Decline of modern Marvel and DC comics

AdrenalineRush1996

Well, it's not like that never happens at DC either. Look at Smallville being relocated from the mid-Atlantic U.S. (Maryland) to Kansas following Superman: The Movie (1978). Heck, Superman's power of flight originated outside of the comics.
Let's not forget that Mr. Freeze's sympathetic backstory as well as Harley Quinn originated in the DCAU too.

powerjake

Well, it's not like that never happens at DC either. Look at Smallville being relocated from the mid-Atlantic U.S. (Maryland) to Kansas following Superman: The Movie (1978). Heck, Superman's power of flight originated outside of the comics.

The problem is Marvel depends too much on the MCU for the influence on the cartoons, games and comics.

Dragnatek

Really it's been a gradual decline since the minutes comic book crash. Since then the two companies keep trying to grab new audiences with special events, continuity reboots, reshuffles, and gimmicks that try to target younger people and audiences that normally don't read comics.

It is funny while comics are the hot thing for TV and movies these days the actual comics themselves can't break out its gradual decline.

QUOTE="powerjake, post: 87764344, member: 283101"]
The problem is Marvel depends too much on the MCU for the influence on the cartoons, games and comics.
[/QUOTE]

Weirdly the comics seem to try too hard to be different from the MCU. Which may be a turn off for casuals who only know the movies. As for games, I would be fine with them basing stuff on the MCU if the games were good. What it was based on was the least of Avengers problems.

Last edited:

powerjake

Well, you do know they gave leadership of the comics over to Feige a few years ago.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

So thats the reason Marvel is depending on the MCU so much and making everthing be just like it was all because of Feige?.

F150Dog

Marvel fared better in many movies, exception of X-Men series but DC fared better in many TV shows, but I'm not crazy about more talk, less action in some live action DC TV shows, so DC movies could better.

powerjake

Well I hope in the distant future Marvel and DC comics learn something from their mistakes.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I noticed Friends promo are back AGAIN for nick@nite same from last year that using repetitively, but this time says "every nite"
Happy Birthday, Justin Felbinger
How come nobody made SpongeBob talk back? It's currently airing new episodes every Fridays
Since I'm in New Hampshire, there's snow outside today.

Featured Posts