December 2021 Nick Premieres

Toons Fan

@I Am Nickelodeon 1 This Saturday night at 8:37PM is Lincoln Loud's Holly Jolly Gift Guide.
620a11dc258ef7fcef13a120f263437f.jpg

kanc

@I Am Nickelodeon 1

A promo aired during tonight's That New Thursday night: Nick will premiere California Dreams (one hour show also former titled Counting Stars) next Thursday at 7pm. Zap2it listed to be announced, it should be updated soon.
So it's not TeenNick exclusive at all.

Also this Saturday's new Loud House special 8:38PM "Lincoln Loud's Holly Jolly Gift Guide", and "How the Best Was Won" then will start at 8:53PM.

Toons Fan

@I Am Nickelodeon 1

A promo aired during tonight's That New Thursday night: Nick will premiere California Dreams (one hour show also former titled Counting Stars) next Thursday at 7pm. Zap2it listed to be announced, it should be updated soon.
So it's not TeenNick exclusive at all.

The schedule page on the Nick website does show it now.

kanc

@I Am Nickelodeon 1

Zap2it and nick.com has now updated, and changed the premiere title for Star Trek: Prodigy and the time, and this time it's only half hour.

Thefutoncritic even updated those changes.

Fri Dec 17 7PM Star Trek: Prodigy - "Starstruck" #103

Although Nick has yet to premiere one hour special... TeenNick will premiere first on Dec 20 at 10PM.

The promo hasn't updated the last minute changes.. it will soon.

Last edited:

Mandouga

@I Am Nickelodeon 1

Zap2it and nick.com has now updated, and changed the premiere title for Star Trek: Prodigy and the time, and this time it's only half hour.

Thefutoncritic even updated those changes.

Fri Dec 17 7PM Star Trek: Prodigy - "Starstruck" #103

Although Nick has yet to premiere one hour special... TeenNick will premiere first on Dec 20 at 10PM.

The promo hasn't updated the last minute changes.. it will soon.
They haven't even aired the show on TV in any form yet, and they're not even going to bother airing the two part pilot?

(sigh) With this, it's clear to me that NICK has no faith whatsoever in this show, if they're just skipping to the next episode instead and randomly having TeenNick show the first (two) episode(s). I always thought they were "test-marketing" the show, and this proves it. This tells me that they don't think this show will "live long" or "prosper".

All of the above assumes that it's not the result of some kind of computer malfunction. It is "logical" to think so...

Ugh! This is Star Trek for crying out loud! NBC thought the original show was going nowhere back in the 1960s, but that was before it became a respected franchise. Is this what NICK really thinks about Prodigy; that nobody is going to watch because, the way NICK sees it, they somehow think the viewers don't/won't know what Star Trek is, or otherwise "get" Star Trek? The whole point of Prodigy (at least in the 4--technically 5--episodes available) is to bring in both long-time fans, and those viewers who have never heard of Star Trek before. (sigh) Really, I'm tempted to think that they just want to get it "out of the way" so they can get back to airing more "you-know-what", but even that wouldn't be fair to them. They probably have their reasons, but IMHO, they can't really be good ones if this really is what they are doing. We'll see though, but let's just hope that either this is a mistake, or if it isn't, that they'll change their minds and air the pilot after all...

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
They haven't even aired the show on TV in any form yet, and they're not even going to bother airing the two part pilot?

(sigh) With this, it's clear to me that NICK has no faith whatsoever in this show, if they're just skipping to the next episode instead and randomly having TeenNick show the first (two) episode(s). I always thought they were "test-marketing" the show, and this proves it. This tells me that they don't think this show will "live long" or "prosper".

All of the above assumes that it's not the result of some kind of computer malfunction. It is "logical" to think so...

Ugh! This is Star Trek for crying out loud! NBC thought the original show was going nowhere back in the 1960s, but that was before it became a respected franchise. Is this what NICK really thinks about Prodigy; that nobody is going to watch because, the way NICK sees it, they somehow think the viewers don't/won't know what Star Trek is, or otherwise "get" Star Trek? The whole point of Prodigy (at least in the 4--technically 5--episodes available) is to bring in both long-time fans, and those viewers who have never heard of Star Trek before. (sigh) Really, I'm tempted to think that they just want to get it "out of the way" so they can get back to airing more "you-know-what", but even that wouldn't be fair to them. They probably have their reasons, but IMHO, they can't really be good ones if this really is what they are doing. We'll see though, but let's just hope that either this is a mistake, or if it isn't, that they'll change their minds and air the pilot after all...
Calm down, dangit! The pilot didn’t have all the characters present until the end, which is why Nick obviously decided to change the episode. Also, Paramount+ will help the show last long, since it is a "Paramount+ Original". TeenNick will obviously update their schedule soon to remove their airing of the pilot.

