DC Universe vs Masters of the Universe comic coming this Summer

Latest News & Videos

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Aug 26, 2001
Not of your damn business
www.zimed.net
Keith Giffen and Dexter Soy will be making with one of those 80s dream matches you never thought would ever happen starting this August.

DC has been doing Masters stuff lately, so this seems like it was bound to happen eventually (much like when Wildstorm published Thundercats comics leading to the steaming pile of garbage that was Superman/Thundercats. Let's hope this is better).

I am wondering how they'll handle the inevitable fight between He-Man and Superman. Supes has the advantage going by abilities, but he has the glaring weakness of magic, which would help out He-Man a lot.

DC UNIVERSE VS. THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #1 arrives in stores on August 28.
Source: DC Comics Blog via Comics Beat

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Sep 6, 2001
Princeton Jct, NJ
www.edwick.com
I can hardly wait for DC to fully integrate the He-Man universe into the New 52, so Dr. Light can rape, murder, and dismember the Sorceress, while Battle Cat savagely disembowels Snapper Carr in the old JL headquarters in that cave in Rhode Island. Because what He-Man really needed was to be grim, dark, serious, and incredibly violent.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Feb 21, 2003
Arlington, VA
Because what He-Man really needed was to be grim, dark, serious, and incredibly violent.
It's already entirely too serious unfortunately. I was recklessly optimistic enough to get 6 issues of DC's He-Man comic on comixology (some mild spoilers inbound)...the entire premise of the story arc was Skeletor winning off-panel but ultimately getting overthrown because he brainwashed everybody and gave them amnesia instead of killing them (no, this doesn't make sense, even with the justification they offer), though they kill off somebody important before the end just to do it. Oh, and an offhand remark reveals that the completely unshown defeat happened because Orko betrayed them.

The best I can say about this for now is...well, it probably won't be worse.

BTW, is it me or is this crossover is totally mismatched. Has anything He-Man ever done in *any* medium anywhere come close to what modern-era Superman has done?! I mean, come on. Hopefully it's more about teaming up to smash bad guys.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
I love cross-overs....but I'm not a big fan of He-Man, and I'd be more excited if it was pre-52 DC.

Villano

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
It's already entirely too serious unfortunately. I was recklessly optimistic enough to get 6 issues of DC's He-Man comic on comixology (some mild spoilers inbound)...the entire premise of the story arc was Skeletor winning off-panel but ultimately getting overthrown because he brainwashed everybody and gave them amnesia instead of killing them (no, this doesn't make sense, even with the justification they offer), though they kill off somebody important before the end just to do it. Oh, and an offhand remark reveals that the completely unshown defeat happened because Orko betrayed them.

The best I can say about this for now is...well, it probably won't be worse.

BTW, is it me or is this crossover is totally mismatched. Has anything He-Man ever done in *any* medium anywhere close to what modern-era Superman has done?! I mean, come on. Hopefully it's more about teaming up to smash bad guys.
Wow, that comic sounds truly terrible. Just another reason not to read current DC.

And He-Man's done some Superman level feats of strength. There was one episode where the moon was crashing toward Eternia and He-Man pushed it back into orbit.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CHOWDER YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO THE FORCE
Just got "Star Wars Episode 1 Racer" for the Nintendo Switch, and I'm drinking in the Nintendo 64 nostalgia. Played this game a lot 20 years ago.
Teenage Mutant CG Turtles
This is Getting a Reboot
jordanjbatista wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Excuse me, Light Lucario.

Question:

How do you make a Fantasy Schedule thread with the Best Programming and Timeslots that other fans and forum people would think about and find Enjoyable?

I couldn’t think of what to do and I don’t wanna risk my Fantasy Schedule forums getting CLOSED indefinitely.

Can u help me, plz?
kanc wrote on EJ :)'s profile.
Hi, do you think you'll have the chance to post rest of Nick ratings for Jun 22-Jun 28 please? You only posted Jun 29 Nick News, but what about the rest?