"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Correct. I mean this will be pretty much the first time Tara will voice both Batgirl & Harley. And the fact Grey will be voicing a Biff Giganta, oh man. That's gonna be insane.
I can imagine a scenario where Wonder Woman is fighting Giganta, with Lois Lane reporting on the incident.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
August 23rd:
It was announced before David Perez is the lead character designer. I presume Kat Hudson is just one of the designers.
Thanks for the clarity.

August 27th:
Here's something I just thought of. Since Wonder Woman is given a Greek accent in this series, could Zatanna have a British accent here? I know Kari Wahlgren can pull off the accent (such as when she voiced Wendell's mother on Sofia The First). Plus, her having purple hair and more of a showoff personality will make her even more like the British accented Rarity (given that Lauren has used the MLP character archetypes not just here, but also on Super Best Friends Forever, and even her Milky Way And The Galaxy Girls short).

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudley

Staff member
I was just thinking of how CN treats most WBA shows poorly, so I hope CN will make the show easily accessible onDemand, on the app, and the website, and remind viewers they can watch it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I was just thinking of how CN treats most WBA shows poorly, so I hope CN will make the show easily accessible onDemand, on the app, and the website, and remind viewers they can watch it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering the last few Justice League Action episodes went up on demand months before their tv debut, it should at least be taken care of on that front for this series.

TargetmasterJoe

Okay, a lot to take in, but:

Although I'm not sure how Zatanna will have a secret identity when her Superhero codename is also her real name :confused:.

Maybe it's going to be like her civilian name will be Zanna (which was a nickname from Batman: TAS if I'm not mistaken) and here superhero name is Zatanna.

If Star Sapphire is the "crazy ex-girlfriend," I wonder if that means the male Green Lantern will be Hal, or he'll at least show up :D?

Aww. It might be inevitable, but I hope it isn't Carol Ferris. She was pretty fun in Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

Although it's kind of weird to see her in her classic look when the other art shows her in her movie costume :sweat:.

Pretty sure Diana's movie costume didn't have shoulder straps or shoulder pads...

Actually, not to diss the hard work, but the designs they showed at SDCC kind of clashed with the ones we've been beforehand. Were the SDCC designs by Faust by any chance?

It's going to be especially noticeable if Grey Griffin uses the accent she used for Donna for her Diana here.

To be fair, Diana did have a pretty exotic accent in her movie, so maybe it won't be too bad.

Overall, I wasn't into the initial takes of DCSHG, but if this one has Lauren Faust's involvement, then I'm on this one like ketchup on a burger! :D

Frontier

Staff member
Maybe it's going to be like her civilian name will be Zanna (which was a nickname from Batman: TAS if I'm not mistaken) and here superhero name is Zatanna.
Or Zee (her more traditional nickname) ;).
Aww. It might be inevitable, but I hope it isn't Carol Ferris. She was pretty fun in Green Lantern: The Animated Series.
Considering the costume and character design, I'm pretty sure it's meant to be Carol :ack:.
Actually, not to diss the hard work, but the designs they showed at SDCC kind of clashed with the ones we've been beforehand. Were the SDCC designs by Faust by any chance?
I'm guessing they were the "first-try" or "proof of concept" character designs rather then the final ones, although most of them look the same as the final designs.
To be fair, Diana did have a pretty exotic accent in her movie, so maybe it won't be too bad.
I definitely think that's what they're leaning into for this interpretation :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Just in case this gets a take-down notice, as it's not through CN officially as far as I could tell, here's the grab - basically Barb bear hugs everyone, yelling "Here we come!"
dcshg2019sizzlereel.jpg

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Just in case this gets a take-down notice, as it's not through CN officially as far as I could tell, here's the grab - basically Barb bear hugs everyone, yelling "Here we come!"
View attachment 217462
That looks like something you see out of Sailor Moon. Sink this in for a bit for this scene.

Batgirl - Moon
Bumblebee - Mercury
Zatanna - Mars
Supergirl - Jupiter
Jessica Cruz - Venus
Wonder Woman - Uranus

I pretty much now unsee this after Batgirl hugs them all.

Frontier

Staff member
View attachment 217462
And Wonder Woman is already in full-costume :p.

(I guess without Big Barda Wonder Woman is now indisputably the tallest).

Zatanna has magic hair apparently in both her civilian and Superhero identities ;).

I just realized this version of Supergirl looks a lot like Power Girl.

Kind of interesting that Bumblebee seems to be reacting more like Jessica traditionally would...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts