"DC Universe" Digital Service - Animation News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
In hindsight, this was a really bad idea for a streaming service anyways. There is a very limited amount of DC movies and TV shows to make the service worthwhile and it's galling Warner Media was asking people to spend extra money for this, Boomerang, and HBO separately when they own all of the content. Folding whatever shows don't wind up canceled into a potential all-encompassing Warner Service would be best for everyone involved.

Reactions: Cartoonfan13

Batboy84

Mar 8, 2019
Earth
In hindsight, this was a really bad idea for a streaming service anyways. There is a very limited amount of DC movies and TV shows to make the service worthwhile and it's galling Warner Media was asking people to spend extra money for this, Boomerang, and HBO separately when they own all of the content. Folding whatever shows don't wind up canceled into a potential all-encompassing Warner Service would be best for everyone involved.
Doesn't Marvel charge a similar price for its comic book service, Marvel Unlimited? Because wow has DC improved the DC Universe service on the comic book front.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Not to mention that WB's streaming service will be aiming to be family friendly from what I remember, so HBO merging with it is out too.
Yeah, I don't think the WB streaming service will also be home to the Animated Features or stuff like Doom Patrol or Titans :sweat:.
Will it? Isn't HBO one of the, if not THE, main selling points of the WarnerMedia streaming service?
I think the rumor is that there might be some kind of HBO streaming bundle attached to a subscription to the WarnerMedia streaming service, just as there are rumors Disney might do the same with Disney+ and Hulu.

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
I think the rumor is that there might be some kind of HBO streaming bundle attached to a subscription to the WarnerMedia streaming service, just as there are rumors Disney might do the same with Disney+ and Hulu.
A WarnerMedia streaming service (WMSS)/HBO Now bundle would make more sense than what was previously reported.

Anyways, DC Universe being shuttered would suck but if that really were the case, I'm sure they'd just merge (some of) its content with WMSS, though I doubt its DC library would be anywhere near as expansive as it is on DC Universe. As for its comic book library, they could use it as the backbone for their own comic book subscription service to compete with Marvel Unlimited and Comixology Unlimited. Let's call it DC...Unlimited.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I wonder if it's fair going into this thinking it's the make or break moment for the service after all the rumors and bad news?
I think there will probably be high expections one way or another as far as confirming new content and renewals for their current content (YJ, Doom Patrol, etc.), beyond whether the service is even continuing :sweat:.

Although it would be kind of weird to let a service have it's own panel that you plan on discontinuing :shrug:.

I also imagine they'll probably have a preview for Stargirl :).

Cartoonfan13

Sep 12, 2017
I
I think there will probably be high expections one way or another as far as confirming new content and renewals for their current content (YJ, Doom Patrol, etc.), beyond whether the service is even continuing :sweat:.

Although it would be kind of weird to let a service have it's own panel that you plan on discontinuing :shrug:.

I also imagine they'll probably have a preview for Stargirl :).
Hope they get asked about a Teen Titans Continuation.

Reactions: Frontier

Batboy84

Mar 8, 2019
Earth
Man, this whole thing with HBO Max has me confused. Like there'll be DC stuff on there, but DC Universe isn't going anywhere according to the mods there, but at the same time the trailer for HBO Max had the Doom Patrol logo within it. Also, there's no official word on the status of this or their other streaming services. Just the typical "Please stay tuned. We have multiple announcements coming up at (insert convention here) on shows that are already airing. Thank you." It's enough to drive a person mad. And I checked the trailer itself, all it said was DC. Not DC Universe. Just DC. There is no confirmation that they or any other WB services are merging. So I'm curious, what's everyone else thinking on this?

Reactions: Frontier

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.