"DC Universe" Digital Service - General News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Discuss general live-action news about the new DC Digital Services digital platform, what series you'd like to see and why - old and new, and what not.

CURRENT LIVE-ACTION SERIES
IN DEVELOPMENT/RUMORED/SHELVED LIVE-ACTION SERIES
  • Metropolis
  • Hawk and Dove
  • Batgirl
  • Wonder Girl
Please note there are individual discussion threads for select live-action discussion. News of the digital service itself - including TV shows, movies, comics, pricing, format, etc. - and non-animated projects can be discussed here. Animation discussion is available here.

Related Discussions:
"Doom Patrol" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread
"Metropolis" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread
"Swamp Thing" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread
"Titans" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread
"Stargirl" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread

"Batgirl" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread

Mod Note: Please note some posts from the animation thread were copied here.

Last edited:

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
Wonder Woman rebirth is there. So, it can be assumed comics will be included along with the film and tv backlog

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
It’s definitely ‘Batman Returns’... really excited for the announcement, hopefully with pricing details included.

Dreyfus

Wonder Woman rebirth is there. So, it can be assumed comics will be included along with the film and tv backlog

Saw that too, but how many/which comics is now the question. I'm hoping it's a DC version of Marvel Unlimited, with almost all of the back catalog, minus current issues.

the greenman

This'll save me a little on Comixology which is $6 per month. With a backlog of films and television, it'll be tremendous in savings.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

the greenman

The fact they have films, tv, and comics all coupled with new content is enough. However, pricing is important at this point

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Spider-Man

I'm disappointed this is going to be U.S.-only, at least at the start. I understand there are likely rights issues involved but it still seems unfair to fans outside of the U.S.

I'm still looking forward to learning more and it's cool to hear that the Wonder Woman series will be an HD remaster which hopefully means a Blu-ray release.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Pre-register to streamline access to a fan experience at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter across from Comic Con, filled with installations. Thursday – Saturday hours: 9:30 AM – 7:00 PM (line closes at 6:00 PM) and Sunday hours: 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM (line closes at 4:00 PM). In terms of the animated titles
  • Explore Dick Grayson’s Titans loft and uncover clues to his whereabouts
  • Experience the mysterious creations of Dr. Niles Caulder in the Doom Patrol lab
  • Avoid succumbing to the deadly virus in the mystical swamps of Swamp Thing

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
July 19th:
Via the Hollywood Reporter, the Service will launch this Fall, and they announced the price.
Coinciding with the launch of the DC Universe Experience, a pop-up attraction at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, DC and Warner Bros. announced that pre-orders for DC Universe have opened at DCUniverse.com for an annual fee of $74.99 (plus tax, in applicable areas), with a monthly subscription of $7.99 also available at launch. All fans who pre-order before launch will receive an additional three months at no cost.

July 22nd:
I found a video with Jim Lee talking about the original live-action shows that will be on DC Universe. This must have been before Stargirl was announced.

EDIT:
IGN also has an interview with Geoff Johns from Comic-Con. He talks a little about the live-action shows between approximately the 0:42 - 3:34 minutes marks.

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
At Fan Expo Toronto, Dan Didio stated the app is set to launch in Canada in the near future. It is currently in beta. Ideally this means other worldwide locations will follow.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
There will be a panel for DC Universe at New York Comic-Con.
October 04, 2018, 5:15 PM - 6:15 PM
Room 1A24 – Javits Center
DC fans - this is your Universe! Get an in-depth look at the brand new and ground breaking digital subscription service designed just for fans – DC UNIVERSE. Plus, get the latest updates on DC Universe original live-action and animated series like Titans and Young Justice: Outsiders, and a deep dive on the incredible line-up of legendary DC films and series, epic animated movies, comic books, exclusive merchandise and much more.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts