonatics Unleashed is pretty infamous for good reason. The crossover taking a jab at it was pretty funny and warranted. I actually remember seeing the early promos and thinking that it looked interesting. Granted, I'm pretty sure that this was the same year Coconut Fred premiered, so it didn't have a lot of competition from the new Kid's WB shows. From what I remember, it wasn't bad per say. It just felt like a pretty desperate and blatant attempt at making Looney Tunes cool and hip with the kids. I think I stopped watching it around the middle of its first season. It's worth checking out if you're curious about it, but I don't think I could give it more of a recommendation beyond that.

GrantM

I'm almost halfway through Detention, it's grown on me a bit but I noticed it's an E/I show. But I barely see anything in it that would justify the E/I rating

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I thought Loonatics Unleashed was fine for what it was. Earlier episodes are really rough because of the off-putting puns. The Batman had the exact same issue once Robin & Batgirl were introduced. When it's a dramatic superhero series with the characters' personalities bouncing off each other...you're not going to notice much of a difference between it and the other DC cartoons airing at the time.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
I'm almost halfway through Detention, it's grown on me a bit but I noticed it's an E/I show. But I barely see anything in it that would justify the E/I rating
Detention is one of those shows where each episode is meant to have some sort of life lesson.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts