"DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
"Make it Wayne?" So...Bruce Wayne gives people money? Not surprised Harley and Ivy don't want to watch a show about Batman though :rolleyes2:.
I thought it was a reality TV show, a play on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, but the majority of the episodes would probably be the cameraman trying to find him after he suddenly slips away. :p The funny part is both girls are from Gotham and have zero interest in it.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Here is today's episode, The Slow And The Furious.
Ah, when you're the only one of your group of friends with a license and a car :p.

Kinda wonder what happened with Giganta :confused:.

Of course Babs would turn every vehicle she has into a mini-Batmobile :rolleyes2:.

Ah, Karen is one of those passengers :sweat:.

Diana is old-school...maybe a little too old school :eek:.

Huh, y'know I'd think Zee would've probably been open to classical, but I guess Jazz is fancier ;).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "The Slow And The Furious"

It just keeps hitting me: All of these characters are annoying and hard to like. *1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Here is today's episode, Big Screen Bully.
I feel many movie-goers who've had to deal with rowdy audiences would find this short cathartic :p.

I don't know whether I should be concerned or not about Karen getting a pep talk from a poster :sweat:.

I almost feel bad for Doris getting booted just as she was enjoying the movie...but she brought it on herself :rolleyes:.
Here's a sneak peek.
Equal Tights | Trailer | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts

So I see they're lifting from the Lego Movie for Superman and GL's relationship :sweat:.

Kinda wonder what's up with Ivy dunking that scientist there :confused:.

Reactions: atomicbattery

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Big Screen Bully"

Giganta is the worst.

Let me see if I get this straight. They have Giganta sit in front of somebody in a movie theater and she doesn't use her size power once? Do I have that right? This show is doing it wrong. *1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Big Screen Bully"

Giganta is the worst.

Let me see if I get this straight. They have Giganta sit in front of somebody in a movie theater and she doesn't use her size power once? Do I have that right? This show is doing it wrong. *1/2.
She probably didn't think she needed to. She was effectively ruining Karen's viewing experience in her normal self :sweat:.

Funkatron

Mar 12, 2002
Not sure if it was mentioned before, but they are airing a super short as an ad on YouTube. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the short but it involves Supergirl having to stop a villain without her costume

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Equal Tights"

The characters on this show all seem to be in a fierce competition to see who can annoy me the most. The verdict: They are all winning. *.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Here is today's episode, Equal Tights. Now Hal is the stalker. Talk about ironic.
Can't say I was expecting them to lift so heavily from the Lego Movie for Supes and GL's relationship...or that Hal would come off worse here :sweat:.

So is the "Justice League" Superman's group of friends in this continuity :confused:?

Well, Superman is still kind of a tool but he still comes off better compared to Hal...

So, uh, did they stop Poison Ivy? I wonder why she was trying to kill Poison Ivy :ack:?

The Donner Superman reference was kind of funny. Doesn't a farmer character live at that house? Is that Jonathan Kent :p?
Here is a sneak peek at next week.

Super powers, super hair ;).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts “Dye Harder”

To be blunt, episodes where the girls get their hair done or have makeovers do not interest me. To be blunter, that doesn’t actually matter, and will not negatively effect the final grade. Why? Because this is a show for little girls! Do you know what kind of adult male superhero fan would demand everything in this show cater to their specific tastes? A selfish one. One who can be ignored. One who does not have the franchise’s best interests at heart. These are the kind of hijinks little girls love, and all things considered, they were pretty successful hijinx. I don’t know how likely it is a hairdressing salon would be to stock dynamite, but I appreciated the gag, especially since I could immediately see the problem coming that did out of the idea of giving Kara a haircut.

This episode was not my cup of tea. But it was great anyways. Not everything is about me. 5 stars.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.