"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
As reminder per the rules here, don't post full images and stick to thumbnails. Also, as a common courtesy to others, also post the links to articles, tweets, and the like.

So we’re getting shorts and a full series? That seems to be the norm this day and age. I really hope the full series does well. This team of DCSHG reminds me of the Mane 6 of MLP, and makes me think this is Faust’s attempt to make that version of MLP that she truly wanted.
Yes, the logline on the Late Babsy's page on YouTube indicates there will be a shorts series titled DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts and it formally begins next week Thursday, January 17.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I wonder how long after these webisodes the full series premieres. I would guess sometime in spring, but who can tell for sure anymore. Anyway, should be fun.

Frontier

Staff member
Lauren says that they’re finishing the first episode this week and that the premiere date should be announced in the next few months.
I wonder if that means they worked on all the Super Shorts first or they're just taking as much time as they need to make sure all the TV episodes are up to snuff...

Troy Troodon

I heard of DC's return to dubbing anime and Japanese games, and I'm glad all the same he's taking time for original animation as well.

Hope Sam gets a couple roles on the show as well.

SweetShop209

It's pretty awesome to see the VA's for all the main girls recording together :D.

They even kept the female Trinity next to each other ;).
If this tweet from Lauren is any indication, then group recording sessions seem to be rare for this series. Then again, considering three of Sam Riegel's Disney projects, its not too much of a surprise.

Frontier

Staff member
The TV series premieres on Cartoon Network on Friday, March 8th at 6pm ET/PT with an 1-hour long special titled "Sweet Justice".
March 8th? That's definitely sooner then I was expecting. Awesome to hear though :D.

The trailer was great. Points of note:

- Is that Lois Lane on the tv-screen at the beginning :)?

- Cool to see all the villain girls together. That scene of the two groups charging out of each other seemed straight out of Super Friends :cool:.

- Sounds like Jason Spisak is Hal Jordan ;).

- Wonder Woman vs. a transformed Cheetah :evil:.

- Random Flash cameo is random. Also, that's probably the deepest Flash voice I have ever heard :confused:.

SweetShop209

I just realized March 8 is International Women's Day. Well, that's fitting .

Also, I looked at the end credits for today's episode . The theme song is done by Kay Hanley, Michelle Lewis, and Don Petty, who also do the theme songs for Doc McStuffins, The Loud House , Harvey Street Kids, and Muppet Babies 2018.

Dudley

Staff member
Show looks like it’ll be fun! I wasn’t expecting it so soon! I don’t know if they started promoting it on TV yet, but I’m gonna check out the episodes as soon as they’re available onDemand!

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

For some reason, the JP version of TLH kept Lily's English voice....but changed the pet's. Isn't that ironic.
Is anyone having any issues..? How come Nickelodeon and Nickelodeon Pacific shows is showing zooming in 4:3 instead of HD? But promos show in HD. This just has happened today Nick@Nite at 6AM and with Nick shows though
Somehow YouTube knew I have started watching Korra, and has decided to spoil the ending in a thumbnail...
I heard that KTV shut down. I used to have that channel on DISH Network.
One of the lesser-known American kids channels, KTV, shut down on January 31.