"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, we still have 10-12 episodes left this season. The show is coming back. It's just a matter of when.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It's only been 2 months since the last episode aired, not that long of a hiatus. But I guess it's been longer since the episodes were posted legally online a few weeks before them premiering on TV (and I think there's at least one that didn't air then).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Okay that one clip really gave a lot away about "#League of Shadows", lmao. But I guess bound to happen after CN kept delaying this 2 parter and a few others that we knew of for months.
Bumblebee's favorite boy band finally appears in the show but seems like Ra's views them as a threat against his League of Shadows rock band/or whatever's going on, and he uses a mind control gimmick against Supergirl to use as his own assassin to kill them but Hal, Barry, and Garth swap places with the real boy band and Bumblebee figures out how to break the spell. And there's a song and dance # throughout the third act.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
July 10:

While it is in Italian, I did find this clip.

July 12:

Here's a clip from the UK. It looks like major spoilers are ahead.

I think maybe this episode was aired in UK and Italy without a warning.

Also "#AwesomeAuntAntiope" was aired in Turkey.

The part where Diana burps was cut from the episode.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here's something interesting. When it came to the main villain girls, Lauren took motivation from The Seven Deadly Sins (or in this case, The Six Deadly Motivations).

Catwoman: Greed

Giganta: Violence

Star Sapphire: Envy

Livewire: Sadism

Poison Ivy: Hate

Harley Quinn: Chaos

She said how Cheetah is left out of the main group since her sin/deadly motivation (pride) is too similar to envy, and the cat motif was already taken by Catwoman.

Frontier

Staff member
Here's something interesting. When it came to the main villain girls, Lauren took motivation from The Seven Deadly Sins (or in this case, The Six Deadly Motivations).

Catwoman: Greed

Giganta: Violence

Star Sapphire: Envy

Livewire: Sadism

Poison Ivy: Hate

Harley Quinn: Chaos

She said how Cheetah is left out of the main group since her sin/deadly motivation (pride) is too similar to envy, and the cat motif was already taken by Catwoman.

And some interesting pre-finalized designs for some of the villain girls :).

I think those "sins" sum up the characters for the most part...I'm not sure if I'd say Ivy is "hate" since her love for plants is what drives her, but definitely hate for humanity :ack:.

I think Cheetah works better as an independent operator :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Cool! So it appears the big reveal is Antiope is a bit of a ne'er-do-well and neglects her mission which leads to the big threat of the episode, the Kraken, rampaging onto Metropolis. A glimpse into Diana's childhood in Themyscria. A bit into Greek myth. A brief appearance by a Royal Flush Gang. A cop bust/chase. Another Amazon not really getting Man's World but opposite to Diana, revels in all the fun. Man this episode look like a lot of fun. And based on the 2 clips, we're only really missing like 3 minutes of the episode.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
We don't know yet. Some of the episodes like this and the League Of Shadows haven't aired in America yet. It's only been in other countries.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It just dawned on me that Monday will mark 3 months since the last new episode aired on CN ("#CrashCourse") and will be the longest hiatus in the season since last December which was I think was just under 3 months, like 11 weeks or so. I mean, the last 10 episodes of season 1 have gotta be done at this point. Weird hold up. I was thinking it would be a week bomb after Teen Titans Go! has their 4 part Carl Sanpedro bomb from August 10 to 14 but CN is once again late with the scheduling.

Frontier

Staff member
It just dawned on me that Monday will mark 3 months since the last new episode aired on CN ("#CrashCourse") and will be the longest hiatus in the season since last December which was I think was just under 3 months, like 11 weeks or so. I mean, the last 10 episodes of season 1 have gotta be done at this point. Weird hold up. I was thinking it would be a week bomb after Teen Titans Go! has their 4 part Carl Sanpedro bomb from August 10 to 14 but CN is once again late with the scheduling.
Hiatuses and Superhero cartoons. What a combination :p.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Given how Cartoon Network has put a lot of its original content onto HBO Max, it makes me think that the final episodes of season 1 (and maybe even all of season 2) won't air on tv. They'll probably be put on the Cartoon Network app (not only because most of season 1 has been that way, but also because the Teens Go special about Carl Sanpedro was put there before tv), Netflix (since the show is currently on there), maybe HBO Max (given how the Shea Fontana movies from the 2015 series are on there), or maybe even iTunes.

Frontier

Staff member
Given how Cartoon Network has put a lot of its original content onto HBO Max, it makes me think that the final episodes of season 1 (and maybe even all of season 2) won't air on tv. They'll probably be put on the Cartoon Network app (not only because most of season 1 has been that way, but also because the Teens Go special about Carl Sanpedro was put there before tv), Netflix (since the show is currently on there), maybe HBO Max (given how the Shea Fontana movies from the 2015 series are on there), or maybe even iTunes.
They might be waiting for the license to expire for Netflix...or something :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Zap2It is listing "#LeagueOfShadows" for August 22 at 12 pm and 5:30 pm (under Upcoming, new episodes only). Logline is
Under the control of Red Kryptonite, Kara Danvers is brainwashed by rock 'n' roll front man Ra's al Ghul and sent on a mission to purify the world... starting with the terrible music of Karen Beecher's favorite boy band!
Also if you're spoiler adverse, watch out for spoilers online because #LeagueOfShadows and #AwesomeAuntAntiope are airing this weekend on CN U.K. and CN Australia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts