"DC Universe Online" Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on this Game!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The next legend...is you!

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE

2011-01-11-dcuonline.jpg

Genre: Massively Multiplayer Online Action Game
Developer/Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Platforms: PS3, PC
Release: January 18, 2011

Synopsis: DC Universe Online is the only next-generation massively multiplayer online action game that delivers unparalleled physics-powered combat set in the DC Universe. This genre-defining game puts the power of the DC Super Heroes and villains into the palm of your hands…The next legend is YOU!

Key features:
-DCUO is and action focused superhero game in a fully realized 3D universe
-Players can experience the intensity of a 3D world created in the artistic vision of legendary comic-book artist Jim Lee
-DCUO uses a state of the art physics engine that turns the world into your weapon
-Players will be able to create their own custom hero or villain
-Players will embark on story-driven adventures penned by famous DC writers
-DCUO game play is optimized for PC and PS3
-DCUO's depth spans the entire DC Universe

Comments?

Azeke

A se...prequel is now out.

Holy mother o' cheese, Lex hasn't learned anything! And Batman...good gravy, did you see that scalp of his?

Does that mean that future Lex knows Batman is Bruce?

Who was that character in blue costume? Just a random mook?

So Batman of the future somehow survived Deathstroke beating him dead and then Joker blasting them both with rocket launcher?

Wonderwall

Staff member
Well that voice acting is a whole lot better than that first trailer. Cool stuff.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Seems worth noting that in October, this game is going free to play. Subscribers can get more versatility, but for those who just want to experience content there will be nothing stopping you soon.

When I last read up on this a few months ago the impressions seemed to be that it's cool for awhile but was saddled by a relatively weak endgame. The base action-oriented gameplay seemed pretty well received though.

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
I don't really think I'll go back to it. My problem wasn't really the price, it was just that it wasn't worth the time.

Spider-Man

A friend of mine recently told me that game was free to play and I've been considering picking it up. Is it worth trying out? I read it was mediocre but it seems to have improved with some of the DLC that they have released over the past few months. Who here plays it and is it worth investing some time in?

RockmanDash

Retired
A friend of mine recently told me thta game was free to play and I've been considering picking it up. Is it worth trying out? I read it was mediocre but it seems to have improved with some of the DLC that they have released over the past few months. Who here plays it and is it worth investing some time in?

I played most of the free content and all I can really say is that it's "alright". A lot of the missions eventually get boring, but the thrill of exploring the environments and teaming up with other people makes the experience so much more fun. I would definitely recommend giving it a shot. :)

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
I expect that a lot of players might be checking into DCU online with the release of PS4. And maybe some have never tried it for PS3. It's really a very fun game, a great starter MMO for those that have never tried one. And it's free. I'd like to see if anyone is down for starting a toonzone-based league for a regular game.

For this to work, there'll have to be some relatively simple things that happen.

We need people with PS3s or PS4s. If anyone wants to start a PC league that would be great, but unfortunately the systems aren't compatible.

We need at least four people who can play a regular game and are willing to take one of four roles and reliably play that role. We need a tank, healer, controller, and DPS. We need the dedicated tank, healer, and controller more than the DPS. More than four people would be great, as many as want to join. If we could get at least eight that would be fantastic.

People really need to be able to play regularly, at a time we can plan in the thread. You can level on your own but we need to be able to get as much of the group together for alerts, operations, raids and such as possible.

It would be best if all of these players started with fresh characters designed around their pre-planned roles.

It would be best if everyone had a headset. Mono USB headsets are cheap.

That's it. The rest is all literally fun and games. And it doesn't matter if you've played lots of MMOs or never played a one, if you haven't played we'll help you learn. So, if you are interested post in this thread and if we have enough people we'll start planning a game.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Well, full honesty up front: I hit the prime of my MMORPG activity several years ago in World of Warcraft and I will probably never return to that level again. But casual to moderate activity is possible, & having a group to play with is probably the incentive I need to seriously try another MMO and actually level a character.

I rolled one character earlier in the year, I have no idea how I designed it anymore. But I stopped immediately after the starting area, so adjusting or rerolling to suit any role would be no problem. In Warcraft I do nothing but DPS specs, so I could try for being a controller or a tank for something different. But anything would be fine depending on others' preferences.

To those reading this that are on the fence on giving it a shot, I'd just say...hey, what's to lose? It's free. It's got superheroes. What the heck. That's the conclusion I came to after kicking this around for a bit.

Todd Black

Reporter
Reporter
When is DC Universe Online coming to Switch? Will it have good content?
DC Universe Online has officially arrived on the Nintendo Switch, making it the first official MMORPG to come to the system since its launch back in 2017. The game is not “new” in terms of content though. Instead, Daybreak Games has put pretty much every piece of content from the past years of the title into the Switch version so players can enjoy it all.
This includes 30 “episodes” of events, other special events, loads of quests, and more. You can watch the launch trailer for the game below.

Continue reading...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Question: What is it about animation that always keeps you coming back for more even sometimes bad movies/shows?
What was your first instance of being hyped for something.

For me it was the Phineas and Ferb episode "Act your Age"
If I could actually love, I would love everyone of you. Thank you.
This has been a wild weekend.
nickatnite.com and nick.com schedules for The Neighborhood somehow have episode synopsis but not all: Example: early Sun Jul 21 5:34am - Welcome to the Stakeout, Synopsis: "When there’s a break-in at Calvin’s business, he teams up with Dave for a stakeout to catch the culprit in the act."

Featured Posts