"DC Universe" Digital Service - Animation News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Looks like GL: TAS will be hitting in January.
Yep, January 1. I guess James forgot to post the press release in this thread, too, so I copied his post from the movie news thread to here.

The press release's listing for animation coming to the service this month and next are:
  1. On December 28, The New Adventures of Batman and The New Adventures of Superman comes to the service.
  2. On January 1, Green Lantern: The Animated Series
  3. On January 1, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
  4. On January 1, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
  5. On January 4, Young Justice: Outsiders (DCU Original)
  6. On January 8, All-Star Superman
  7. On January 15, Superman vs The Elite
  8. On January 22, Superman Unbound
  9. On January 29, Reign of the Supermen

Frontier

Staff member
Looks like GL: TAS will be hitting in January.

^thanks to @RoyalRubble for update

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
GL:TAS felt like a pretty big omission on the service, so I'm glad to see it's on its way :).

I have to imagine Beware the Batman isn't too far behind...
Yep, January 1. I guess James forgot to post the press release in this thread, too, so I copied his post from the movie news thread to here.

The press release's listing for animation coming to the service this month and next are:
  1. On December 28, The New Adventures of Batman and The New Adventures of Superman comes to the service.
  2. On January 1, Green Lantern: The Animated Series
  3. On January 1, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
  4. On January 1, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
  5. On January 4, Young Justice: Outsiders (DCU Original)
  6. On January 8, All-Star Superman
  7. On January 15, Superman vs The Elite
  8. On January 22, Superman Unbound
  9. On January 29, Reign of the Supermen
So basically Superman month in the lead up to Reign of the Supermen ;)

Magmaster12

That's me
Staff member
Reporter
I think it would be awesome if DC Universe gave an audio commentary option to their films. For the ones like Burtonverse Batman films they could just rip from the DVD/Bluray releases.
Streaming companies aren't on board with doing that, seems like they want an excuse for you to buy a physical copy.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Apparently John K. is FINALLY finished with 'Cans Without Labels'.
I was never a big fan of Hannah Montana, but it had the best brother-sister relationship I have ever seen on TV.
I'll Be making February 2019 Nick Premieres on Tuesday or Thursday.
lots of things might be scheduled ones that include Crashletes, Double Dare (Special & S1 Finale), LSBS (S2 Finale), More Henry Danger and Cousins For Life... Knight Squad (S2 Premiere), The Loud House, SpongeBob, RainbowButterflyUnicornKitty, Sunny Day, Peppa Pig & Lots More...
SPECULATION So, I've decided the only CN originals we could see added to Boomerang this year are Dexter's Laboratory and Codename: Kids Next Door, already among the most requested shows on the platform. Everything else is on CN On Demand through the end of the year or on Hulu, and we may not see those until 2020 at the earliest. This does not include some of the lesser-known CN stuff.
RTP and SIC did reports on Popeye's 90th. Only SIC mentioned the new web series wothout even mentioning its criticism. Both didn't even mention Wimpy. Maybe he merged with Homsar because of a wrench.