"Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons (CW Seed Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Streaming Release Date: January 6, 2020
Movie Digital Release: August 4, 2020
Movie Physical Release: August 18, 2020

Not too many details about this so far, but it looks like an animated series starring Deathstroke is in development for the CW Seed, according to the network's president, Mark Pedowitz.

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
One of DC's most popular villains and sometimes anti-hero getting his own animated series? Can't say I'm surprised ;).

Considering they're putting it on CWSeed, I'm wondering if this is going to be Manu Bennett's Deathstroke in another Arrowverse animated series, detailing what he's been up to since Arrow season 6 :cool:?

I'm expecting Phil Bourassa involved on character designs :).

I wonder how they'll handle the release. Do it like they did with Ray and Constantine where there are two large batches of episodes released at different points? I don't expect them to go weekly like Vixen :confused:.

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Still making them I guess.

The canon of the CW Seed series becomes more and more separated from the Arrowverse to the point that City of Demons is in the DTV canon. It doesn't seem like this one will be in the Arrowverse or DTV canons.

Jackal? If I remember right, he was the one who muted Jericho in the comics. If it was Arrowverse, would be a bit weird since the Jackals group exists and the Jericho stand-in, Joe, leads it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess this could potentially be the animated debuts for more of the Wilson family, such as Adelaide and Grant :).
True, and another animated appearance for Wintergreen. Come to think of it, all 3 have only been mentioned on Arrow? But yeah, looks like a totally new art style - not Bourassa's.

Frontier

Staff member
True, and another animated appearance for Wintergreen. Come to think of it, all 3 have only been mentioned on Arrow? But yeah, looks like a totally new art style - not Bourassa's.
Wintergreen got killed off in the first season, Grant was the "Big Bad" of the Star City episode in Legends of Tomorrow season 1 but was mentioned in season 6 of Arrow, and Adelaide's just been mentioned.

The artstyle looks a lot more stylized then Bourassa's current style. Almost kind of reminds me of that test footage for the Deadpool cartoon :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I was just thinking about that, how Deathstroke is getting his animated series before Deadpool. Though I don't expect them to acknowledge this in marketing as they did for Harley Quinn. :p

The art-style looks pretty cool. The plot is fine I suppose. I like the character and all but I do think he's been used a little too much lately (kind of the same as with Harley, though I think she has even more exposure). Still I am kind of interested in seeing more from this. The other DC CW Seed projects have been pretty entertaining.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I seem to remember Grant was just born in season 6 but Adelaide told Slade to stay away? This canon... I guess it could work. 10 years ago would be 2009 and Arrow started in 2012(?). So in theory, it could take place right after that flashback where he flips out at ASIS, kills the recruits then runs off with the prototype armor. And explain what incident led to ARGUS codenaming him Deathstroke in their files. No wait, that flashback was in 2012 and he was on Lian Yu in 2009. Yeah, must be stand alone...

TheLemsterPju

The artstyle looks a lot more stylized then Bourassa's current style. Almost kind of reminds me of that test footage for the Deadpool cartoon :p.

That has to be intentional. They probably saw the test footage for the cancelled Deadpool cartoon, and saw an opportunity to do their own version, with Slade Wilson instead of Wade Wilson. :p

Does that mean this will be animated by Titmouse?

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Cast and crew details released. The show will have 12 episodes and is scheduled to debut in the 1st quarter of 2020.
DEATHSTROKE: KNIGHTS & DRAGONS stars Primetime Emmy Award winner Michael Chiklis (“The Shield,” “Gotham”) as the titular voice of Slade/Deathstroke, Sasha Alexander (“Dawson’s Creek,” “Rizzoli & Isles”) as Addie, Chris Jai Alex (“Thundercats Roar”) as Jackal and Faye Mata (“Lego Friends: Girls On A Mission”) as Rose, Griffin Puatu as Jericho, Asher Bishop as Young Joseph, Colin Salmon as Wintergreen, Delbert Hunt as Tiger, Panta Mosleh as Lady Shiva, Imari Williams as President/Hive Pilot, Minae Noji as Secretary of State, Noshir Dalal as Kapoor and Castulo Guerra as General Suarez.
Written by J.M. DeMatteis (CW Seed’s “Constantine: City of Demons”) and directed by Sung Jin Ahn (“Niko and the Sword of Light”), DEATHSTROKE: KNIGHTS & DRAGONS is an animated DC series from Blue Ribbon Content and executive produced by Sam Register (“DC Super Hero Girls,” “Mike Tyson Mysteries”), Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash”) and Sarah Schechter (“Supergirl,” “Blindspot”).

Frontier

Staff member
Cast and crew details released. The show will have 12 episodes and is scheduled to debut in the 1st quarter of 2020.
I never thought I'd see The Thing go on to play Deathstroke, but here we are. He actually sounds great as Slade ;).

Faye Mata as Rose! Awesome :D!

Griffin Puatu as Jericho should be interesting (especially since he doesn't really talk). I wonder if they'll acknowledge Grant at all :confused:?

Colin Salmon goes from playing Oliver Queen's stepfather and General Zod to playing Slade's butler/partner in crime :p.

So we've got Lady Shiva and HIVE :cool:.

Tiger? Like the character from Tim Seeley's Nightwing run? Cool :anime:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Teaser was a bit too wordy but sold how violent it's going to be. Is it just me or did that animation look like something out of Titmouse like Venture Bros? DeMatteis is the writer? Ok, checking it out.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts