"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
This is gonna be a really fun show and lord do I hope CN treats it right like they do TTG and did Unikitty those first 4-6 months it was on and give it a decent time-slot for premiers! Heck even airing after TDR on Saturday's would be fine as long as it doesn't get the 6/5 A.M. death slot!

Frontier

Staff member
This is gonna be a really fun show and lord do I hope CN treats it right like they do TTG and did Unikitty those first 4-6 months it was on and give it a decent time-slot for premiers! Heck even airing after TDR on Saturday's would be fine as long as it doesn't get the 6/5 A.M. death slot!
Aside from TTG! this is going to be the only kids-oriented DC Superhero cartoon airing on TV for the foreseeable future.

I really hope they treat it well :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
Now that you mention it. The short hair and more buff physique?
Yeah.

Usually the clear way of distinguishing Supergirl and Power Girl is making Power Girl older, give her shorter hair, and depicting her as "tougher" then Supergirl (at least in attitude).

I wonder if that was intentional on the creators part...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Honestly, I never thought of the Power Girl connection either. I only felt like her hair-do here resembled Captain Marvel's from the current Marvel toons. :p

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This tweet below made me think that Cartoon Network most likely won't treat the show well given the poor treatment of action shows based on established properties they don't directly own (Justice League Action, Sonic Boom, and Transformers Cyberverse, etcetera). With this in my mind, I have an idea. Since the show will follow an 11 minute format, they could probably upload the episodes to the DC Superhero Girls YouTube channel the day after they air on television. I mean, they've been doing it with Transformers Cyberverse by uploading episodes to the Hasbro YouTube channel. For DCSHG, they took the multi part episodes of seasons 3 and 4 of the main series, and reuploaded them into singular stories. Plus, said channel had no problem uploading the 22 minute Lego Galactic special. This is a plausible idea at least .

Dudley

Staff member
SCSHG will be the first new WBA cartoon to air on CN after the WarnerMedia merger. Maybe some form of corporate synergy will take place that will allow CN to push it more?
IIRC, networks do make a percentage off merch, and since the show is tied to a successful toy line (and they might make money from the books since I heard that does really well), maybe that’s more incentive to promote it better.
Also, it might go through what Total DramaRama did: do well on the app, which will get better promotion on TV.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

"The Late Batsby " will make its YouTube debut today followed by a new short series next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudley

Staff member
So we’re getting shorts and a full series? That seems to be the norm this day and age. I really hope the full series does well. This team of DCSHG reminds me of the Mane 6 of MLP, and makes me think this is Faust’s attempt to make that version of MLP that she truly wanted.

Eldorado

If The Late Batsby is anything then these new shorts will be nothing more then just extended and rebranded versions of the Super Best Friends Forever shorts.

BTW, I looked this morning to see if anyone had posted this Instagram post from Phil LaMarr but since no one did I may as well do it myself.

I have a strong feeling he was doing a guest voice for an upcoming episode of this show.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Maybe he's reprising one of his roles from the franchise, like Will Magnus or Lucuis Fox or Killer Moth.

Frontier

Staff member
If The Late Batsby is anything then these new shorts will be nothing more then just extended and rebranded versions of the Super Best Friends Forever shorts.
Not that that's necessarily a bad thing ;).
Maybe he's reprising one of his roles from the franchise, like Will Magnus or Lucuis Fox or Killer Moth.
I'd be more willing to bet he's playing someone new, but he also seems to imply Jason Spisak is playing The Flash (unless he's just being cute because of one of Spisak's most notable roles)...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So, we know that Grey is Wonder Woman, Tara is Batgirl, Nicole is Supergirl, and Kari is Zatanna. For Jessica Cruz, they'd probably get Cristina Milizia to reprise the role, while Bumblebee could be still be Teala Dunn, though I also think Massasa Moyo could voice her given that she's done so on Young Justice and the Judas Contract movie.

Frontier

Staff member
So, we know that Grey is Wonder Woman, Tara is Batgirl, Nicole is Supergirl, and Kari is Zatanna. For Jessica Cruz, they'd probably get Cristina Milizia to reprise the role, while Bumblebee could be still be Teala Dunn, though I also think Massasa Moyo could voice her given that she's done so on Young Justice and the Judas Contract movie.
If Kimberly Brooks is attached to the project, I think she's probably Bumblebee :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts