"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
At least there shouldn't be any delays with The Suicide Squad's release this time as opposed to Wonder Woman 1984. I recall they scheduled episodes focusing on Diana a couple of times thinking the movie would premiere before it finally came out.

Eldorado

Speaking of Suicide Squad, you guys think that we may get them (or at least a child friendly equivalent) in the show?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Speaking of Suicide Squad, you guys think that we may get them (or at least a child friendly equivalent) in the show?
It's possible. They went to Suicide Slums in one episode in season 1 but it was retitled to Sinister Slums.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I didn't expect the second Ace Chemicals location and villain nod. Good stuff! Looking forward to another episode that expands on Gotham City.

EDIT 8/15: Wow, so looks like CN again yanked DCSHG from the schedule like before instead of just rerunning episodes during the hiatus.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
TV Passport lists two new titles for October 3. No descriptions available yet.
"#DetentionClub"
"#SmallVictories"
Ok, guess they're sticking with the double headers... in any case. Speculation time. #DetentionClub made me think Kara and/or some of the villain girls. Probably a riff on Breakfast Club. #SmallVictories - automatically zeroed on it likely being a Bumblebee episode.

Frontier

Staff member
Ok, guess they're sticking with the double headers... in any case. Speculation time. #DetentionClub made me think Kara and/or some of the villain girls. Probably a riff on Breakfast Club. #SmallVictories - automatically zeroed on it likely being a Bumblebee episode.
I hope so! Be nice to see more of them again :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The 2 episodes showed up on zap2it and here are the loglines:

#DetentionClub
Five socially disparate teens, Hal, Pam, Kara, Zee and Garth, find they have more in common than they thought after spending a Saturday in detention.

#SmallVictories
A malfunctioning device shrinks Karen into the Microverse, leaving technophobic Diana as her only hope.

Frontier

Staff member
The 2 episodes showed up on zap2it and here are the loglines:

#DetentionClub
Five socially disparate teens, Hal, Pam, Kara, Zee and Garth, find they have more in common than they thought after spending a Saturday in detention.
Hal and Garth are like the only boys the writers still care about at this point (aside from maybe Carter) :p.

Probably also build Kara and Garth's relationship :).

(I wonder if Pam will freak out and Ivy will be the villain again...)
#SmallVictories
A malfunctioning device shrinks Karen into the Microverse, leaving technophobic Diana as her only hope.
The Microverse? I really feel like The Atom or Ray Palmer should be involved in this episode...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The Microverse? I really feel like The Atom or Ray Palmer should be involved in this episode...
I never knew there was a name for it in the DC Comics but I knew there was a Microverse in Marvel Comics (the Quantum Realm in the MCU). It seems the name was formally used in 2016 by the Ryan Choi Atom? I guess Atomverse would have been too obvious. lol.

Eldorado

#DetentionClub
Well, that's crazy.

Just yesterday I was watching an episode of "Into The Dark" that was basically a serial killer version of "The Breakfast Club" and I imagined an episode similar where they were all in detention and they had to fight Arnold Wesker (who in this incarnation was a failed ventriloquist act turned Metropolis High teacher who had a severe mental breakdown and had to take a leave of absence but upon his return had to watch the kids for detention for his first act back at school) who has a major relapse and used his therapy puppet as the first form of Scarface (he'd later return with his traditional dummy form).

Maybe Karen will meet him in The Microverse as he was trapped there for quite some time and it's up to Diana to get the BOTH of them back to full size.

BTDUBS: Can anyone explain to me how to merge my posts? I have like a lot of trouble with some of the tools of these postmakers.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
What If they accidentally start a zombie apocalypse by freeing Atom from the Microverse? :p

BTDUBS: Can anyone explain to me how to merge my posts? I have like a lot of trouble with some of the tools of these postmakers.
I don't think users have the option to merge their posts, and only Mods can do that. Users should just edit them to avoid multi-posting, or see the rules thread for an alternative solution to the Multi-Quote feature. If needed to bump a thread or for others to notice the edit you made, a work-around would be to delete your last post, and re-post it alongside with whatever update you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts