"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudley

Staff member
So we finally got to see Bumbleebee and she is the Fluttershy of the group, a Shrinking Violet, if you will.
Say what you want about the personality of Karen here, but it’s better than her non-existent one in the previous series, plus it’s always great to see a black female character who isn’t sassy.

Troy Troodon

I heard of DC's return to dubbing anime and Japanese games, and I'm glad all the same he's taking time for original animation as well.

Hope Sam gets a couple roles on the show as well.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's pretty awesome to see the VA's for all the main girls recording together :D.

They even kept the female Trinity next to each other ;).
If this tweet from Lauren is any indication, then group recording sessions seem to be rare for this series. Then again, considering three of Sam Riegel's Disney projects, its not too much of a surprise.

Frontier

Staff member
The TV series premieres on Cartoon Network on Friday, March 8th at 6pm ET/PT with an 1-hour long special titled "Sweet Justice".
March 8th? That's definitely sooner then I was expecting. Awesome to hear though :D.

The trailer was great. Points of note:

- Is that Lois Lane on the tv-screen at the beginning :)?

- Cool to see all the villain girls together. That scene of the two groups charging out of each other seemed straight out of Super Friends :cool:.

- Sounds like Jason Spisak is Hal Jordan ;).

- Wonder Woman vs. a transformed Cheetah :evil:.

- Random Flash cameo is random. Also, that's probably the deepest Flash voice I have ever heard :confused:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I just realized March 8 is International Women's Day. Well, that's fitting .

Also, I looked at the end credits for today's episode . The theme song is done by Kay Hanley, Michelle Lewis, and Don Petty, who also do the theme songs for Doc McStuffins, The Loud House , Harvey Street Kids, and Muppet Babies 2018.

Dudley

Staff member
Show looks like it’ll be fun! I wasn’t expecting it so soon! I don’t know if they started promoting it on TV yet, but I’m gonna check out the episodes as soon as they’re available onDemand!

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Frontier

Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts