Deem Bristow is Dead

Swonker

A girl named Jen Irwin, who has been in e-mail contact with Ryan Drummond for some time now, has received some terrible news. Deem Bristow, Dr. Robotnik VA, died last week. Here's a copy of the e-mail she received.

Hey Jen,
Ryan here. How are you, my dear? Listen, we've
had a tragedy over here in SoCal, and you're the
first "fan"-type person I've let know about it.
DEEM BRISTOW, voice of Dr. Robotnik, your
favorite, my friend and co-worker, sadly died
last Saturday night. Here is the copy from the
E-card I got from Lani Minella:

"It is with great sorrow and shock that I tell
you about a great loss. Deem Bristow passed away
last night (1/15/05), collapsing at a singles
dance and dying shortly thereafter at Sharp
hospital. His mother says he loved the beach and
California so much, he will probably be "buried
at sea." An autopsy is being done and he was an
organ donor so just his corneas and some bone and
tissue will be taken to help others. His mother,
Peg, will try and let me know what we might be
able to do for her and I will pass on information
once I have it.
We will miss Deem very much and this was a
devasting shock. Feel free to contact me if you
have any ideas about a tribute or something we
can do."

So there you have it. The funeral is Saturday
monrning, the 22nd, at 11am (P.S.T.). That might
be when you're reading this. I'll be there
passing on my respects, please feel free to
attend in spirit from wherever you are.
Could you do me a favor? I haven't put
anything out to any of the SONIC sites about
this. Do you think you could spread the word in
the SONIC community for me? Just post a little
something (feel free to cut and paste from this
email if you want) and tell everyone to "pass it
on". Deem was so great as the voice of Eggman,
and I know alot of fans will be saddened to hear
that we won't be hearing his great voice again.
Play a round of your favorite Sonic game in his
honor today!

Love and respect,
Ryan Drummmond
+
My respect goes out to all who cared for him. R.I.P. Deem Bristow.

Conan-san

Apprently, Mike Pollock has stated that he would gladly take the rigns of the good doctor if Sega approced him (This is only roumour at this point...)

maximumzero

A Custom What Now?
Truely a bummer. No offense to the rest of the Sega VA crew, but he was probably the best of the lot. He shall be missed.

Conan-san said:
Apprently, Mike Pollock has stated that he would gladly take the rigns of the good doctor if Sega approced him (This is only roumour at this point...)

That's a hopeful sign. 'Ol Mike does a pretty darn good job, and would be an ample replacement. Good luck to him on that.

Mek

Digestive Juices
Oh wow.... And Dr. Eggman had the best VA out of all the Sonic Adventure dub cast. :(

Rest in peace man... :(

Conan-san

maximumzero said:
Truely a bummer. No offense to the rest of the Sega VA crew, but he was probably the best of the lot. He shall be missed.

That's a hopeful sign. 'Ol Mike does a pretty darn good job, and would be an ample replacement. Good luck to him on that.
Yeah, maybe we should PM his attention to this subject...

Eddy

there's a chicken on my head
That's terrible. =(

To me Deem Bristow WAS Eggman. He was the best VA out of the entire Sonic cast. But not only that, he was a real human being that lost his life.

RIP, Deem Bristow. I hope you can build your Eggman Empire where you are now. =(

ZorBrak

I AM A BUFFET OF MANLINESS.
I read that he died quite a while ago, from this same story. At least a year ago. So it was definitely not last week.

edit: Okay I looked it up maybe it did happen last week. .....I DISTINCTLY remember reading a similar letter about someone playing Eggman...a LONG time ago...something is weird about this.

Conan-san

ZorBrak said:
I read that he died quite a while ago, from this same story. At least a year ago. So it was definitely not last week.

edit: Okay I looked it up maybe it did happen last week. .....I DISTINCTLY remember reading a similar letter about someone playing Eggman...a LONG time ago...something is weird about this.
You might have that confused for the Japanese Va for Big and the English Va for Gamma, both died recently (as in whithin the year)

Conekiller

On the Cruise!
ZorBrak said:

Also the voice for the President died, but for a while it was being reported as "the VA for Eggman" it was cleared up after a few days

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts