"Detective Pikachu" (live-action Pokemon) Movie News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Lucario

Staff member
a Red and Blue movie would have to have Red as the protagonist

I speak from experience when I say there are a lot of people who don't like Ash

Believe me. I know that Ash is not particularly popular for various reasons. I've been talking about the anime with people for years. Besides that, I think giving Ash the main lead in a live action movie when he's already been the star of movies for the anime would probably be a bit much.

[quot="PF9"]You could have Red start with Pikachu. And I think all the Gym Battles could be incorporated, depends on how long the producers want the movie to be. Then you have the Elite 4 and the final battle with Blue.[/quote]

They could give him Charmander instead, especially if they do want Charizard vs. Blastoise at some point. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him Pikachu, or at least made it a prominent part of his team. Pikachu is still the mascot of the franchise, so it is going to get at least a good amount of attention in any movie.

PF9 said:
If they make it soon enough Colin Dean should play Red. This would mean raising Red and Blue's ages to like 13.

They'd probably have to make the characters a little older anyway given how difficult it might be to have ten year olds playing as Pokemon trainers.

PF9 said:
EDIT: I just had another idea for a side-series in Legendary's franchise. They should make "nature mockumentaries" that show the more animal-like Pokemon in their natural habitat, and what they do in the wild.

That might be interesting as short videos, but I'm not sure if that's something they'd focus on as a movie.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I suggested Colin Dean because I enjoyed him voicing Lincoln on The Loud House (he had to leave because of issues with his voice).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
TBH, we already did have an adaptation of Red and Blue, which was the anime miniseries Pokemon Origins, which is not part of the main anime continuity at all, so I'd like to see more original Pokemon live-action films that are part of the Detective Pikachu cinematic universe should it become successful.

While he is a base breaking character, I do like Ash even if I doubt he'll appear in this Red and Blue adaptation since it would adapt the game than the anime.

PF9

I'd like a live-action Diamond and Pearl adaptation that explores the religious themes only hinted at in the original games, and the main character's faith in Arceus being a central theme to the plot. Even use a gospel soundtrack.

I've always thought we needed more religion in Pokemon.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I'd prefer Diamond and Pearl too but mostly because Cyrus is my favorite villain and it was my favorite Adventures arc.

PF9

The WB/Legendary universe should eventually expand onto TV as well

I could see TV expansions of this universe being placed on Hulu, but produced to the standards of a typical network TV drama, with seasons airing 22 to 24 episodes but not over the same amount of weeks, rather, spreading the episodes over a late September to mid May schedule. Episodes would also be 42 to 44 minutes long.

Some concepts I had for TV shows include a Pokemon Ranger TV series, a medical drama set at a hospital where all the patients are Pokemon and a TV show about the Alola Navy.

Yes, these would all be live action.

Troy Troodon

If it's not to late, I hope Steve and othe voice actors got to record for ADR and Creature Vocals.

PF9

I'd love a live-action remake of Jirachi Wishmaker directed by Steven Spielberg. It's the most Spielbergian of all the anime movies.

PF9

A prospective DP movie should have Misha Collins voice Arceus when he appears in person. This would be a reference to SPN where he plays an angel.

Dudley

Staff member
New commercial is out where we see Lickitung and Growlithe.

I’m loving how smug Mr. Mime is.

A lot of people are pointing out that Pikachu refers to a “Frenchman”. So does France exist in addition to Kalos?

PF9

As far as WBA making a Pokemon animated series it's unlikely given the existence of the anime.

Any WB-produced shows will definitely be live-action. And producing them as if they were US network series despite streaming on Hulu would be done because internationally they might air on linear TV networks that specialize in importing US network series.

MatthewRC

As far as WBA making a Pokemon animated series it's unlikely given the existence of the anime.

Any WB-produced shows will definitely be live-action. And producing them as if they were US network series despite streaming on Hulu would be done because internationally they might air on linear TV networks that specialize in importing US network series.

Yeah, I don’t think an American Pokémon cartoon adaptation would work out very well.

Dudley

Staff member
Oh man, what if they make a live action Pokémon show for the CW. It’ll be some young investigator, working with a skilled Pokémon trainer, busting crime and evil organizations. Most likely will never happen, since visual effects for the Pokémon are too costly. If they keep it at a minimum, it’ll practically be pointless, but it worked with Zoo.

PF9

That network's demographics aren't suitable for Pokemon.

Hulu would be a better option.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
That Lickitung looks terrifying to me, even more so than Mr. Mime. Growlithe looks pretty cute and I liked that close up of Bulbasaur.
I personally don’t find Mr. Mime all that creepy, aside from the rather unconvincing CGI (seriously, can we not get past the uncanny valley? It’s 2019). Lickitung on the other? Terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts