"Deadpool & Wolverine" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Is this still rumored to be X-Force?
I agree, for now consider it two different projects. But 3 would have to enter production pretty soon amid the merger or X-Force could potentially be the last movie in the canon.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
With Deadpool's style it can easily mock any "continuity changes" within the world around it in it's own movies. I would hope though that'd mean we'd see Ryan Reynolds pop up as DP in a few Avengers related movies as well in addition to his own since again you can edit him to fit and give rationale for it. But yeah it's as I've said before: DP will be the only real brand continuing to do more what it was doing before as it's clear every other X-Men related brand will be rebooted from scratch.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I doubt the same would be true for the X-Men, but I wonder how that will factor into character crossover :confused:.
He's speaking hypothetically I think but it was a eye brow raising comment. I don't hate the idea but introducing mutants in the MCU will definitely take some finesse and caution.

lowell

Wouldn't be surprised if Marvel could do an R-rated Homecoming-style Deadpool movie set in the MCU, considering we have had an origin story set up already, unless they want to tell a new origin story of Deadpool considering the XCU continuity is ending with Dark Phoenix, Legion Season 3, New Mutants, and the Gifted.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Wouldn't be surprised if Marvel could do an R-rated Homecoming-style Deadpool movie set in the MCU, considering we have had an origin story set up already, unless they want to tell a new origin story of Deadpool considering the XCU continuity is ending with Dark Phoenix, Legion Season 3, New Mutants, and the Gifted.
Disney hasn't done an R rated movie in over a decade. It would probably have to be under the Fox umbrella.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts