"DC TV Universe" News & Discussion Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I think that because the pandemic pushed its season start to spring, Legends of Tomorrow's new season will only have 10-13 episodes.

Anyone have any idea how many episodes will be in each season of the other DC shows on the CW?

EDIT:

Another idea I had for an Arrowverse show was one featuring Batman and Robin, set as a prequel to Batwoman.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Critics Choice released nominations
-Best Superhero Series: Legends of Tomorrow, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Lucifer.
-Best Actor in a Superhero Series: Jon Cryer, Tom Ellis, Grant Gustin, Cress Williams.
-Best Actress in a Superhero Series: Melissa Benoist, Diane Guerrero
-Best Villain in a Series: Tom Ellis
Congrats to the productions and the stars :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Deadline reports David Ramsey will return as John Diggle, as well as play a new character on Legends of Tomorrow and direct episodes from other "Arrowverse" shows.
David Ramsey (aka John Diggle) will be busy both behind and in front of the camera for the CW. Ramsey, who most recently starred in Arrow as John Diggle/Spartan will return to direct five episodes in the DC Universe, including the new series Superman & Lois, and Supergirl. Additionally, Ramsey will guest star in five episodes across the Arrowverse, returning as fan favorite John Diggle in Superman & Lois, Supergirl, The Flash and Batwoman, along with a mystery role in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, which is being kept under wraps.

Frontier

Staff member
Deadline reports David Ramsey will return as John Diggle, as well as play a new character on Legends of Tomorrow and direct episodes from other "Arrowverse" shows.
I was worried we wouldn't be seeing Diggle again anytime soon, so this is nice to hear :).

I wonder if the "mystery role" in Legends is him as Green Lantern? They kind of have to address it in at least one of his appearances, I would assume, and this season of Legends is centered around space/aliens to some extent...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I was worried we wouldn't be seeing Diggle again anytime soon, so this is nice to hear :).

I wonder if the "mystery role" in Legends is him as Green Lantern? They kind of have to address it in at least one of his appearances, I would assume, and this season of Legends is centered around space/aliens to some extent...
I figured he would be at least showing up on Superman & Lois because of the family moving. But this is excellent news. I mean, it's gotta be GL. Maybe another possibility is the Legends have to go forward in time and meet a future Diggle? Wait, when was the last time they even went to the future?

Frontier

Staff member
I figured he would be at least showing up on Superman & Lois because of the family moving. But this is excellent news. I mean, it's gotta be GL. Maybe another possibility is the Legends have to go forward in time and meet a future Diggle? Wait, when was the last time they even went to the future?
To get Zari in season 3?

Heeroyuy_Batman

He could be playing Parallax, instead of GL.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Superman & Lois premiere will be 90 minutes long (still on February 23, but at 8 PM ET/PT), followed by a half-hour special, Superman & Lois: Legacy of Hope.
The special, Superman & Lois: Legacy of Hope, will feature sneak peeks and interviews with cast of the new series, as well as special guests discussing the legacy of the Man of Steel.

Season 7 of The Flash will now premiere on March 2, at 9 PM ET/PT.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Though we are seeing the ends of Black Lightning and Supergirl this year, this certainly will not be the end for other DCTV properties because those series have all been renewed.

Yeah we are getting at least another season of Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash which IMHO means that Black Lightning and Supergirl's endings were more planned out to finish around this time. Probably not as much as Arrow's but I doubt those other shows were just cancelled. Especially as that would imply a ratings thing and yeah Legends of Tomorrow though a strong cult hit was never the ratings darling of the network and Batwoman isn't doing well in the ratings so yeah going with a "those shows wanted to wrap up while these want to continue."

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
While Stargirl and Superman and Lois haven't been renewed yet, though that's because they haven't been began airing their respective seasons yet, especially the latter, which got a two-episode extension for its first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts