did anybody else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingNicky

i was watching you are here last night and a promo came up advertising next weeks pokemon movie and clone wars special and the backround music was straight from toonami's glory days. Did anybody else notice this?

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
i was watching you are here last night and a promo came up advertising next weeks pokemon movie and clone wars special and the backround music was straight from toonami's glory days. Did anybody else notice this?
They're using Joe Boyd Vigil now? WTF?

I need a video nao.

gtadbzman

900 Horses of Detroit Muscle
I saw the promo but didn't even pay attention to the music. :sweat: That's kinda cool though. What music was it? Can you give an example of what promo the music might be in?

{Shadow}

I saw the promo but didn't even pay attention to the music. :sweat: That's kinda cool though. What music was it? Can you give an example of what promo the music might be in?
It was "Classic" by Joe Boyd Vigil. It used to be the music for the first Sailor Moon intro during the TOM 1 era.

chdr

Nice to see them using classic Joe Boyd Vigil pieces.

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
It was "Classic" by Joe Boyd Vigil. It used to be the music for the first Sailor Moon intro during the TOM 1 era.
o_0

I'm not sure whether to be amazed that they're using Joe Boyd Vigil again, or appalled that CN is trying so desperately to make YAH the New Toonami.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Even before now, for every batman: The Brave and the Bold preview, they had Toonami music. Still happy, though.

{Shadow}

Even before now, for every batman: The Brave and the Bold preview, they had Toonami music. Still happy, though.
They've used a few Ninja Tune tracks that Toonami used to use, but I believe this is the first time a Joe Boyd Vigil track has been used in several years.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Pointed this out a while ago.

I have nothing else to say, other than CN's unintentionally making it clear that killing Toonami was 100% pointless and it's biting them in the ass.

I agree! If they had put Star Wars and/or Batman on Toonami, the ratings could have gone up. Either way, Toonami was better than Action Flicks! I mean, at least Toonami had a wide selection.:p Take that, CN!

Jayngfet

RAWR!
Anyone got a video? I need to see this now.

The sailor moon promo theme? Was it the third one on deep space bass?

I've raged over CN too much now and I've used it up, now I'm only happy they've acknowledged anything toonami related at all.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
Well, it was said that the guys behind Toonami would go to work on other parts of the network. At least we now know where they're likely working.

I loved all the music they played in Toonami, but I dislike the fact that YAH is using the music because, even though it does bring back memories, YAH will NEVER be Toonami. Ever. It can be good in it's own way. But it'll never be Toonami uber.

chdr

I agree! If they had put Star Wars and/or Batman on Toonami, the ratings could have gone up. Either way, Toonami was better than Action Flicks! I mean, at least Toonami had a wide selection.:p Take that, CN!
YAH has been running for about three or so months, with a two hour lineup, and it certainly has more variety than Toonami 08.

gtadbzman

900 Horses of Detroit Muscle
YAH has been running for about three or so months, with a two hour lineup, and it certainly has more variety than Toonami 08.
YAH should've been Toonami. It's sad really. I mean look at how much potential Toonami had this year. Here are some examples.

Class of the Titans
Sgt. Frog
Gundam 00
Gurren Lagann
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Batman: The Brave/Bold
The Secret Saturdays
Fullmetal Alchemist (new series)
D. Gray-man
Dragon Ball Z (remake)
Naruto Shippuden
Powerpuff Girls Z
Zoids Genesis
Eyeshield 21
Kiba

Here are some shows that haven't aired on Toonami that would've had great potential for the block. There are so many great action shows this year that would've been perfect for Toonami to be revived. But no, instead they had to cancel it. :sad:

Sketch

not like those other old guys

Oh?

I'd say 2 hours with Naruto, Ben 10: Alien Force and SAMURAI JACK was pretty decent variety. And if you're going to fault Toonami for playing Naruto more than once in it's allotted time. Clone Wars and Secret Saturdays say hi. It never was a whole night of premieres in 2008 though I'll give YAH that.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate

Like Sketch said, Toonami still had variety. The main problems were 1) It barely had any premieres, 2) It was reduced to two hours, 3) It went completely unadvertised for months. And you can't really compare YAH's early days to Toonami's final days. In Toonami's early days, it had far more variety than YAH currently does. But then again, Toonami was on 5 days a week then.

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
In Toonami's early days, it had far more variety than YAH currently does.
And far more quality. :p

However, why the hell are we measuring blocks in 'variety' anyways? Shouldn't we be measuring them by how good the shows are and how good the bumps are?

Lazerboy5000

Catch 'ya Later!
Oh?

I'd say 2 hours with Naruto, Ben 10: Alien Force and SAMURAI JACK was pretty decent variety. And if you're going to fault Toonami for playing Naruto more than once in it's allotted time. Clone Wars and Secret Saturdays say hi. It never was a whole night of premieres in 2008 though I'll give YAH that.
I agree with that. Toonami was trying to cling on to erevy possible strand of life. Now, 07 Toonami had a huge variety, but when Toonami got cut to 2 hours, obviously, cuts half of the variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts