• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

"DC Universe" Digital Service - Animation News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Looks like GL: TAS will be hitting in January.
Yep, January 1. I guess James forgot to post the press release in this thread, too, so I copied his post from the movie news thread to here.

The press release's listing for animation coming to the service this month and next are:
  1. On December 28, The New Adventures of Batman and The New Adventures of Superman comes to the service.
  2. On January 1, Green Lantern: The Animated Series
  3. On January 1, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
  4. On January 1, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
  5. On January 4, Young Justice: Outsiders (DCU Original)
  6. On January 8, All-Star Superman
  7. On January 15, Superman vs The Elite
  8. On January 22, Superman Unbound
  9. On January 29, Reign of the Supermen

Frontier

Staff member
Looks like GL: TAS will be hitting in January.

^thanks to @RoyalRubble for update

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
GL:TAS felt like a pretty big omission on the service, so I'm glad to see it's on its way :).

I have to imagine Beware the Batman isn't too far behind...
Yep, January 1. I guess James forgot to post the press release in this thread, too, so I copied his post from the movie news thread to here.

The press release's listing for animation coming to the service this month and next are:
  1. On December 28, The New Adventures of Batman and The New Adventures of Superman comes to the service.
  2. On January 1, Green Lantern: The Animated Series
  3. On January 1, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
  4. On January 1, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
  5. On January 4, Young Justice: Outsiders (DCU Original)
  6. On January 8, All-Star Superman
  7. On January 15, Superman vs The Elite
  8. On January 22, Superman Unbound
  9. On January 29, Reign of the Supermen
So basically Superman month in the lead up to Reign of the Supermen ;)

Magmaster12

That's me
Staff member
Reporter
I think it would be awesome if DC Universe gave an audio commentary option to their films. For the ones like Burtonverse Batman films they could just rip from the DVD/Bluray releases.
Streaming companies aren't on board with doing that, seems like they want an excuse for you to buy a physical copy.

the greenman

I already made some requests to DCU. I hope they're able to get them. I'm not sure about the rights for Arrowverse being CW. I really hope they get the original Milestone books. I have them, but too lazy and busy to pull them all out.

Frontier

Staff member
I asked if there were plans to do a spin-off streaming service that promotes new programs for younger audiences; they said they currently have no plans but they'll keep it in mind.
Well, with the Warner Bros. Streaming Service aiming for all ages content and possibly having DC Original content...I think that could be what you're looking for ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
There will be a panel at WonderCon on Friday March 29th between 5:30pm - 6:30pm.
DC fans, this is your Universe! Get an in-depth look at the brand new and ground-breaking digital subscription service designed just for fans: DC Universe. Get the latest updates on original live-action and animated series Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, and Young Justice: Outsiders, as well as a deep dive on the incredible lineup of legendary DC films, epic animated movies, comic books, exclusive merchandise and more.

Frontier

Staff member
So should we expect any big announcements like season renewals, or just expect news on what's already announced and wait until SDCC for the big stuff?
I think it would probably be as good a time as any to announce renewals, especially since it's probably a question that would come up in the Q&A ;).

Might even debut some Swamp Thing footage :cool:.

Batboy84

Might even debut some Swamp Thing footage :cool:.
If we're lucky. This is the same company that waited till the day before Doom Patrol premiered to release the first actual piece of footage from the show itself, not counting promos. Though to be fair, this is like the one live action show to be produced by a different production studio than the other live action shows on DC Universe, so who knows? Then again, James Wan waited until like 6 months before Aquaman's release to reveal the first trailer because he wanted it to look just right...
Man, less than a day here and I'm already bringing the mood down. lol
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that we'll get new Doom Patrol footage, new YJ footage (hopefully), a first look at Swamp Thing and Stargirl in their respective shows, renewals for YJ and Doom Patrol if they really want to get people talking (not to mention sending the message that DC Universe is here to stay), and maybe 1 new original. Fingers crossed for an animated show that isn't automatically geared towards the adult.
Man I'm just talking up a storm. lol Please, by all means tell me if I'm talking too much. Last thing I want is to dominate the conversation.

Frontier

Staff member
If there's no issues, could WB bring in another season of Justice League Action ?
It's anyone's guess right now, but at the moment I don't think a JLA revival is something they're immediatley looking into for DC Universe, both because of the intended audience and because JLA isn't even on DC Universe at the moment.

the greenman

It's anyone's guess right now, but at the moment I don't think a JLA revival is something they're immediatley looking into for DC Universe, both because of the intended audience and because JLA isn't even on DC Universe at the moment.
Well, I understand that. I'm more wondering if CW or CN has a hold on it.

DCUniverse free for select episodes until 3-23-19

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Why can't Cartoon Network air shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa and Clarence instead of Toddler Tightwads No!?

I like her response as to why she chooses Grover.
If you're a writer and a showrunner of a stale show for almost two decades and you disregard an episode you already wrote back in the 90s because of some controversial documentary, I cannot take you seriously anymore.
Asa
Was it ever confirmed that CN will host their 2019-2020 upfront this year?
I would love to see a Loud House spinoff comic starring the Loud Family as Ace Savvy and The Full House Gang. Heck, might as well give all the other Loud House characters card-themed superhero/supervillain identities.