"DC Super Hero Girls" (TV Series) Digital Comic Book Talkback (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Use this thread to discuss the new digital first comic book series featuring the new versions of the DC Super Hero Girls! New chapters will be released weekly.

dcsuperherogirlsTVartmay212018.jpg

Synopsis: The world may know them as Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl, but not-so-typical teenagers Diana, Kara and Barbara, alongside their Super Hero friends have much more to deal with than just protecting the citizens of Metropolis from some of the most sinister school-aged Super-Villains of the DC Universe. After all, being teens is tough enough, what with school, friends, family and the chaos that comes with managing a social life. But add super powers and a secret identity to the mix, and things can get a lot more complicated.

Chapter #1 of DC Super Hero Girls: Weird Science is now available.
Metropolis High has a special guest judge for this year's science fair! The DC Super Hero Girls are excited to compete, except for Zatanna. Can she give up magic long enough to make her science project a winner?
Written by: Amanda Deibert
Pencils, Inks & Cover by: Yancey Labat
Price: $0.99
22 Pages

Comments?

Related links:
"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)
"DC Super Hero Girls" Comic Book Talkback (Spoiler)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Chapter #2 of DC Super Hero Girls: Weird Science is now available.
Bumblebee has invited Zatanna to help with her project, trying to inspire her friend to love science the way she does. And at least the fashionable Zee gets to try out a new magical disguise!
Pencils & Inks by: Agnes Garbowska
28 Pages

Comments?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Chapter #3 of DC Super Hero Girls: Weird Science is now available.
Hiding in a beehive is no laughing matter when pollen makes you sneeze! Will Zatanna's allergies spell the end of Bumblebee's science fair project?
Pencils & Colors by: Erich Owen
Cover by: Yancey Labat
26 Pages

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, so looks to be 2 chapters per girl then I guess the big ending 2 parter with everyone together and the winner of the fair.

Labat and Garbowska did great art but Owens really went above and beyond, imo. But all 3 really captured the look of the series.

Zatanna turning herself into a queen bee was totally in-character. lol.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Chapter #4 of DC Super Hero Girls: Weird Science is now available.
Supergirl left Smallville to live with the Danvers family in Metropolis, but the science fair has inspired her to visit the farm and help the Kents. Zatanna's coming along to help, but she's never even seen a tractor before.
Pencils & Inks by: Yancey Labat
Colors by: Carrie Strachan
23 Pages

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interesting choice to only show Ma Kent's hands and the rest of her was off panel.

Kara's incident comes up again, as alluded in the pilot episode. Guess she got a little rambunctious at Smallville High but I'm starting to wonder about her claim she was framed.

And Zee's magic strikes again, heh.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Starting to see Zatanna getting down on herself as she teleported back to Metropolis... but seems like someone is stealing from the girls. Could be any one of the villain girls. Could be a a red herring with them mentioning Ivy. Hmm.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Chapter #6 of DC Super Hero Girls: Weird Science is now available.
Diana Prince has a wonderful idea for her project—exploring the physics of self defense for new friend Steve Trevor! Zatanna's still looking for inspiration, so she joins their first session to document (and take selfies).

Pencils & Inks by: Marcelo Di Chiara
23 Pages

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They have a Shazam! movie in-universe too? Neat. Cycling through some comic book era costumes. Cool.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Chapter #7 of DC Super Hero Girls: Weird Science is now available.
Steve Trevor finds "the new Diana" a little confusing, and leaves without completing the training. Could it be that Zatanna is the problem with ALL of the science fair projects?

Pencils & Inks by: Marcelo Di Chiara
Colors by: Wendy Broome
23 Pages

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
ha ha, poor Steve. Though the solar panels thing is next, Barbara's Sparrow sounds mighty interesting.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Chapter #8 of DC Super Hero Girls: Weird Science is now available.
Jessica's willing to work with Zee—installing solar panels on the school roof is a big project. But what happens if there's a cloud so big, there's no sunshine at all?

Pencils, Inks & Colors by: Erich Owen
23 Pages

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A big purple cloud. Hmm. I'm inclined to think Weather Wizard, Major Disaster, or even Circe but maybe it's really Dr. Sieve all along.

Batgirl made her own Bat-signal? heh.

Green Lantern repeating how important it is to spay and neuter cats was pretty funny given their situation against Catwoman and all those strays.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That was a nice bonus to get a first look at Robin and Batman though the latter was just in silhouette. And a direct mention of Joker. They totally nerded up Robin's design though, lol.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, may need some work with the voice commands.

Starting to question if it's really a coincidence Dr. Sieve keeps bumping into them...

3 more issues to go already, guess we're heading into the big reveal if a villain is involved or not and who wins the science fair.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts