Template errors

• Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire: [E_USER_WARNING] Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire is unknown (src/XF/Template/Templater.php:689)

"DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary" Blu-ray/Digital Collection Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this Collection and Tell Us Why!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Collecting all thirty titles from the DC Universe Animated Original Movies line in one special 10th anniversary collection!

DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary
Studio: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
Release Date: Digital - August 15, 2017; Blu-ray - November 7, 2017

Synopsis: Launched in 2007 with the landmark release of Superman Doomsday, the DC Universe Original Movies are based on or inspired by storylines and/or characters from within the ever-expanding DC library. Produced by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the stories range from films based upon iconic DC Super Hero stories (Superman Doomsday, Justice League: The New Frontier, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: The Killing Joke) to films inspired by themes from within DC history (Batman vs. Robin was inspired by “The Court of Owls,” Superman vs. The Elite was inspired by “What’s so Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?”) to original stories (Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Batman and Harley Quinn).

The DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary will include all 30 films – from Superman Doomsday to the all-new Batman and Harley Quinn, as well as newly released commemorative editions of Wonder Woman and Justice League: The New Frontier. The collection will also include all five DC Showcase animated shorts – The Spectre, Green Arrow, Jonah Hex, Catwoman and Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam.

Discuss this special collection release right here at The DC Animation Forum! To discuss the individual films, click the links below!

Are you going to pick up this special anniversary release?

Related Discussion:

Animated Movies
-Batman and Harley Quinn (2017)
-Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (2017)
-Justice League Dark (2017)
-Batman: The Killing Joke (2016)
-Justice League vs Teen Titans (2016)
-Batman: Bad Blood (2016)
-Justice League: Gods and Monsters (2015)
-Batman vs Robin (2015)
-Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2015)
-Batman: Assault on Arkham (2014)
-Son of Batman (2014)
-Justice League: War (2014)
-Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)
-Superman: Unbound (2013)
-Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part Two (2013)
-Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part One (2012)
-Superman Versus The Elite (2012)
-Justice League: Doom (2012)
-Batman: Year One (2011)
-Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (2011)
-All-Star Superman (2011)
-Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (2010)
-Batman: Under the Red Hood (2010)
-Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (2010)
-Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (2009)
-Green Lantern: First Flight (2009)
-Wonder Woman (2009)
-Batman: Gotham Knight (2008)
-Justice League: The New Frontier (2008)
-Superman Doomsday (2007) Part I | Part II

Animated Shorts:
-Catwoman (2011)
-Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam (2010)
-Green Arrow (2010)
-Jonah Hex (2010)
-The Spectre (2010)

farmer44

I'm sorry but these playwire videos do not work for me. Ever. Maybe it is my ad blocker or maybe it is just a [poor] site in terms of compatibility even though I typically use the latest browser. I do see it trying to access facebook.com - probably for tracking purposes. I just don't see the point in using playwire anyway. What's wrong with youtube?

Mod Note: Post edited due to inappropriate language.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC All Access has released a brief video promoting the forthcoming Blu-ray release of the DC Universe 10th Anniversary Collection. Check it out below.

If you follow The World's Finest on Twitter you'll see that WF has received a copy of the release and, boy, it is a massive tome. It's a very impressive collection, nicely designed back-to-front with some solid production values. More thoughts will be posted up in the coming days and weeks.

Spider-Man

I have no problem importing it, but does anyone know if this will be available in Canada? I don't see it on Amazon.ca and the like.

Dudley

Staff member
Hmm...an impressive collection, but I don’t think I want all the movies, especially the more Batman focused ones.

But still, wow. Ten years! It’s a dang shame these don’t air on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otaku-sempai

Hmm...an impressive collection, but I don’t think I want all the movies, especially the more Batman focused ones.

But still, wow. Ten years! It’s a dang shame these don’t air on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know that some of them air on HBO from time to time.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
For those interested, The World's Finest has a review of the DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection Blu-ray box set. Click on the image below to check it out.

Yojimbo will also be covering the release, so keep an eye out for his review!

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts