"DC Universe" Digital Service - Animation News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It's bull is what it is. And I'm not getting any Warner service as long as the plan is annual. That's the thing I'm objecting to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Batboy84

I sent them a question in the community to see if they did remove the monthly subscription option. Hopefully we'll hear something from them soon. If they did, well it's not something I want them to do either.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Was going to cancel my plan because I barely used it but since I still want to see the rest of Young Justice I guess I'll have to wait.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
5/9: Thanks you guys. I'll do one more month after all. Want to finish the season of Doom Patrol. Although I still don't seem to have the monthly option yet.

5/10: I shouldn't double-post but if the mods would do me the favor of merging my posts I'd appreciate it. But I figured I should bump the thread to let all of you know that the monthly plan worked for me now. I didn't think that was information to leave merely to the edit function.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cartoonfan13

5/9: Thanks you guys. I'll do one more month after all. Want to finish the season of Doom Patrol. Although I still don't seem to have the monthly option yet.

5/10: I shouldn't double-post but if the mods would do me the favor of merging my posts I'd appreciate it. But I figured I should bump the thread to let all of you know that the monthly plan worked for me now. I didn't think that was information to leave merely to the edit function.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged.
Does anyone know how Justice League vs The Fatal Five is doing on DC Universe?

Batboy84

Here we go again everyone. DC Universe has announced the movies coming and leaving in July. None of the animated offerings coming (aside from YJ of course) are new to the service, all of which will be returning July 2nd; and as for those leaving, All-Star Superman, Batman: Bad Blood, Superman Unbound, and Wonder Woman (2009) will all be leaving by July 1st.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
This service clearly has no plans for a Canadian launch.

To recap availability of the exclusives:

Titans - Netflix
Young Justice: Outsiders - Teletoon
Doom Patrol - Space
Swamp Thing - Showcase
Harley Quinn - Adult Swim

Troy Troodon

Titans - Netflix
Doom Patrol - Space
Swamp Thing - Showcase

I do wonder if some of those shows will be censored since they'll be on cable.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
I do wonder if some of those shows will be censored since they'll be on cable.

Teletoon ran Young Justice Outsiders early this year. There were some time edits (long shots cut short, etc.) in the first two or three episodes because they weren't 22-minutes long. They gave up a couple of weeks in and just ran fewer ads to make up the difference. There were no content edits and the On Demand version was always uncut.

The other channels are all adult aimed, so any edits would be for episode length issues.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence

Titans - Netflix
Doom Patrol - Space
Swamp Thing - Showcase
I hope Doom Patrol is coming to Netflix too. It's the only way I can support it legally where I am.
I think between WB attempting their own streaming service and the AT&T acquisition, the role and purpose of DC Universe was probably always going to come up at some point.
It's great that they're targetting a niche community that is DC comic book fans but well "niche" doesn't exactly scream profitability.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts