"DC TV Universe" News & Discussion Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Minor but I thought this was kind of cool - Nicole Maines will write a Nia Nal story for an upcoming DC Pride anthology comic. Camrus Johnson will also write a Luke Fox story for Batman: Legends Urban, but that seems to be separate from the "Arrowverse" version of the character.
That's cool to see! I mean, comic Luke is pretty different from show Luke, but still cool :).

Also neat to see Dreamer in the comics, where she might end up meeting future Dream Girl ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
05/19:
Kind of a minor point, there will be a “CW’s LGBTQ Superhero Panel” on June 5 featuring Javicia Leslie, Chyler Leigh and Nicole Maines.

05/25:
Fall 2021 trailer for the CW.

DC CW shows dates announced so far, for the 2021-2022 season:

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00PM THE FLASH

The Flash will start the new season this fall with special, five-episode events on Tuesdays.

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00PM DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
9:00-10:00PM BATWOMAN

06/15:
Actual premiere dates were announced.

Wednesday, October 13

8-9 p.m. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Season 7 premiere)
9-10 p.m. Batwoman (Season 3 premiere)

Tuesday, November 16

8-9 p.m. The Flash (Season 8 premiere)

08/25: Some details about the 5-part cross-over arc that starts season 8.
Set to begin November 16 at 8 p.m. ET, “Armageddon” will feature numerous guest appearances from some of the CW’s most notable heroes and villains. Set to join The Flash team are Javicia Leslie as Batwoman, Brandon Routh as The Atom, Cress Williams as Black Lightning, Chyler Leigh as Sentinel, Kat McNamara as Mia Queen and Osric Chau as Ryan Choi. Tom Cavanagh and Neal McDonough will return as enemies Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash and Damien Darhk, respectively.
In “Armageddon,” a powerful alien threat arrives on Earth under mysterious circumstances and Barry (Grant Gustin), Iris (Candice Patton) and the rest of Team Flash are pushed to their limits in a desperate battle to save the world. But with time running out, and the fate of humanity at stake, Flash and his companions will also need to enlist the help of some old friends if the forces of good are to prevail.

Last edited by a moderator:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Will the crossover include episodes of the other DC shows? We didn't have something like that last season for obvious reasons.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Will the crossover include episodes of the other DC shows? We didn't have something like that last season for obvious reasons.
For now, it's just the first 5 episodes of The Flash season 8. It's possible others will but that is to be determined, an episode in each will have a minor set up for the crossover as Batwoman and Legends will have already aired a few episodes of their new seasons by November 16, or if there will be fallout in episodes afterwards.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
We sorta had it last season with Diggle showing up in one episode per each show as in Batwoman, The Flash and most recently, Superman and Lois and he is set to appear in an upcoming episode of Supergirl and his actor played Bass Reeves in a recent episode of Legends of Tomorrow.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
David Ramsey's John Diggle is set to star in "Justice U," a new series in production for the CW.

In the new series, which is set in the Arrowverse, after years of fighting alongside masked heroes, Diggle embarks on a new mission to recruit five young meta humans to live undercover as freshmen at a prestigious university. There he will oversee their education and train them to become the heroes of tomorrow.

In addition to starring in the series, if it is picked up to pilot, Ramsey, who has directed a number of Arrowverse episodes, will helm the pilot.

Mod Note: Thread started here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts