"DC Universe" Digital Service - Animation News and Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Green Lantern: First Flight, Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Justice League: War, Justice League: Doom, Justice League: The New Frontier, Justice League: Throne of Atlantis and Justice League vs. Teen Titans will be added to DC Universe in April.

the greenman

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Green Lantern: First Flight, Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Justice League: War, Justice League: Doom, Justice League: The New Frontier, Justice League: Throne of Atlantis and Justice League vs. Teen Titans will be added to DC Universe in April.
Unless, I missed something, those have been on there from practically day one.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Have they actually added any archived shows to the service? It feels like they've either added original shows or shuffled around movies, but never touched any of the shows. I know some of them like Teen Titans Go and Justice League Action probably have streaming contracts with Hulu, but then shows like The Zeta Project and Beware the Batman are not streaming anywhere.

the greenman

Have they actually added any archived shows to the service? It feels like they've either added original shows or shuffled around movies, but never touched any of the shows. I know some of them like Teen Titans Go and Justice League Action probably have streaming contracts with Hulu, but then shows like The Zeta Project and Beware the Batman are not streaming anywhere.
Yeah, those two specifically are absent. I think we're waiting on Krypton S2 as well.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They're not even on Amazon?

the greenman

At the moment, I do not have DCUNIVERSE. However, when I did a couple months back, I might've remembered them having Zeta.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
The Hollywood Reporter has an interview with Jim Lee. He also addresses DC Universe.
What is going to happen to DC Universe?

The original content that is on DCU is migrating to HBO Max. Truthfully, that’s the best platform for that content. The amount of content you get, not just DC , but generally from WarnerMedia, is huge and it’s the best value proposition, if I’m allowed to use that marketing term. We feel that is the place for that.

In regards to the community and experience that DCU created, and all the backlist content, something like 20.000 to 25,000 different titles, and the way it connected with fans 24-7, there is always going to be a need for that. So we’re excited to transform it and we’ll have more news on what that will look like. It’s definitely not going away.

Frontier

Staff member
DC Universe is moving out of scripted original series and will transition into solely a comic book subscription service, DC Universe Infinite, starting on January 21, 2021. The original shows, upcoming series and older titles on the service will be moved to HBO Max.
I think this is probably the safest and smartest thing to do with the service...although I wonder if they'll change the subscription charge :confused:?

the_joker

Would it be better, at least from a business standpoint, to have DC shows and movies on both HBO Max and DC Universe? I wouldn't think there's any harm in having more options to watch DC stuff especially since both services are owned by WarnerMedia.

the greenman

They already do, but no it wouldn't. To support niche streamers, they must show up on a constant basis. Most people only showed up sometimes then dropped out. Especially if they binged the content. WB obviously saw the numbers, and that their most popular series would move out eventually.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
How come every time I try to associate with a social media account on my profile, I'm getting an error message?

To everyone reading this: You're one in a million. In other words, you're special.

Gennedy has a new show coming soon and returning to Cartoon Network. This better not get screwed over like Sym Bionic Titan

This is an interesting set of choices. We have 2 WB shows and 2 Disney Junior shows.