"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
As reminder per the rules here, don't post full images and stick to thumbnails. Also, as a common courtesy to others, also post the links to articles, tweets, and the like.

So we’re getting shorts and a full series? That seems to be the norm this day and age. I really hope the full series does well. This team of DCSHG reminds me of the Mane 6 of MLP, and makes me think this is Faust’s attempt to make that version of MLP that she truly wanted.
Yes, the logline on the Late Babsy's page on YouTube indicates there will be a shorts series titled DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts and it formally begins next week Thursday, January 17.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I wonder how long after these webisodes the full series premieres. I would guess sometime in spring, but who can tell for sure anymore. Anyway, should be fun.

Frontier

Staff member

This was earlier than expected.

Get To Know: Batgirl | DC Super Hero Girls
Meet Barbara Gordon, A.K.A: Batgirl. She's just moved to Metropolis from Gotham City with her father and is finding it tough to be the new girl in school.
Cool! I wonder if they'll do this for every girl after a Super Short spotlights them :)?

Looks like we get to hear and see a bit of the theme song at the beginning there. Definitely sounds like a pretty pumpin' "girl power" song, just like "Get Your Cape On" :D.

So everything is still set in Metropolis I see :p.

It's fun seeing them empathize Babs being a Batman fangirl here :cool:.

"Sweet Justice" looks like a more Starbucks-esque Capes and Cowls Cafe. Does Steve Trevor still work there ;)?

I wonder if Tara is going to change her Harley voice at all, because her more high-pitched, cutesy, voice for Barbara here is more like her Harley voice...although I guess there's the accent for distinction :sweat:.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I wonder if Tara is going to change her Harley voice at all, because her more high-pitched, cutesy, voice for Barbara here is more like her Harley voice...although I guess there's the accent for distinction :sweat:.
She could probably go for a lower register for Harley, much like that Batman short from Justice League : Gods And Monsters Chronicles . Though given the different target audiences for both projects, she'll probably still play her in a clowny manner and not a psycho killer.

Troy Troodon

I'd personally prefer another either Grey Griffin or Kari Wahlgren playing Harley instead; or even a whole other actress and not just one of cast for the main six (Did I just say that?!) doing double duty.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'd personally prefer another either Grey Griffin or Kari Wahlgren playing Harley instead; or even a whole other actress and not just one of cast for the main six (Did I just say that?!) doing double duty.
Not to put a damper on things, but it seems like when it comes to any recent kid friendly series , Tara is the go to voice for Harley. Besides, in the other DCSHG projects, Grey DeLisle Griffin did double duty with Wonder Woman and Giganta , with her doing Lois in the Lego Brain Drain movie, and I don't hear complaints there .

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts "Get To Know Batgirl"

I don't like Tara Strong's take on Batgirl. For the record, I hate her take on Unikitty too.

It's interesting the cadence of the show title is pronounced differently than the Fontana series. There "Girls" is accentuated, while here "Hero" is.

I'll probably like the series when Batgirl isn't talking. ***.

Frontier

Staff member
Now it's Diana's turn. Someone keep her away from the desserts.

So I guess Babs will be doing all the "Get to Know" videos too :p.

Is that blonde girl in the ponytail giving Wonder Woman the stink eye a pre-transformation Cheetah? I only ask because of that fur coat she's wearing in one scene and, if you squint, you can see her test says "Barb" as in Barbara Minerva :evil:.

So their actual team name is "DC Superhero Girls?" I wonder how they come up with the "DC" :sweat:?

Eldorado

Is that blonde girl in the ponytail giving Wonder Woman the stink eye a pre-transformation Cheetah? I only ask because of that fur coat she's wearing in one scene and, if you squint, you can see her test says "Barb" as in Barbara Minerva :evil:.

You might be right. I got her confused for Giganta at first but yeah that makes WAY MORE SENSE.

You know, I always imagined Diana to be TERRIBLE at schoolwork seeing how she's knows next to NOTHING about the world of man.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So their actual team name is "DC Superhero Girls?" I wonder how they come up with the "DC" :sweat:?
Maybe just in Barbara's head. Remember SBFF didn't go down well? :p Then again, these videos are just primers, not episodes or set in universe.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Get To Know Wonder Woman"

I have literally only seen this show's Wonder Woman via a minute and a half clip, and I already love her more than I ever did the other show's Diana. She's arch, severe, and real character. That will make the funny stuff (such as with the cake) land better. The worst thing the Shea Fontana series did was treat Diana as the high school prom queen. That ain't Diana's jam and never was. I expect good things from both this show and this character. *.

Frontier

Staff member
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Get To Know Wonder Woman"

I have literally only seen this show's Wonder Woman via a minute and a half clip, and I already love her more than I ever did the other show's Diana. She's arch, severe, and real character. That will make the funny stuff (such as with the cake) land better. The worst thing the Shea Fontana series did was treat Diana as the high school prom queen. That ain't Diana's jam and never was. I expect good things from both this show and this character. *.
I don't know if I'd go for prom queen (compared to Star Sapphire). She was really more of a go-getter, overachiever :sweat:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I didn't mean she was a LITERAL prom queen. But her personality type was typical of those kinds of characters. She was way more Barbie Dream House than Princess Diana warrior goddess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts