"Detective Comics" Issue #1000 Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss Detective Comics #1000!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Celebrating 80 years of Batman! Check out this special over-sized issue of Detective Comics!

DETECTIVE COMICS #1000

DETECTIVE_COMICS_1000_Main_Lee_CVR_crop_5c0abb40521120.49426663.jpg

Art by: Alvaro Martinez, Joëlle Jones, Dustin Nguyen, Alex Maleev, Jim Lee, Kelley Jones, Steve Epting, Tony S. Daniel, Greg Capullo, Neal Adams, Doug Mahnke, Various
Written by: Warren Ellis, Paul Dini, Tom King, Brian Michael Bendis, Peter J. Tomasi, Various, James T Tynion IV, Scott Snyder, Kevin Smith, Christopher Priest, Dennis O'Neil, Geoff Johns

After 80 years, it’s here—the 1,000th issue of Detective Comics, the title that literally defines DC! This 96-page issue is stacked with an unbelievable lineup of talent that will take you on a journey through Batman’s past, present and future...plus a sensational epilogue that features the first-ever DC Universe appearance of the deadly Arkham Knight! But who is under the mask? And why do they want Batman dead? The incredible future of Batman adventures begins here!

Discuss this epic installment here!

Spider-Man

I think DC Comics really hit it out of the park with this one. Every story was fantastic and I loved the tease story we got about Arkham Knight. Since he obviously can't have the same identity as the Arkham Knight from the video game I am really curious to see how this is going to play out. This issue has the same format as Action Comics #1000 but I found this one played out better. The stories were stronger I thought and the artwork was really amazing and even though this book is an anthology I thought it had a good theme that carried throughout all the stories. The story with the Penguin might be my favorite but all of them were really good though some were clearly better than others. The creator line up here was really great too and I think this had basically something for everyone. I even managed to get the Bruce Timm variant cover.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts