Did airing Total Drama Island change Cartoon Network?

Latest News & Videos

Asa

Jul 5, 2016
Glendale, California
If Total Dramarama does end sometime next year (not confirmed since there's a rumor the show will go pass season 2), Tom and Jennifer should put their franchise to rest for a little while (not by abandoning it, just giving it another year hiatus) and put more of their focus on their upcoming projects like Lucas.

IntoTheMultiverse

Apr 5, 2019
Redondo Beach, CA, United States
I dunno how many seasons Dramarama will get, maybe the show will get canceled by season 2 or the show gets one more season (many Teletoon shows tend to end after two/three seasons).
I think it would go 3-4 seasons, since they are getting far more popular than "Teen Titans GO!". Heck, when TDR premiered Fall 2018, it was getting far more popular than TTG.

IntoTheMultiverse

Apr 5, 2019
Redondo Beach, CA, United States
I think it helped keep CN fresh for awhile. It was also better for the show itself that it didn't get picked up by MTV, which was where teen-themed shows like this usually went (to die). It would have most likely ended up as a one-season oddity over there, like Clone High.
Disney XD aired "Total Drama Island" in Spain in 2011, and it lasted only one season. Many of us were hoping that TDA would premiere the following Fall (in 2012), but TD was cancelled [in Spain] after one season.

Kevin Mo

orangemo
Yes Total Drama was the first show in general for Cartoon Network (syndicated or not) to get a PG rating. It led the way for other PG cartoons. And the franchise is still going on. Dramarama was created for Cartoon Network. It just airs on Teletoon since FreshTV produces the show.

Plus it helped expose 6teen to Americans. That was a great show.

It's too bad Cartoon Network doesn't use the PG parameters anymore, as Total Drama was TV-PG DLS (I think DLSV since there is violence too) on Cartoon Network.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Only 19 more days 'till the first day of summer.
Summertime and June Mix!

I saw something at 1:37 that says DC Superhero High. Does that mean a revival of the 2015 DC Superhero Girls, or a different project altogether?
Asa

The Thomas fandom has lost a beloved UK narrator.