"DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts" Talkback (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
It's kind of interesting to see Zatanna so prominently in this because she's probably one of the only major DC ladies and female heroes who never made a single appearance in the original DCSHG, although I think part of that is that Fontana wanted Raven to be the main magic girl of the cast :sweat:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
January 28th:
Well, Zatanna being the main magic user does fit the tone of what Lauren wants for her series what with having a relatively less darker background than Raven. It also explains Jessica Cruz being reworked to make her less anxious and more well adjusted. I mean, in the main series, Shea Fontana didn't add Raven until season 4, after the show became more comfortable going a little darker.

January 31st:
Here is today's episode, Hamster Con Queso. I actually thought that was Tom Kenny in the episode, and not Keith Ferguson.

It's Barbara Gordon's turn to take care of the school mascot Hammy the hamster, who she has to look after while working at the Burrito Bucket. What could go wrong?

Here is a peek at next week's episode.

Batgirl finds herself in trouble with Poison Ivy when her reinforcement, Diana Prince, can’t understand her text messages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Hamster Con Queso"

That hamster sure is cute, but Barb's boss is a jerk.

But am I the only one annoyed Babs got away with it? The hamster DID fall in the soda and the food. She DID deserve to be fired (or at least reprimanded) for that. ****.

Frontier

Staff member
January 31st:
Here is today's episode, Hamster Con Queso. I actually thought that was Tom Kenny in the episode, and not Keith Ferguson.

Good to see Babs gets along with hamsters better then bats :p

Too bad Babs got stuck in a fast-food job. She probably should've found something that involved computers. The uniform is cute though :).

Not surprised to see another Fosters alumni in Keith Ferguson showing up ;).
Wonder Woman's secret weakness...emoji's :eek:.

Cool to finally see one of the villain girls in the spotlight. I'm guessing we'll get confirmation for Ivy and maybe even Bumblebee and Jessica's VA's if they have lines as well :).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Never heard of her before, but excited to hear her as Jess .

Here are clips of both of her voice roles. In a bit of irony, I didn't recognize her in Elena, yet recognized her in Star Wars, and went back to not recognizing her here.

To get this back on topic, talking about the next short, I have a feeling there will be a different role reprisal for Ivy, like maybe Jennifer Hale.

Here is today's episode.

Batgirl finds herself in trouble with Poison Ivy when her reinforcement, Diana Prince, can't understand her text messages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harley16

The new short was interesting and good can't wait until the series gets a premiere date . Also was there a sneak peek of the next short ?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The new short was interesting and good can't wait until the series gets a premiere date . Also was there a sneak peek of the next short ?
There was no sneak peek. This could mean that it comes out on Monday, or there's no new one next week.

atomicbattery

Loved this.
Probably a good shorthand for the show as well. Lets the audience know that there will be good girls and bad girls, and the mention of Harley at the end can now ease the concerns of many on Twitter and in the YouTube comments sections.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess growing on up on Themyscira, it's hard enough for Diana to get a handle on cell phones, let alone texting and emoji's :sweat:.

Nice to see Batgirl fighting a Bat-villain :cool:.

Finally get confirmation that Kimberly Brooks is voicing Bumblebee, which is cool. Always nice to hear Brooks in something, and her more softer, younger, voice for Karen is different from what I usually hear from her, which is neat :).

Isn't there a plant-based Green Lantern? I'm sure Jessica wouldn't have a hard time convincing them to go vegan :rolleyes2:.

Cristin Milizia voicing Ivy is a nice surprise. It's good to see her still associated with DCSHG, and having her "switch sides" to voice the villainous Poison Ivy is certainly a cool new role for her (I don't think she's voiced villains before?), and I think she does a good job here :evil:

But it's also kind of hilarious that she's jumping from one green DC character to another, and to play one of the most devout vegan characters in the DC Universe when this version of Jessica Cruz is also a vegan (as emphasized in this short). I think it's going to be really fun to see Ivy and GL interact for a lot of reasons ;).

Ending on Ivy not understanding Harley's texts was a nice way to cap off the episode, not only because it acknowledges Harley and Ivy's friendship with her, but because of the added punch of two Tara Strong characters dealing with people not understanding their text messages :p.

I hope the next few shorts showcase more of the rest of the girls, as well as the villain girls :anime:.
Loved this.
Probably a good shorthand for the show as well. Lets the audience know that there will be good girls and bad girls, and the mention of Harley at the end can now ease the concerns of many on Twitter and in the YouTube comments sections.
Harley's been confirmed for this for a while, right down to the first synopsis for the show.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This video Cristina put up a few years ago shows her voicing an antagonistic Monster High character.

It is also an interesting change for Kimberly Brooks to voice a more soft spoken character given that she usually voices characters that are tough and edgy (Jasper from Steven Universe ), laid back (Doc's mom and Surfer Girl on Doc McStuffins), or have some kind of authority (Allura from Voltron).

Troy Troodon

So, Myrna Velasco is Jessica Cruz. I thought she sounded different from Cristina. Not exactly what I expected but hey at least she's still in the show regardless.

I wonder if there'll be more voice actresses to voice the rest of the female villains, and possibly other heroes in the show as well.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if there'll be more voice actresses to voice the rest of the female villains, and possibly other heroes in the show as well.
We know Tara is still Harley, and Grey Griffin is still Giganta, so that just leaves Catwoman, Livewire, and Star Sapphire of the main villain girls without confirmed VA's (not counting Cheetah).

At least Ivy shows they aren't necessarily going to double-up with all the villain ladies :sweat:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Maybe Kari could voice Star Sapphire like she did in Young Justice , though she only did so as Carol Ferris. As for Livewire , either she could reprise from Justice League Gods And Monsters, or Cree Summer could reprise from the Lego DC Super Villains video game.

Is that confirmed?!
Grey mentioned in this video at about 2:55 that Tara is Harley.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Oh my...

How will this even work?! Tara would basically be playing the same character twice in the same time.
She could still differentiate. While both Batgirl and Harley are energetic, she's channeling more of a Pinkie Pie/Unikitty performance for the former, while in the latter, she goes for more of a squeak because of the accent . Plus, in the main DC Superhero Girls series , she used a more Fluttershy like voice for Ivy to differentiate from how she usually plays her.

atomicbattery

Harley's been confirmed for this for a while, right down to the first synopsis for the show.

I know! But the majority in the YouTube comments sections and on Twitter seem to be unaware of this. I think that this is because only the hero girls are in the promotional art that has been released so far. I wish WB/CN would release the bad girl art that was shown at ComicCon.
If you read the comments under today’s ‘#Frowny Face’, you’ll see several excited posts about Harley being on the show.

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
We know Tara is still Harley, and Grey Griffin is still Giganta, so that just leaves Catwoman, Livewire, and Star Sapphire of the main villain girls without confirmed VA's (not counting Cheetah).
Don't forget Grey confirmed that Giganta is gonna be based after Biff Tannen from Back to the Future. So expect a Chicken joke.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts