"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Season finale! Right now on on The CW!

dclegendsoftomorrowtb-png.204852
"Hey World!"
Monday, May 20, 2019 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
While on a mission to find Ray, Constantine and Nora discover Neron's evil plan; Nate convinces the legends to think outside the box and suggests a dangerous plan to unite magical creatures and people to save the world.

Road to Gotham

The Legends really know how to put on a show.
Quite the circus.
Even the Monitor is entertain. MMM, Popcorn, YUM!

MonitorPopcorn.jpeg

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC's Legends Of Tomorrow "Hey, World!"

To be brutally honest, that was corny, and clumsily written, and more than a bit stupid. You know what? I don't care. It was fun. It was entertaining. It held my interest. What's not to love?

Zari's fate for one thing. While I am unhappy her time with the Legends was erased (who is the dude who replaced her?) at least it was because the show decided to give her a happy ending. And just like that Arrow no longer has to worry about the Argus Apocalypse. Can we retcon Arrow's flashforwards next? It seems like the best thing about this show is that they tend to clean up canon messes.

I have to comment on Vandal Savage's cameo. It is one of the best things the show has ever done. If Giant Beebo versus Mollus did not exist, it would be the best thing bar none. Who could have possibly predicted redemption in Hell for Vandal Savage? It's wonderful, and I love that Ray brought that out. Which is the real value of Ray. It meant something to me besides being hilarious. In an episode that tried to prove redemption is not above ANY monster, I think Savage was literally the best example of that.

What's interesting to me about making Vandal Savage a comic bromance character is that in hindsight, season one was the worst season of the show. It's not even a contest. Killing off Captain Cold and making it so Rip failed to save his family were such huge bummers, and the show simply was not as fun as it wound up becoming later on. It was as dour and depressing at the rest of the Arrowverse. And the biggest reason for that was Savage. So it's interesting and right to see an interpretation of Savage more in line with the show's current sensibilities. If the show had always been good, this is how Savage always would have been. But I guess we have to settle for what we got here. But it's a pretty good consolation prize if you ask me. The scene WAS pretty amazing.

Also cool Nate got an actual goodbye scene with his dad. Almost makes his episodes-long emo worth it. But only almost.

I love how cartoony the baby dragon is. That's so cute, and amazing, and I love him with Little Zari.

I love the Monitor popping the popcorn into his mouth.

The "Make Earth Hell Again" thing was a little too on the nose to be funny if you ask me. I get the joke, producers. I'm still not laughing. We all currently live in Hell.

I love that Rory is angry the cops don't realize he's trying to help them. One of the best things about Rory is that he hates helping cops. And that moment shows why in a way few moments do. And while I don't actually consider Rory a villain, he IS a criminal. A HERO criminal, to be sure, but him being opposed to cops is actually understandable.

Next year looks to be magic themed too, which says Constantine will be back for next season at least. If his own series is picked up, his time on the show will end, but until it is, the producers still have plans for him here.

That was a cheesy finale, but it also made me smile. So what? Sue me. ****1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Zari's fate for one thing. While I am unhappy her time with the Legends was erased (who is the dude who replaced her?) at least it was because the show decided to give her a happy ending.
Behrad, Zari's brother. Klemmer seemed to hint Zari is a bit of a celebrity now.

Next year looks to be magic themed too, which says Constantine will be back for next season at least. If his own series is picked up, his time on the show will end, but until it is, the producers still have plans for him here.
Seems like just supernatural in the sense of the evil that Astra released but Klemmer seemed to hint next season's big bad is not a demon. He said it will be "back to the roots of the show" and "more firmly in history and historical periods and figures and true villain."

Klemmer also hinted next season's theme is about "How do you grow up without moving on?"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts