Death Note US Remake being written

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Rud

Nine Arts Dragon
Aug 22, 2007
Mays Landing, New Jersey
How much you wanna bet Light gets turned into some angst teen loser who uses the Death Note to get revenge on his Highschool tormentors, and that Ryuk is changed into the Devil.

that was a joke

actualy i have high hopes for this movie.

bigdeath

A Legend is Born
Jun 25, 2006
pa, usa
How much you wanna bet Light gets turned into some angst teen loser who uses the Death Note to get revenge on his Highschool tormentors, and that Ryuk is changed into the Devil.

that was a joke

actualy i have high hopes for this movie.
That jokes not funny....:p

Movie06

Aug 22, 2006
St. Petersberg
You know, I'm really hoping for David Cronenberg to direct the film but if not, then if Elfen Lied were to get the live action treatment then I hope Cronenberg directs that one instead.

River26

May 11, 2006
Ratings
57 3
Everett, WA
As long as they stick to the original "formula", cast really promising actors. I don't see anything wrong with it. Because stuff like this can either make or break the actors. And would leave a sour taste on fans.

Dark Fact

Preaching evil since '04
Dec 5, 2004
Ratings
Tower of Dharm
www.pcenginefx.com
Unlike other remakes like Dragon Ball Z, Death Note actually has a more realistic concept that can be easily replicated by Hollywood. Ditto for the supernatural elements.

So, if by some fluke Hollywood happens to screw this movie up, it'll prove that Hollywood doesn't know how to do live action anime adaptations.

garfield15

Member of the 10,000 post club
Feb 21, 2008
Ratings
NY
Unlike other remakes like Dragon Ball Z, Death Note actually has a more realistic concept that can be easily replicated by Hollywood. Ditto for the supernatural elements.

So, if by some fluke Hollywood happens to screw this movie up, it'll prove that Hollywood doesn't know how to do live action anime adaptations.
QFT. If this goes wrong, then I will probably not be able to care a lot about upcoming live-action anime movies

(When's that damn Gundam movie being made, I mean a real one)

FlyByNite77

Oct 10, 2003
House
Visit site
I think I had Death Note #1 on my list of easiest to adapt to a western movie/tv show list when we had a thread way back when.

I think others like Beck and Nana could be adapted pretty easily as well. I'd put Monster on the list, but everyone would just say you were ripping off the fugitive.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...