"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Damn... if DC Super Hero Girls really is ending after Season 2... I didn't really give this show a fair chance :sad:
At least the show is treated a bit better than other 2010s, non-TTG DC shows on Cartoon Network, getting to 2 seasons. This is in contrast to Green Lantern The Animated Series, Beware The Batman, and Justice League Action all only getting 1 season and getting cancelled for various reasons. If you include 2010s DC kids shows as a whole, besides TTG, the only other show treated well for awhile would be the 2015 DC Superhero Girls series.

#AngerManagement and #HappyBirthdayZee are now listed for July 4 on zap2it.
Those sound pretty good. I figured this being Fourth Of July would mean no new episodes (given how there's no new episodes on June 20 due to Father's Day and that TTG/Space Jam movie).

Frontier

Staff member
Mm. Seems likely. But weird. Is TTG ending, too? Yet, they got a spin-off in the works. If not, why just DCSHG?

So far the 4 season two episodes that aired were done by Boulder so remains to be seen...
Suddenly I'm thinking to myself if this is why they suddenly commissioned two new DC cartoons :sweat:.
#AngerManagement and #HappyBirthdayZee are now listed for July 4 on zap2it.
Kara's anger issues are tied to her power as Supergirl? Figures :p.

Once again Zee's magic turns out to be more dangerous than she thought :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Those sound pretty good. I figured this being Fourth Of July would mean no new episodes (given how there's no new episodes on June 20 due to Father's Day and that TTG/Space Jam movie).
6/16: I would say it's not a done deal. CN has a history of pulling the rug out from under us when it comes to schedule changes, I'll believe it when it airs, lol.

As mentioned, I only listened to a few minutes of the interview, but I just figured that she was referring to this series. By cut short, I was just assuming that maybe someone had plans for a season 3, but then the show was cancelled at 2 seasons. I figured season 2 would have 52 episodes like season 1 did. That was just I picked up from it though.
6/18: More fuel to the speculation, when I thought Drouhard said something, I looked through old links and back on April 9, Aprilyn Cunanan did tweet "After three years on this series, today is my last day with #DCSuperHeroGirls" and "Season two (and more???? ) is coming! And the DCSHG Switch game comes out in June! I hope you’re looking forward to it! Our crew is very proud of what we were able to accomplish together."

Also, she posted some of her b.g. painting work for "#AmBatgirl" and for "#DoubleDanvers".

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Maya Rudolph's cool and all, but does she have to be the mom in every animated movie?
Streaker Prower wrote on AdrenalineRush1996's profile.
The Reason Why I choose the Disney's One Saturday Morning Name instead of ABC Kids it’s because I don’t want to confused it with the other ABC Kids, The one that airs The Australian Peppa Pig
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of when the 3DS Remake of Ocarina of Time was released in North America. Being able to play one of my favorite video games on the go has been very nice, to say the least.
Yesterday was Charlie Gavin's last day on The Mighty Ones.

Featured Posts