Mandouga

Calm down, dangit! The pilot didn’t have all the characters present until the end, which is why Nick obviously decided to change the episode. Also, Paramount+ will help the show last long, since it is a "Paramount+ Original". TeenNick will obviously update their schedule soon to remove their airing of the pilot.

Do you really think that’s why they decided to air the next episode instead? I personally doubt that. Also, the TeenNick thing is a recent change. I’m pretty sure they’re actually going to air the pilot. What’s more, while they’re currently saying “Paramount+ original”, it’s clear that NICK is considering airing the show on TV after all, with a “preview showing” on both NICK and TeenNick in order to “test-market” the idea. However, it seems to me that the fact NICK changed their minds at (almost) the last minute (it’s happening a week from now) means that the show has already been “screwed by the network” before really being given a chance, which (to me) means that they’re convinced that the show is already a flop no matter how long it lasts online. Either that, or they just want to get it out of the way so they can get back to forcing more of “that” other show down everyone’s throats. Again, it might be a mistake, or they might change their minds and show the pilot after all (both of which are unfortunately unlikely, I’ll admit, but still). We’ll see what happens, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanc

@I Am Nickelodeon 1

California Dreaming (you made a typo and typed California Dreams, it's actually California Dreaming)
It's not a series this time, it's a special actually, and here's the show production based on instagram. Tracie Krieger posted:

"Welp! We have good news and bad news and good news again! Ben booked a very big Nickelodeon TV show series about two years ago - originally called ‘Counting Stars’ and produced by Ryan Tedder and Simon Fuller. It was supposed to start filming in April 2020. Obviously that didn’t happen and we were devastated. But we moved on… no big deal… And then about a year ago, we found out that they were going to bring it back! He went to Atlanta in February 2021 and he filmed the pilot episode. He had the time of his life!!! But then the network decided not to pick it up. We were devastated again. And then just a couple weeks ago, they announced that they are going to air the pilot! … So there you go! Please tune in next Thursday night at 7 PM eastern time on the regular Nickelodeon channel for ‘California Dreamin’! Congrats to Ben and the whole team!!!!! (A small promotion for it just aired and I have included it above!)"

Also in regards for Star Trek: Prodigy, the promo finally updated and no longer showing one hour special but only as regular ep. Starstruck Fri at 7pm. It's now advertised as special commercial free event.

TeenNick schedule as well as Nicktoons updated the schedule and no longer showing the one hour: Lost and Found anymore.

Last edited:

Mandouga

I guess that answers that question, doesn’t it? NICK really has decided that Star Trek: Prodigy is already a failure before even giving it a real chance. I mean, after all, not everyone subscribes to Paramount+. Not only that, but the two-part pilot isn’t on the P+ YouTube channel, anymore (if this was already reported, then I apologize)…

kanc

I guess that answers that question, doesn’t it? NICK really has decided that Star Trek: Prodigy is already a failure before even giving it a real chance. I mean, after all, not everyone subscribes to Paramount+. Not only that, but the two-part pilot isn’t on the P+ YouTube channel, anymore (if this was already reported, then I apologize)…

@Mandouga it's already now available free on Nick on demand, and on Nick app and Nick site

Mandouga

Oh, so suddenly it’s available “on demand” and “the NICK website/app”. At this point, NICK is (kind of) dodging the issue, since they’re still not airing it on TV (it looks like they’re “taking a third option”).

It’s something, I guess, but IMO, it isn’t really much. It would still be much better if it was actually seen on TV…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.
Eurbane wrote on Ghostbuster's profile.
Nickelodeon hasen’t done much with premieres recently.
When you first learn that teenage characters are voiced by people over 30.
Kevin-Hart.jpg
Am I the only person here that is obsessed with concert setlists? For some reason, I just really enjoy keeping track of what bands and artists play live on a regular basis. My obsession did earn me a mod position on setlist.fm a long time ago, which I will always be proud of.

Featured Posts