"Deadpool" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm not sure if this is relevant to the animated series, since I am not overly familiar with every project Titmouse has worked on, but this demo reel has some brief footage of Deadpool around the 1:00 minute mark. The scenes that follow immediately with Captain America and the X-Men are from their Marvel Heroes Cinematic Opening from a few years ago, but the bit with Deadpool seems to be something different (again, not necessarily this upcoming animated series, but I figured it might be worth mentioning).

TheLemsterPju

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the animated series, since I am not overly familiar with every project Titmouse has worked on, but this demo reel has some brief footage of Deadpool around the 1:00 minute mark. The scenes that follow immediately with Captain America and the X-Men are from their Marvel Heroes Cinematic Opening from a few years ago, but the bit with Deadpool seems to be something different (again, not necessarily this upcoming animated series, but I figured it might be worth mentioning).

I hope that is the animation style because it looks fantastic.

I was fearing it would resemble Archer...

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The Deadpool snippets reminded me of Black Dynamite, which I believe Titmouse also did. Has there ever been anything said about what animators are working on it?

Ideally, for me, Deadpool would be handled like The Boondocks were and they would the budget to pull off awesome action sequences even though it was a comedy. I really wonder what the Glover brothers have planned. A series of adventures or a story told in 10 parts?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Even if that clip isn't actually related to the Deadpool cartoon, this was a really cool showcase by Titmouse:cool:.

Titmouse is just a pretty awesome animation studio. They should do more Marvel work :D.
The Deadpool snippets reminded me of Black Dynamite, which I believe Titmouse also did. Has there ever been anything said about what animators are working on it?
I think some reports listed it with the same animation studio or something similar as Archer, but I don't think there's been any clear confirmation one way or the other :ack:.

thisguyisnotcool

Hmm. I actually recall seeing a Youtuber months ago mentioning an unreleased Deadpool reel by Titmouse. Mentioned it scraped and went with the Archer animators instead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Hmm. I actually recall seeing a Youtuber months ago mentioning an unreleased Deadpool reel by Titmouse. Mentioned it scraped and went with the Archer animators instead.

I would be pretty bummed if FX rejected Titmouse' pitch for something more like Archer after seeing that brief snippet....

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I did find this Tweet from someone who worked at Titmouse mentioning the demo reel contains a test for the Deadpool animated series "they lost out on". So I guess another company will handle the animation, though I don't think there's been any official confirmation about what company that might be.

Frontier

Staff member
Now I kind of wish they hadn't released the footage in their sizzle reel and gotten my hopes up about what could have been for the cartoon :(.

TheLemsterPju

Found the video. Talks about it around the 12:00 mark. Apparently the reel wasn't meant to be online

I did find this Tweet from someone who worked at Titmouse mentioning the demo reel contains a test for the Deadpool animated series "they lost out on". So I guess another company will handle the animation, though I don't think there's been any official confirmation about what company that might be.

tumblr_inline_oyi6y4tjVr1t8o4x1_250.gif

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
So to get this down. It sounds like Titmouse made a pitch to do the animation for the Deadpool series and got rejected?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
May sounds great. I kind of hoped it wouldn't premiere too late after the movie does and this seems to be right in the vicinity. I am wondering about the animation though, since it seems pretty soon after we heard about it being in production. It's possible that we got that news pretty late but I'm still going to try to keep my anticipations about the visual style in check. I'm not going to expect it to match what I hoped for but hopefully I'll be surprised.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
What kind of animation style will they go for with the show? Will it be a show with some high quality animation, or will they go for a cheaper, style over substance, presentation?

Frontier

Staff member
What kind of animation style will they go for with the show? Will it be a show with some high quality animation, or will they go for a cheaper, style over substance, presentation?
From what little we know it seems like they'll go with something similar to Archer's animation.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts