"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
If she does appear, maybe Julie Nathanson or Hynden Walch could voice her. The former voiced her in "Lego DC Super Villains" while the latter voiced her in Teen Titans Go. I would say Grey, but she's using that voice for Diana.
Perhaps but they have doubled up in the past like Keith Ferguson does Batman and Robin or Jason Spisak does Hal Jordan and Kilowog. I'd guess either Cree Summer or Grey Griffin would voice Donna since they already voice Hippolyta and Diana respectively.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Possible line-up for March.
"#AllAboutZee" 8/3/20
"#ItsComplicated" 15/3/20
"#BirdAndTheBee" 22/3/20
"#CrashCourse" 29/3/20

And "#LeagueOfShadows for April 5th, apparently. It's not official confirmation yet, but I think this account has been correct before in regards to upcoming airings.
Nice to see the show return for March :).
Faust would only confirm she has an idea for using Wonder Girl on the show but got coy if she's actually appearing or not.
It would be nice to see Donna, even if I have no idea how they'd approach her when Diana has her Super Best Friends Forever personality and performance...plus Diana is a teenager, so wouldn't "Wonder Girl" end up being "Wonder Tot" :sweat:?

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
If she does appear, maybe Julie Nathanson or Hynden Walch could voice her. The former voiced her in "Lego DC Super Villains" while the latter voiced her in Teen Titans Go. I would say Grey, but she's using that voice for Diana.
Grey Griffin is good as Troia/Donna in Young Justice, so I agree with you. Hoping that they get someone good for the role in this show if she does show up. Maybe she would be as young as Garth, hmm.

Edit: Sorry, Frontier - I missed your post for some reason but have just seen it! I agree that Donna would likely be a Wonder Tot.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
It would be nice to see Donna, even if I have no idea how they'd approach her when Diana has her Super Best Friends Forever personality and performance...plus Diana is a teenager, so wouldn't "Wonder Girl" end up being "Wonder Tot" :sweat:?
Maybe Donna would be in middle school or junior high; though her backstory would need some tweaking (if not to be completely altered).

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

Brianne Drouhard is working on the series as a director. She was a storyboard artist for Amethyst Princess Of Gemworld, Batman The Brave And The Bold, Super Best Friends Forever, Pig Goat Banana Cricket , Batman Vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harpy Gee, Glitch Techs, and this series.

Reactions: Yojimbo

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Brianne Drouhard is working on the series as a director. She was a storyboard artist for Amethyst Princess Of Gemworld, Batman The Brave And The Bold, Super Best Friends Forever, Pig Goat Banana Cricket , Batman Vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harpy Gee, Glitch Techs, and this series.
Lots of good kids cartoons :).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Cartoon Network's Twitter put out a tweet for Sunday showing an interesting poster. While we don't know the full plot, this poster essentially boils things down to Catwoman teaming up with the heroes .
I'd rather Catwoman try pulling a heist with her girl villain crew (Gotham City Sirens represent!) but it should be fun to see how she ropes the hero girls into this ;).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Someone got this screenshot from a recent commercial. It has an appearance from Slade/Deathstroke. Given that Fred Tatasciore is already in the series as James Gordon and the school principal, I think he'll reprise the role from Young Justice.
I can't wait to see this show's take on Deathstroke :p.

Are they in the Gordon kitchen? I wonder if he's trying to kill Jim :confused:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Wow, they defied all odds and got renewed by CN. The writing was on the wall with new members of the crew like Drouhard making tweets about work but this seems like a bonafide confirmation of a renewal. Nice. The CN curse is broken. lol. But then again, it could still be from the batch of season 1 episodes yet to air.

Also from PR, this is the full schedule:

039/040: #AllyCat - 3/8/2020

031: #Retreat - 3/15/2020

045: #DinnerForFive - 3/22/2020

032: #LivingTheNightmare - 3/29/2020

042: #AllAboutZee - 4/5/2020

So yeah, AllyCat is gonna be a 2 parter I guess.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Wow, they defied all odds and got renewed by CN. The writing was on the wall with new members of the crew like Drouhard making tweets about work but this seems like a bonafide confirmation of a renewal. Nice. The CN curse is broken. lol. But then again, it could still be from the batch of season 1 episodes yet to air.

Also from PR, this is the full schedule:

039/040: #AllyCat - 3/8/2020

So yeah, AllyCat is gonna be a 2 parter I guess.
Yeah, to be honest I still assumed it was just referring to the second half of season 1 as "season 2" but I'd be more then happy with a renewal :).

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

Cartoon Network's Twitter put out a tweet for Sunday showing an interesting poster. While we don't know the full plot, this poster essentially boils things down to Catwoman teaming up with the heroes .

Boulder Media's Twitter account also used this poster. Maybe they're taking over the animation? In any case, they've worked on Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, El Tigre, Wander Over Yonder, Randy Cunningham, the 2018 Littlest Pet Shop series, and the My Little Pony Rainbow Road Trip tv movie.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Now, loglines. Sounds like #DinnerForFive could be the one with Deathstroke and probably Rose.

And if you're read Firestorm comics, you might know who Casey Krinsky is. ;)

39/040: #AllyCat - 3/8/2020
When Zee Zatara realizes Lex Luthor has unearthed a magical book with the power to tell the future, the girls reluctantly enlist Catwoman to help them steal it from him before he understands what he has, but it may already be too late.

Jessica Cruz and some super friends go on an overnight camping trip without their powers and are attacked by Poison Ivy and a horde of Plant Zombies!

Barbara Gordon finds herself in a tight spot when an awkward dinner with a new friend’s father turns into something so much more.

When Zee’s friends are held captive in their nightmares by a dream demon, she’ll have to confront her own hidden insecurities, or risk the Super Hero Girls being trapped in a prison of their own fears forever.

Zee Zatara is flattered when she meets an overeager admirer named Casey Krinsky, but soon realizes that “her biggest fan” wants much more than just an autograph.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Now, loglines. Sounds like #DinnerForFive could be the one with Deathstroke and probably Rose.
Barbara Gordon becoming pals with Rose Wilson (who may or may not secretly be Ravager) and then fighting Deathstroke (who is secrely Rose's dad) should be pretty fun :p.

Maybe we'll finally meet Barbara Sr. ;)?
And if you're read Firestorm comics, you might know who Casey Krinsky is. ;)
I had to look her up. A good, deep, cut. Kind of random, but a deep cut ;).
39/040: #AllyCat - 3/8/2020
When Zee Zatara realizes Lex Luthor has unearthed a magical book with the power to tell the future, the girls reluctantly enlist Catwoman to help them steal it from him before he understands what he has, but it may already be too late.
I was wondering when Lex would come back to prominence...sounds like he has the Book of Destiny? Plenty of reason for the girls to work with a villain to stop him :eek:.
Jessica Cruz and some super friends go on an overnight camping trip without their powers and are attacked by Poison Ivy and a horde of Plant Zombies!
Another Green Lantern vs. Ivy episode? I wonder if we'll see more of Jessica and Pam :)?
When Zee’s friends are held captive in their nightmares by a dream demon, she’ll have to confront her own hidden insecurities, or risk the Super Hero Girls being trapped in a prison of their own fears forever.

Zee Zatara is flattered when she meets an overeager admirer named Casey Krinsky, but soon realizes that “her biggest fan” wants much more than just an autograph.
It's great to see more Zatanna-focused episodes :D.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Looks like the 3rd GN has popped up on Amazon, titled "Midterms" and is slated for September 1 by Amy Wolfram and Yancey Labat.
Who comes out on top when a Bumblebee, a journalist, and a super-villain fight? Find out when Karen Beecher and Lois Lane face off in a battle of wits with...Harleen Quinzel?!

Three students top the leaderboard at Metropolis High, and the upcoming midterms will determine who's the best in class. But each girl must first face challenges from their real lives!
Maybe we'll finally meet Barbara Sr. ;)?
Come to think of it, if she does, it would be her second appearance in animation, the Year One DTV being her only appearance I believe.

I had to look her up. A good, deep, cut. Kind of random, but a deep cut ;).
If YJ and HQ do it, so shall DCSHG.

I was wondering when Lex would come back to prominence...sounds like he has the Book of Destiny? Plenty of reason for the girls to work with a villain to stop him :eek:.
Good call, sounds like the Book of Destiny.

Another Green Lantern vs. Ivy episode? I wonder if we'll see more of Jessica and Pam :)?
Probably, I recall it being said their friendship will continue to be explored.

It's great to see more Zatanna-focused episodes :D.
Agreed! I doubt it's him but "Dream demon" made me think of Choronzon from the Sandman series and it would be hilarious addressing her insecurities would be entering into Chronozon's reality TV challenge, an updated and more kid-friendly take from the comics.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

back when the Harvey Weinstein allegations happened i remember saying "well i'm not surprised he's known for being a jerk to certain movies particularly in his treatment in animated movies he acquired and is known for re-cutting live action flims behind director's backs."
They are still airing New Episodes of Max and Ruby???
Most NBCU networks will air movies with limited ads.
Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List