"Deadpool" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Eh after bishounen Wolverine I can leave anime Marvel though I do wanna see a Marvel french animation cartoon.
The X-Men anime had a better look and design than the Wolverine anime for sure. It was probably the best looking of any of Marvel's anime attempts. I just wish the season had better overall writing from start to finish instead of getting muddled midway. Wolverine, Surge, Magneto and the X-Men also had some good guest appearances in Disk Wars. A second X-Men season or series with stronger writing and a visual style as good as the first would have been a dream for me. Heck, a Wolverine/Deadpool anime would probably be pretty awesome. They seemed to really enjoy throwing Wade into Disk Wars and Future Avengers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
The X-Men anime had a better look and design than the Wolverine anime for sure. It was probably the best looking of any of Marvel's anime attempts. I just wish the season had better overall writing from start to finish instead of getting muddled midway. Wolverine, Surge, Magneto and the X-Men also had some good guest appearances in Disk Wars. A second X-Men season or series with stronger writing and a visual style as good as the first would have been a dream for me. Heck, a Wolverine/Deadpool anime would probably be pretty awesome. They seemed to really enjoy throwing Wade into Disk Wars and Future Avengers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Maybe its because I watch too much anime per season but I'm kinda hoping for a more western aesthetic like Lastman or Motorcity or character designs by James Stokoe

Mr.O

Sorry what I ment to say its a blessing that Marvel didn't make a new X men during the new 10s
It's cool, and I agree. X-men cartoons weren't always great, imo, but I can't imagine an X-series being quite as hollow/shallow as the new age of Marvel-toons.

It was probably the Taylor Swift written episode that did it.
Are you serious? I had know idea she was a writer :/

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
It's cool, and I agree. X-men cartoons weren't always great, imo, but I can't imagine an X-series being quite as hollow/shallow as the new age of Marvel-toons.

Are you serious? I had know idea she was a writer :/
Oh, what I meant to say was there was ano episode that took shots at Taylor Swift.

Frontier

Staff member

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts