"DC Universe" Digital Service - General News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:
Reactions: RDG

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Hollywood Reporter has an interview with Jim Lee. He also addresses DC Universe.
What is going to happen to DC Universe?

The original content that is on DCU is migrating to HBO Max. Truthfully, that’s the best platform for that content. The amount of content you get, not just DC , but generally from WarnerMedia, is huge and it’s the best value proposition, if I’m allowed to use that marketing term. We feel that is the place for that.

In regards to the community and experience that DCU created, and all the backlist content, something like 20.000 to 25,000 different titles, and the way it connected with fans 24-7, there is always going to be a need for that. So we’re excited to transform it and we’ll have more news on what that will look like. It’s definitely not going away.

Otaku-sempai

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Universe is moving out of scripted original series and will transition into solely a comic book subscription service, DC Universe Infinite, starting on January 21, 2021. The original shows, upcoming series and older titles on the service will be moved to HBO Max.

Having just now heard about this, I have to ask: I don't care one bit about new shows like "Titans" or "Stargirl" or "Harley Quinn". They're going to HBO MAX, they're safe for fans of those shows.....

....but what about older shows like Batman: The Animated Series, Teen Titans, Static Shock and Superfriends, and the live action "Lois and Clark" and "Wonder Woman" TV shows? That's why I subscribed for, when I joined a few months ago. Where are those going to go? Will they all go to HBO Max?

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
To put it simply, yes.

From that article:

"The company confirmed that the DC content on HBO Max will include new DC series, key DC classics and DC Universe originals like Young Justice, Titans, and DC’s Stargirl, along with recently renewed adult animated series Harley Quinn. "

I hope "key DC classics" means everything that was on DC Universe. I have HBO Max already, so....this is fine by me, as long as everything transfers over.

EDIT: If I paid an annual subscription just 2 to 3 months ago, will they reimburse a portion come January 2021, or translate that over to the new DC Universe Infinite until my annual subscription runs out?

Last edited:

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
That's more of a customer service question. :p

The answer is probably:
tumblr_pn7uzs3qsy1rrkahjo6_500.gifv

the greenman

I think they question is @wonderfly, do you have HBO max? Were you planning on getting it? Cause right now, it looks like you will either have to choose whether you want to continue with DC Universe or go with HBO max.
Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I think they question is @wonderfly, do you have HBO max? Were you planning on getting it? Cause right now, it looks like you will either have to choose whether you want to continue with DC Universe or go with HBO max.
Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

I do, so if everything just moves over, I'll just keep HBO Max.

I actually applaud for DC keeping the "DC Universe" app as a comic book reading app, because it'll serve the same purpose as Marvel's "Marvel Unlimited", which I've had for years now. The problem is, I can barely find time to read my selection of Marvel comics, so I can't really find time to add on reading DC comics (though I'd love to revisit some DC classics from the 70's and 80's, sometime).

I'll probably drop DC Universe Infinite when my annual subscription is up.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts