DHX rebrands as WildBrain

Latest News & Videos

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
DHX Media is rebranding as WildBrain (with their existing WildBrain YT platform being now called WildBrain Spark):

I bet some of the forum users have already expected the name change.
Curiously, Wildbrain's site still has the 2018/2019 PDF catalogue bearing the DHX brand. Also, at the time of writing their screener site also retains the company's previous name and logo: DHX Media

Wonderwall

Staff member
Mar 4, 2006
Canada
Aww now my megaman crew shirt is out of date because it will forever say, DHX Media.

In seriousness, I like this name better and probably better suited. I haven't been at the Vancouver studio in months so I wasnt aware of the change coming. I assume they will be changing some of the decor there as well.

Reactions: Dudley

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
I associate the WildBrain name with very cheaply made YouTube content, so I don't know about this rebrand.

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
I was looking at their Youtube channel, and was surprised to find...they have access to Smurfs episodes?!?

EDIT: Here's their Youtube channel:

Reactions: RDG

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I remember when one part of the now-renamed Wildbrain company used to be Cinar before it was rebranded as Cookie Jar, not to mention another used to be DIC Entertainment, which was owned by Disney at one point.

Reactions: RegularCapital

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
At any rate, Wonderfly, that's just one of their channels. There's also "Wildbrain: Cartoon Super Heroes", which used to be called "Retro Gaming Shows", but was acquired by Wildbrain, now making their channel legal. Among other things, they have the complete series of the shows DIC made based on, or otherwise involving video games, including Pole Position* (which just uses the name that they licensed from Namco), all three Super Mario Bros. series (well, the most current versions of them, anyway), the 13 Legend of Zelda segments, all three seasons of Captain N: The Game Master, all three Sonic the Hedgehog series, and even the Double Dragon series. They also have the original 1994 Mega Man series. However, as of this writing, Double Dragon isn't available in the U.S. for some reason, plus, there might be problems with at least two of the Sonic series. They also have other things, including the original He-Man and She-Ra series.

In all, they have several YouTube channels, so you should check them all out.

*"Sit back, and watch them go! Hey-o! Hey-o! Hey-o! Hey-o! Hey-o!"

cheril59

Mar 9, 2015
Wildbrain also did Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown and the I Am Weasel segments of the first season of Cow and Chicken. They also did Poochini.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Given the rebranding, it looks likely that Arthur will have the honour of being produced by Cinar and its successors, by which I mean Cookie Jar, DHX Media and Wildbrain.

Reactions: RegularCapital
I remember when one part of the now-renamed Wildbrain company used to be Cinar before it was rebranded as Cookie Jar, not to mention another used to be DIC Entertainment, which was owned by Disney at one point.
Yes, DHX (or Decode Halifax) now Wildbrain is essentially Cinar, Cookie Jar, DIC, Ragdoll, FilmFair, Decode, Studio B and Halifax Film Company. DIC became part of Disney via purchasing ABC.

Wildbrain/DHX UK (now Wildbrain Spark) also handle the individual show-themed Cartoon Network YouTube channels on behalf of WarnerMedia.

Moleoman

Jan 22, 2011
Poland
@JaredCap43™ It is since May 2019 when Wildbrain's (then DHX's rights) to the series have expired (probably after round 25 years, given the fact that the earliest mention of Cinar's involvement with "Arthur" according to Kidscreen was in April 1994 (!): PBS Special Report: Program profiles: Arthur: An adaptation that paid off). In fact, PBS's International's site mentions it licenses both Seasons 1-15 (Cinar/Cookie Jar-produced episodes) and Seasons 20-25 (produced by Oasis Animation): http://pbsinternational.org/programs/arthur/

By the way, WGBH decided to partner with 9 Story to co-produce Seasons 16-19 of "Arthur" over a year before DHX acquired Cookie Jar: 9 Story to makeover, distribute Arthur

Zorak Masaki

May 6, 2002
Visit site
At any rate, Wonderfly, that's just one of their channels. There's also "Wildbrain: Cartoon Super Heroes", which used to be called "Retro Gaming Shows", but was acquired by Wildbrain, now making their channel legal. Among other things, they have the complete series of the shows DIC made based on, or otherwise involving video games, including Pole Position* (which just uses the name that they licensed from Namco), all three Super Mario Bros. series (well, the most current versions of them, anyway), the 13 Legend of Zelda segments, all three seasons of Captain N: The Game Master, all three Sonic the Hedgehog series, and even the Double Dragon series. They also have the original 1994 Mega Man series. However, as of this writing, Double Dragon isn't available in the U.S. for some reason, plus, there might be problems with at least two of the Sonic series. They also have other things, including the original He-Man and She-Ra series.
Sadly, they still only have the Club Mario version of "The Unzappables" (though it does have the SMBSS opening). I havent watched through any of the episodes, but they also likely have the alternate soundtracks for SMB and Captain N. Still, having all those shows together in one place is convenient (too bad they dont have Wheeled Warriors or C.O.P.S.).

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Matt Vogel's podcast sounds like a lot of fun just from this sound clip.

Marge Simpson is trending on Twitter. I won't say why, though.
I wonder if the mid 30's Fleischer cartoons with the 3d backgrounds with 2d characters was an inspiration for Paper Mario

Here's a teaser that announces Mulan (2020) coming to Disney+ next month .
Given how Jason J. Lewis loves Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm, he must've been really excited getting to work with Kevin Conroy on Justice League Action.