"DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts" Talkback (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

May 16:

1. I guess I'm kind of not surprised Carol jumped from crazy ex-girlfriend to stalker .

2. So we've got a sweets-loving Amazonian princess vs. a girl who probably has a big stomach (because she's Giganta) vs. the fastest eater alive .

1. I remembered seeing one Twitter user how, just in that image, Carol looks a bit like Isabella from Phineas And Ferb. Her yandere behavior here reminds me of Suzy Johnson from that same series, who's also voiced by Kari Wahlgren.

2. She'd probably check into some kind of doctor's office if we see more of her dessert addiction.

May 23:

Here is today's episode, Let Them Eat Pie. Diana, you need a doctor. Also, Grey pulls triple duty here.
Diana enters a pie eating contest.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 23:

Here is today's episode, Let Them Eat Pie. Diana, you need a doctor. Also, Grey pulls triple duty here.
I guess having the stomach of a Demigoddess doesn't hurt :cool:.

It would've been kind of amusing if Doris was tempted to transform into Giganta just to better stomach the food but couldn't because it would leak her identity ;).

So I guess The Flash is the Fastest Eater Alive, but not the fastest at digesting :ack:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Let Them Eat Pie"

You know what? Whatever charm and appeal the series initially held for me has almost completely disappeared due to how disrespectfully they treat the male characters.

Diana wins an eating contest over Barry Allen? For real? I just can't even with this show anymore. It's a little early in the run for the shark jump, but maybe it already happened and I just didn't notice it. *1/2.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Diana loses an eating contest to Barry Allen? For real? I just can't even with this show anymore. It's a little early in the run for the shark jump, but maybe it already happened and I just didn't notice it. *1/2.
Barry lost. He got disqualified when his stomach couldn't take all the food he'd eaten.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Wasabi War"

Part of me thinks Kara's behavior is low-rent. But the other part knows I would never eat that crap either. ****.

Funkatron

I love the compromise they have with Harley. Her civilian guise is her more modern comic look while her villain costume is closer to the original from BTAS. I also like civilian Pamela Isley; making her a wallflower is so hilarious to me

Frontier

Staff member

Here is today's episode, Remote Uncontrolled.
Cool to get our first short centered around the villain girls, and unsurprisingly Harley and Ivy, although definitely not the most positive depiction of their relationship :sweat:.

I love how Pam lives in a house covered in grass and with a bunch of plants, and watches nature shows. That's just so Ivy ;).

Two Supervillains arguing over a remote? Sounds like a recipe for fun :cool:.

I love how the wrestling show at times seems to be commenting on the Harley and Ivy fight :p.

"Make it Wayne?" So...Bruce Wayne gives people money? Not surprised Harley and Ivy don't want to watch a show about Batman though :rolleyes2:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Remote Uncontrolled"

Due to the heavy sweater and morose demeanor, the Ivy this version most resembles is Clare Foley's from Gotham. Do you know the messed up thing? As bad as Gotham was, I think Foley was the best Ivy ever. So of course they got rid of her. If Gotham ever found itself itself an MVP, can't miss actor, they always wound up either killing them off, or in the case of Foley, recasting for a bogus reason. But yeah, as bad as Gotham was, Foley was a bright spot. Her being written out is why Gotham never let us have nice things. It's nice to see an Ivy that seems to be based a bit in part on her.

Harley is bland however, and there is nothing new added to this version of the character.

Decent cartoon. ***.

Frontier

Staff member
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Remote Uncontrolled"

Due to the heavy sweater and morose demeanor, the Ivy this version most resembles is Clare Foley's from Gotham. Do you know the messed up thing? As bad as Gotham was, I think Foley was the best Ivy ever. So of course they got rid of her. If Gotham ever found itself itself an MVP, can't miss actor, they always wound up either killing them off, or in the case of Foley, recasting for a bogus reason. But yeah, as bad as Gotham was, Foley was a bright spot. Her being written out is why Gotham never let us have nice things. It's nice to see an Ivy that seems to be based a bit in part on her.

Harley is bland however, and there is nothing new added to this version of the character.

Decent cartoon. ***.
Thank you for reminding me of the strange and inconsistent Poison Ivy saga on Gotham :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts