"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
On a whim, I starting looking at foreign network pages in the UK and Australia. On Australia's Foxtel, there's a new episode coming up this weekend and it's a Diana episode with not so subtle nod in the title.

"#FantasticBeastsandHowToMindThem"
This reminds me of the Vampirina episode "Baby Dragon", which also involves a young hatchling. This should be fun.

I'm disappointed it's not Jumpa :p.
I remembered Jumpa from the 2015 series, though I don't know if she was created for that, or is from the comics.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Titles and log-lines for September.

Sept. 20

4 p.m. DC Super Hero Girls “#HousePest”
— When the Super Hero Girls discover that Diana doesn’t actually have a home, they gladly open theirs up to her… until they discover that life with an Amazon is much more challenging than they expected.

DC Super Hero Girls “#ItsComplicated” — When Hal Jordan sees Carol Ferris with a new boyfriend, his ego can’t handle the rejection, resulting in the most absurd Lantern battle ever.

Sept. 27

4 p.m. DC Super Hero Girls “#TheBirdAndTheBee”
— Meek little Karen Beecher is intimidated by big broody Carter Hall until she discovers Hawkman’s tragically romantic destiny and vows to use her vast knowledge of cheesy teen movies to help him reunite with his beloved.

DC Super Hero Girls “#FantasticBeastsAndHowToMindThem” — Diana Prince receives a care package from home, and her pet-raising skills are soon put to the test when a mysterious egg hatches into a baby griffin.

Sept. 28

6:45 p.m. DC Super Hero Girls “#AwesomeAuntAntiope”
— Diana always preferred her “fun aunt” Antiope to her strict mother, but when Antiope visits Metropolis and takes the girls out on the town, Diana sees her aunt’s antics in a whole new light.

Frontier

Staff member
4 p.m. DC Super Hero Girls “#HousePest” — When the Super Hero Girls discover that Diana doesn’t actually have a home, they gladly open theirs up to her… until they discover that life with an Amazon is much more challenging than they expected.
Ah, finally addressing the Diana living situation, in a fun way ;).
DC Super Hero Girls “#ItsComplicated” — When Hal Jordan sees Carol Ferris with a new boyfriend, his ego can’t handle the rejection, resulting in the most absurd Lantern battle ever.
I'm guessing Carol is using a fake boyfriend to try and make Hal jealous...although I wonder if it'll be a recognizable character :confused:.
4 p.m. DC Super Hero Girls “#TheBirdAndTheBee” — Meek little Karen Beecher is intimidated by big broody Carter Hall until she discovers Hawkman’s tragically romantic destiny and vows to use her vast knowledge of cheesy teen movies to help him reunite with his beloved.
A Bumblebee and Hawkman episode? That might even include Hawkgirl? Sounds like it could be pretty neat :anime:.
DC Super Hero Girls “#FantasticBeastsAndHowToMindThem” — Diana Prince receives a care package from home, and her pet-raising skills are soon put to the test when a mysterious egg hatches into a baby griffin.
I'm disappointed it's not a Kanga :p.
6:45 p.m. DC Super Hero Girls “#AwesomeAuntAntiope” — Diana always preferred her “fun aunt” Antiope to her strict mother, but when Antiope visits Metropolis and takes the girls out on the town, Diana sees her aunt’s antics in a whole new light.
They've released enough clips for this episode that it should be nice to finally get to see it :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ah, finally addressing the Diana living situation, in a fun way ;).
I liked the ending. Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks.

I'm guessing Carol is using a fake boyfriend to try and make Hal jealous...although I wonder if it'll be a recognizable character :confused:.
Yeah, wonder if could be a new character that's a name DC like Guy Gardner. lol. Or Kyle Rayner. Or if they doing a deep dive, Jason Belmore.

That might even include Hawkgirl? Sounds like it could be pretty neat :anime:.
Faust has commented on Hawkgirl before.

They've released enough clips for this episode that it should be nice to finally get to see it :).
This is another really good Diana episode, imo. This one delves into her back story.

It's a bit strange how that last one is airing on a Monday night.
Eh, beggars can't be choosers, I guess. Hope this implies the last 3 of season 1 airs in October.

Come to think of it, it is odd that a Season 1 Part 1 DVD set hasn't released by now.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think Guy Gardner could be pretty hilarious on the show with this plot, if he ends up being Carol's new boyfriend. Maybe even Alan Scott, who could help make the Lantern battle more absurd. :p

The new episodes sound good to me, and it's kind of funny how the majority in this batch seem to be focused on Diana. Especially when the first one was online legally months ago yet it never aired on TV, and the last one has been pretty much spoiled by preview clips released so far.

Funkatron

Are both parts of the recent 2 parter available on VOD? All of the digital services (Google Play, Amazon, iTunes) seem to only have part 1

Otaku-sempai

Frontier

Staff member
That's neat :).
So I was right about it being Batman :p.

Ah well, it's nice to finally see him and I like the classic look here with the yellow oval. I'm worried he'll just come off like the other male heroes and Babs will grow disillusioned with him, but it seems like he's more indifferent or focused purely on the mission than caring about either Batgirl or Robin. Hard to tel when he just mumbles :sweat:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I read a theory online that, as Bruce Wayne, he plays up the whole rich billionaire playboy aspect where he's very talkative. As Batman, he does the opposite, and plays up the dark, brooding aspect so that he says almost completely nothing.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A true appearance by Batman in season 2. Ok. Even though he appeared in a comic and in shadow/BTAS homage in #FromBatToWorse already. And Riddler! :D

Edit 2: Here's another sneak peek.
To be clear, that's a preview of one of the shorts from today.

Last edited:

CNC

Teen Titans GO!
Monday, September 28 - 6 P.M. (EST) - 629 - Superhero Feud

Control Freak pits the Titans against the DC Superhero Girls to determine who is the best team in the universe. (DCSHG crossover?)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Teen Titans GO!
Monday, September 28 - 6 P.M. (EST) - 629 - Superhero Feud

Control Freak pits the Titans against the DC Superhero Girls to determine who is the best team in the universe. (DCSHG crossover?)
Guess that explains why they only had one DCSHG episode airing that day when it was a double feature the other 2 days this month they're airing new episodes. Though technically, this is the girls' 2nd crossover. In a digital comic, there was the original girls viewing their universe with Zatanna's magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts