"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
legends.jpg

Season 5 Talkback Thread
"Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Five" - Episode 1
"Worlds lived, worlds died. Nothing will ever be the same."

hobbyfan

What a finish!

Stargirl sneak peek.

Cameos from Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, & Titans, so maybe there's hope for Swampy yet.

A cameo appearance by Marv Wolfman. Take yer bow, Marv!

The Arrowverse version of the Justice League? Swank! Did anyone catch the excerpt of Super Friends music at the end of the show?

I thought Sara would actually break down and cry on Barry's shoulder. No, really. Ollie's death hit her that hard.

Lex becomes a Nobel winner?!? Figures.

So they're going with evil Sargon, instead of the heroic version from the books. And he's also an inept jackass, like Dr. Light was in the books back in the day.

Mick's a best selling author?? Whaaaaaaaaaaa?

Predictable meta references.

Now, how does Legends top this one?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Lex gets a Nobel Peace Prize?! Merged Earths, too?! Runs DEO?!

Aw, that Marv Wolfman cameo was awesome.

Nash's back in Central City. Sara's in Star City. LMAO, Ray. "Were we invited to a crossover?"

Smart of J'onn to make use of his telepathy to inform all the heroes he can find.

Ha ha, Mick is a famous writer. :D Ray's selfie. :D Getting so meta about the crossover. Agreed, pretty much a given since it's a Legends episode.

An evil Sargon. Huh.

Sure, Anti-Monitor is back for one last fight in the final half hour.

Finally, Ray Palmer and Ryan Choi in the same room talking about shrinking. Loved how Mick's face said it all when Sara assigned him to protect Ray, Nash, and Ryan. Barry coming to help assemble the shrink bomb was probably my favorite part.

Anti-Monitor getting huge was a nice nod to the comics. As was naming places after Perez and Gardner.

So I guess Diggle still knows about Lyla's role after J'onn brought him up to speed? And little Sara is back!

Swamp Thing! Kinda neat it's revealed he's on the Earth-19 that Gypsy and the Collectors are from. So Titans and Doom Patrol confirmed beyond a doubt to be on different Earths. And the new Stargirl show is on Earth-2, interesting. Was thinking it would be a new number, not an existing one. I think that Earth-12 shot of Oa was from the GL live action movie. And the John Williams theme to close the sequence out.

So Earth-1 and Earth-38 stay merged into one as some predicted. Not sure about Black Lightning, guess we'll know next week for sure. Seems like it. All 3 in one prime Earth now.

Superman has "sons," plural?! Wha... Jason? Or Chris from the comics?

Justice League formation? SWEET. Gleek and Super Friends theme... awesome way to end it.

Last edited:

Road to Gotham

Beebo returns! What a glorious comeback for the blue furball. o_O

Also a broken cage with the name "GLEEK" on it.

My heart flutter when Barry reveal the round table with the symbol chairs.
Plus the Super Friends theme.

Superman 96 soaring. I hope they can get Routh to appear again.
If not, I feel his Superman left on a high note.
I hope his "Ray Palmer" is treated as well.

I give the CRISIS an overall 'B'. Far from perfect and alot of miss opportunities.
But those missteps don't effect my enjoyment of the cameos and fan service.
And tender moments with Sarah and Barry.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
Well, I'm glad there were more surprises in store, and that they were actually SURPRISES which shocks me the most. How they kept Ezra Miller's appearance as the Flash a secret is beyond me, especially since they spilled the beans on every other multiverse guest appearances leading up to the December episodes.

Thankfully the show delivered exactly what I wanted upon it's conclusion and going forward. ONE CW SHARED EARTH. ONE CW SHARED UNIVERSE. I don't mind another multiverse, because I'm under the impression our CW characters aren't going to ever be interacting with the DC Streaming shows. I hope the Star Girl Earth 2 designation is more correct with the comics counterpart (1940s golden age earth) than the previous CW designation. I wouldn't mind going back and forth to Stargirl Earth 2 on the CW, but leave it at that.

So now I have to try and map the multiverse out again:
Earth 2 - Stargirl
Earth 9 - Titans streaming
Earth 12 - I'm assuming present cinematic DCU
Earth 19 - Swamp Thing streaming
Earth 21 - Doom Patrol streaming

Hmmm. Yep, everything checks out and makes sense. All these shows are presently going on or coming soon, and exist alongside each other during the same time. So why not for fun just acknowledge them as being part of a new multiverse. Even if no one will ever cross over with them again. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Of course, how silly of me:

EARTH. NINTEY. SIX. - Seeing all the current streaming shows and cinematic universe getting their own designated Earths, its obvious they're announcing a direct to streaming Superman movie starring Brandon Routh. :)

hobbyfan

Beebo returns! What a glorious comeback for the blue furball. o_O

Also a broken cage with the name "GLEEK" on it.

My heart flutter when Barry reveal the round table with the symbol chairs.
Plus the Super Friends theme.

Superman 96 soaring. I hope they can get Routh to appear again.
If not, I feel his Superman left on a high note.
I hope his "Ray Palmer" is treated as well.

I give the CRISIS an overall 'B'. Far from perfect and alot of miss opportunities.
But those missteps don't effect my enjoyment of the cameos and fan service.
And tender moments with Sarah and Barry.

That broken cage means one thing. I think we may see the CW's version of the Wonder Twins (which won't be a surprise, since they have their own book wrapping up over the next few weeks, and have joined Young Justice.) down the road. If it's on Legends, that may be what brings me back to that show......

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC's Legends Of Tomorrow "Crisis On Infinite Earths, Part 5"

That was pretty great. I especially loved that the Multiverse returned and they made a few extra shows Arrowverse canon like Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, and the upcoming Stargirl. I didn't recognize the Green Lantern Universe, but maybe that's upcoming too. But now we can guess that the Batman 66, Smallville, and Batman 89 Universes are safe too. And I'm glad Superman Returns Superman is back.

I don't like the place they left Lex Luthor off at, but at least the heroes themselves will know better.

"Oh, it's like that, is it?" I am surprised they folded Black Lightning into the Universe. It's going to complicate things on his show a LOT. Very interesting way to go, especially since it seemed a last minute decision.

You see the chairs and you're like "They just formed the Justice League!" And then you see the Gleek cage and realize it's actually the Superfriends.

Not sure how the final couple of Arrow episodes can work with Oliver definitely dead. We'll see.

Nash is and shall remain the Pariah forevermore. Good. He sucks.

I loved Anti-Monitor turning into a giant Power Rangers monster at the end. I know he was big in the comics, but that was the thing I still took from it.

Oh, Rory is OWNING the Rebecca now. Which is probably why Rory is the best character on this show, Constantine included.

Where was Constantine this episode, anyways? That bloke is never around when you really need him.

It's like we got the big Crisis event without our favorite shows being destroyed because DC wanted to simplify the timeline. And that's probably what should have happened in the comics too, which is why I think Rebirth was so popular. People DO get confused by multiple versions of characters running around, if me being confused by Ezra Miller's surprise cameo last episode is any indication. That doesn't mean those other interpretations don't deserve to exist, even if they will confuse a general audience member like myself. The original Crisis threw out the baby with the bathwater, and the TV version kept the best epic parts while getting rid of the thing that I think weakened the comics. That's a pretty neat trick.

That was pretty great. I'm not going to say it lived up to the hype, but even if it didn't, it was pretty much the best batch of Arrowverse episodes ever. As long as that is true, the hype doesn't bother me too much. Great conclusion to a great crossover. *****.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
That broken cage means one thing. I think we may see the CW's version of the Wonder Twins (which won't be a surprise, since they have their own book wrapping up over the next few weeks, and have joined Young Justice.) down the road. If it's on Legends, that may be what brings me back to that show......

Legends would be the best place to put them if it was just a spoof though it's possible they may have something biggered attached to them. Guess we'll see. Though if it just a joke hope it's somehow even funnier then those New Wonder Twin shorts that Adult Swim used to show.

I didn't recognize the Green Lantern Universe, but maybe that's upcoming too.

I've heard that's suppose to be a shot from the 2011 Green Lantern movie but eh there's supposed to also be a Green Lantern series coming for HBO Max and honestly I'd expect some sort of shout out eventually from the Arrowverse for that.

"Oh, it's like that, is it?" I am surprised they folded Black Lightning into the Universe. It's going to complicate things on his show a LOT. Very interesting way to go, especially since it seemed a last minute decision.

Hmmm you think that CW is going to have the cast and crew of the series moved up to film in Vancouver instead of in the Atlanta area? I mean the big reason why only Black lightning aka Jefferson Pierce showed up for this crossover was due to his series really taking place like a thousand miles away and not having the time/money to do it with others of the BL cast. I mean if they're having him as part of this new take on Superfriends and having his world now part of the main verse they are going to be in more direct contact with the guy so wouldn't it make sense to move where the show is filmed to do so? Supergirl did it when she switched over from CBS and that was before even officially being part of the mainline "Arrowverse" universe.

Not sure how the final couple of Arrow episodes can work with Oliver definitely dead. We'll see.

One is just going to pretty much the pitch pilot of the upcoming Green Arrow and the Canaries show coming this fall while the other could just be a more full in memorium though yeah that one will certainly actually involve some new footage of Stephen Amell while next week probably won't have any.

I blinked and missed Ezra Miller's quick cameo. Ehhh.

Uh you do know that was in the 4th part in the Arrow episode of the Crisis right? As it was actually like a minute long so it was not a blink and you miss it cameo. As there was interaction and not just showcasing of characters like the other earths that cameod at the end of this one.

hobbyfan

Legends would be the best place to put them if it was just a spoof though it's possible they may have something biggered attached to them. Guess we'll see. Though if it just a joke hope it's somehow even funnier then those New Wonder Twin shorts that Adult Swim used to show.

[as] catered to the internet with those edited shorts, which were really the 1977 shorts with new material mixed in, and not funny.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Where was Constantine this episode, anyways? That bloke is never around when you really need him.
Pretty sure they answer that next week and use him to introduce the new threat that Astra unleashed. Basically, he was busy in Part 5 looking into reports of these worst of the worst from history showing up around the world. Then he returns to the Legends to say the 'we got to fix this' spiel and start off the season arc.

I've heard that's suppose to be a shot from the 2011 Green Lantern movie but eh there's supposed to also be a Green Lantern series coming for HBO Max and honestly I'd expect some sort of shout out eventually from the Arrowverse for that.
Yeah, they pinched it from either when Reynolds' Hal first arrives on Oa or at the end. Maybe one of the shots in this featurette at the 8 or 1:33 mark. But double it as a nod to the upcoming series.

Dudley

Staff member
It’s nice that all the CW shows are finally in the same universe. And Diggle has BOTH his kids! Yay!!
And Gleek is around too....I admit I loled, and I love that the Superfriends theme started playing.
But naturally, a few characters were missing, but I stopped keeping track of what happens in the shows now. Where was Mr. Terrific, or Constantine? And why didn’t Cisco come back? I thought he got his powers again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
But naturally, a few characters were missing, but I stopped keeping track of what happens in the shows now. Where was Mr. Terrific, or Constantine? And why didn’t Cisco come back? I thought he got his powers again.
I'm sure the series will each address it but Guggenheim said the reason came down to money. For the crossovers, they have pay actors more so they had to be strategic in the end and thus, some characters didn't appear again in Part 4 and 5.

Dudley

Staff member
I'm sure the series will each address it but Guggenheim said the reason came down to money. For the crossovers, they have pay actors more so they had to be strategic in the end and thus, some characters didn't appear again in Part 4 and 5.

Of course. I wasn’t sure if it was money or the characters left the show or died in the show or whatever.

Wait, I thought Stargirl was going to air in DC Universe, but it’ll be on CW, AND be in another universe?
They need to stop doing that crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wait, I thought Stargirl was going to air in DC Universe, but it’ll be on CW, AND be in another universe?
Yes, at first, Stargirl was just going to be a DC Universe exclusive but now it will be also airing on CW. And yes, it's in a different universe, Earth-2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
legends.jpg

"Meet the Legends" - Episode 2
Sara, Ray and Mick are shocked to discover that the Legends have become famous. It seems that everyone except Sara is loving the spotlight, so much so that they invite a documentary crew on board the Waverider to film them as they investigate a strange new blip in the Timeline. The Legends discover that their new problem is none other than Rasputin, who happens to be straight out of hell, and it might be tougher than they thought. Meanwhile, Constantine thinks he knows the reason behind these new blips and informs the team that it won't be easy to defeat.

Road to Gotham

This episode was Brutal. D+
Every character but Sara and Constantine were annoying.
Rasputin actor was over the top hammy and not in a good way.
Dislike the reality show feel.
Plus side was Ray wearing his Atom suit for a decent amount of time.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC's Legends Of Tomorrow "Meet The Legends"

I don't know. I found the tone inconsistent. I think the show thinks it's being funny by juxtaposing Sara and Ava's heart-to-heart with the fight, but it doesn't stop the heart-to-heart from being a lame cliche. And that is perhaps the entire problem with the show and whenever it attempts pathos. Even if they did intersperse it with comedy, I still probably wouldn't buy it because it's so painfully written.

Speaking of which, I was 100% certain Mona would be written off the show this year last year. I could not help but feel that character had to be unfathomably unpopular with fans. I am not a person that believe shows should cater to, or even LISTEN to their fans. But when they come up with a character as bad as Mona, and then seemingly center the arc that is SUPPOSED to be about Constantine around her instead, they need a freaking reality check. Just this once, Berlanti, listen to us. She sucks. And the negative feedback seemed to have done the trick, and she left the ship. And of course, the character being what she is, and the writers bungling what they did with her, she HAS to take Rebecca Silver with her, and get rid of the best thing about Rory, and the thing that actually makes him the best character. Mona is the type of character that cannot help ruining the experience of an otherwise enjoyable show, even on the way out. The writers were so focused on giving her a supposedly satisfying ending, they wrecked the best thing about Rory. Here's a hint: I don't care about Mona or where and how she ends up. But I do Rory. And the writers largely ruined him on behalf of a "happy" ending for Mona. I am a pretty easy to please viewer. But that is bad writing move that I should not have to complain about. It should be self-evident to any professional writer. You do not hurt the potential future of the show or one of its characters to get rid of a bad element. It's weird that the writers actually thought I'd accept that at all.

I love Gary as Constantine's apprentice, and I love that Nora is still stuck as the Fairy Godmother for little girls. Those are the secondary characters I actually like. Because the show doesn't generally become about them, at least not in the way it started focusing so heavily on Mona. Small doses for those types of characters are best.

My favorite moment was when Rasputin creepily asks Nate if he wants to be hypnotized to remember his lost love, and Nate crazily says "Let's do it!" I love that about this show and the mindset of the characters. These seem to be the only heroes in the Arrowverse that actually enjoy their adventures. Especially because the things they enjoy seem especially risky and ill-advised.

I question the audience turning on the Legends upon the claims of the adventures being fake. This show is fake (it's fiction) and I don't hold it against it. I suspect in real-life nobody would ever talk smack about a good yarn if the worst thing about it is that it didn't happen.

I love that the first thing Constantine does upon recognizing the demon that's possessed the little boy is to convince him to go down to the pub and share a drink. That is also very this show and using the character of Constantine to his fullest effect.

I think the episode was hit-and-miss. It definitely reminded me what I love about the show compared to the rest of the continuity. But it also sadly reminded me of what I hate about this corner of the Arrowverse, and that even the GOOD Arrowverse stuff is chock full of unforced errors. Hopefully the show will be better in a couple of weeks with Mona gone. God willing. ***.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
legends.jpg

"Miss Me, Kiss Me, Love Me Know" - Episode 3
When a new blip lands the Legends in 1947 Los Angeles, it puts them on the trail of Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who seems to take pleasure in fraternizing with Hollywood Elite. Sara, Ray and Constantine devise a plan to capture him while Ava and Rory sit on the sidelines for the time being. They soon realize that they need to worry less about Bugsy and more about his girlfriend. Ava is struggling with being on the sidelines with Rory. Meanwhile, Nate accompanies Behrad to his dad’s birthday, where Nate meets Behrad’s sister, Zari, who seems familiar to him

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts