DC Villains who hardly ever appear in animation

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I'd like to see the other Clayfaces appear in some animated projects, not just Matt Hagen and Basil Karlo (and Mrs. Clayface from the old DC Super Hero Girls :p). I think they have some potential, especially Preston Payne since his powers are kind of different compared to the others.

Preston Payne was in one of the villain paintings in the episode "Joker: The Vile and the Villainous" of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I assumed that meant in that universe, the Preston Payne version of Clayface was the one they chose, but then the Scooby Doo crossover movie just used Basil Karlo again.
I think they referenced Payne in Beware too, in one of the final episodes....

That's always been my personal headcanon since that Mr. Payne was trying to change his identity via a fake ID, though that was never confirmed. I wish the showrunners shared any plans about what they wanted to do with the show if they had another season or two, but oh well.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
In regards to Preston Payne/Clayface, I guess you could only really do him justice in a more adult themed show with him being able to melt anyone he touches. Though it might work in a similar way to Melter from Iron Man, with him only melting stuff while fighting Batman or something. It's a decent enough compromise, I guess.

It would be nice to see an animated origin for the Ultra-Humanite, or just more from him in general. With the character basically being the first super-villain Superman faced in the comics one would expect he would have appeared more often in cartoons. I think they could also make some pretty interesting stories using his gimmick of switching bodies and stuff, like Batman: The Brave & the Bold had him use a dinosaur instead of a gorilla.

the greenman

At this point Grodd is more popular. Humanite does need an origin either in animation or live action so that he'll get awareness.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

K7P5V

Definitely, my choice would be...
Prometheus

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
One that just popped in my head was the GL villain Black Hand. Though I suppose it's probably more likely the classic Black Hand will appear rather than the death causing/Black Lantern Corps avatar take.

Frontier

Staff member
One that just popped in my head was the GL villain Black Hand. Though I suppose it's probably more likely the classic Black Hand will appear rather than the death causing/Black Lantern Corps avatar take.
I think with the plan to adapt Blackest Night in GL:TAS, they would've eventually introduced Black Hand.

Ed Nygma

Well, you certainly got a lot of Prankster in Lois & Clark; perhaps more than you ever needed!

Kidding aside, people like to dismiss it but Lois & Clark was, in hindsight, the only time they ever adapted the post-crisis Superman into live action. Even more faithfully than STAS, whether right or wrong (DCAU Supes essentially turned into the Silver Age version by JLU). I will never forgive that Superman Returns wasted a generations' version of movie Superman by redoing the Donner era, and then Man of Steel skipping straight to the New 52 portrayal. I wanted to see Conduit and Matrix Supergirl and Allie the copy girl and all those idiots, just once before history moved on!

EmaHalJordan

Parallax!!! Hopefully we can have animated movies that count from Emerald Twilight, Zero Hour, to Hal Jordan's sacrifice on Final Night!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I could've sworn we have a thread for the show. In any case, wherever it is, please post it there.

At 30:07 there's a sneak peek of the upcoming episode of "Tuca and Bertie".

And today we start the Media Brackets competition. The first matchup of round 1 is Repetitive Birthdays. It's between the Jimmy Neutron episode "Hypno Birthday To You" and the Sofia The First episode "The Birthday Wish".
I'm hearing reports that Playstation Network went down (or is still down).....I was wondering why I was having issues last night playing games online....
Happy 5 year anniversary to Elena Of Avalor.

Featured Posts