"DC Universe" Digital Service - Animation News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
It's bull is what it is. And I'm not getting any Warner service as long as the plan is annual. That's the thing I'm objecting to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Batboy84

Mar 8, 2019
Earth
I sent them a question in the community to see if they did remove the monthly subscription option. Hopefully we'll hear something from them soon. If they did, well it's not something I want them to do either.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
Was going to cancel my plan because I barely used it but since I still want to see the rest of Young Justice I guess I'll have to wait.

Reactions: Cartoonfan13

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
5/9: Thanks you guys. I'll do one more month after all. Want to finish the season of Doom Patrol. Although I still don't seem to have the monthly option yet.

5/10: I shouldn't double-post but if the mods would do me the favor of merging my posts I'd appreciate it. But I figured I should bump the thread to let all of you know that the monthly plan worked for me now. I didn't think that was information to leave merely to the edit function.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Batboy84

Cartoonfan13

Sep 12, 2017
5/9: Thanks you guys. I'll do one more month after all. Want to finish the season of Doom Patrol. Although I still don't seem to have the monthly option yet.

5/10: I shouldn't double-post but if the mods would do me the favor of merging my posts I'd appreciate it. But I figured I should bump the thread to let all of you know that the monthly plan worked for me now. I didn't think that was information to leave merely to the edit function.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged.
Does anyone know how Justice League vs The Fatal Five is doing on DC Universe?

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
This service clearly has no plans for a Canadian launch.

To recap availability of the exclusives:

Titans - Netflix
Young Justice: Outsiders - Teletoon
Doom Patrol - Space
Swamp Thing - Showcase
Harley Quinn - Adult Swim

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014

Titans - Netflix
Doom Patrol - Space
Swamp Thing - Showcase
I do wonder if some of those shows will be censored since they'll be on cable.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
I do wonder if some of those shows will be censored since they'll be on cable.
Teletoon ran Young Justice Outsiders early this year. There were some time edits (long shots cut short, etc.) in the first two or three episodes because they weren't 22-minutes long. They gave up a couple of weeks in and just ran fewer ads to make up the difference. There were no content edits and the On Demand version was always uncut.

The other channels are all adult aimed, so any edits would be for episode length issues.

Reactions: Cartoonfan13

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed

Titans - Netflix
Doom Patrol - Space
Swamp Thing - Showcase
I hope Doom Patrol is coming to Netflix too. It's the only way I can support it legally where I am.
I think between WB attempting their own streaming service and the AT&T acquisition, the role and purpose of DC Universe was probably always going to come up at some point.
It's great that they're targetting a niche community that is DC comic book fans but well "niche" doesn't exactly scream profitability.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.