"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
"Ask A Superhero Girl" is where, in the comment section, you ask real life , influential women various questions, and they get answered in a future video. This video is for Lauren Faust, which comes out July 12.

Reactions: Frontier

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Another graphic novel was announced, DC Super Hero Girls: Powerless. Written by Amy Wolfram, illustrated by Agnes Garbowska.
When the electric grid and cloud computing get knocked out on the same night, the Metropolis High Hamsters aren't quite sure how to deal...with a cafeteria that only accepts CASH?! And some of the girls are more affected than others--Batgirl without her smartphone barely makes it to school at all, but Green Lantern is mostly determined to keep her friends safe. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Bumblebee?
With half the team out of commission, how will the girls find the source of the problem and fix it before Sweet Justice runs out of non-frozen desserts?!
DC Super Hero Girls: Powerless continues to develop the relationships forged throughout the beloved DC Super Hero Girls series. This story is perfect for ages 6-10 and a great entry point into the DC Universe and graphic novels.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Faust revealed Jessica Cruz and Pamela Isley are friends and reaffirms we'll be learning more about Isley and her motivations.
I'm kind of not surprised. I mean, this version of Jess is an activist and Ivy is usually depicted as a conservationist/eco-activist, so they probably would get along in their civilian identities :).

Plus, they have green in common...and voicing Jessica Cruz ;) .

And of course we'll be learning more about her, she hasn't even gotten a proper debut episode yet :p.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
That looks pretty cute. It'll be interesting to see who voices her since Stephanie Sheh is not reprising the role.

Now that I think about it, I think Kimiko Glenn could voice her. She's particularly well known for voicing characters that are snarky, level headed, and/or energetic, and Katana fits the former two to a tee (with the latter third being in the Lego projects). Plus, she's worked with Sam Riegel 3 times before.

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Someone spotted an interesting detail.
I remember in the initial description that the girls would hang out with their "bros in the Justice League," so not too surprising :).

We've got Green Arrow and Hawkman, who are new, and I think that's Steve Trevor between Hawkman and Aqualad :cool:.

Surprised Superman isn't there :confused:.

I also wonder if that art for the villain girls was early on because Livewire and Giganta's designs look different :confused:.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
We've got Green Arrow and Hawkman, who are new, and I think that's Steve Trevor between Hawkman and Aqualad :cool:.

Surprised Superman isn't there :confused:.
Because Green Arrow and Hawkman will be teens, too. I recall that bit from July 2018. So Superman likely isn't hanging with them. The only other adult hero we know of is Batman. Maybe Zatara.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Because Green Arrow and Hawkman will be teens, too. I recall that bit from July 2018. So Superman likely isn't hanging with them. The only other adult hero we know of is Batman. Maybe Zatara.
I forget Superman is supposed to be older then the other heroes. He really doesn't look it :sweat:.

Hopefully the other male heroes come off better then Hal and Supes do...although it's kind of surprising we're getting Ollie and Hawkman before their significant others, seemingly :confused:.